Size 10 screaming to get out!!

Oooooh, what a massively lovely day :D. Zoo plan was aborted when we saw the prices and instead just spent the last few hours walking from the castle at Hadleigh to Leigh-on-Sea, having a tea there (well, panini and tea for Boo, a spakling water for me!) and walking back. Bliss. A good 2-3 hours of walking as well, I'm knackered!! I did have 2 of Boo's cockles from the seaside but I'm really not gonna stress over that as they are the size of a pea and I doubt they have any carbs in, in fact they just seem to be made out of sea water. Having second shake at half six so definitely not that hungry. Panini looked OK but I wasn't going to sulk, it's far too sunny for that! Oh, I did have one tiny leaf of lettuce as well but I mean come on....! It's all good.

Boo says I seem happier since I've been on this diet. The paper earlier gave a list of ways to be happy and one of them was "set goals and work towards them" so I figured that this was probably why. It's good to feel motivated by something. I haven't had a new project since the last time I dieted!!!! xx

Well done, i dont think i would have resisted the panini!! :0
xx

It was tough. I tried to read the paper instead of looking at it!! Stodgy bread type things with melted cheese are just my bag. However whilst I'm the first few days I tend to be very motivated, it's making that motivation last is the problem....x

Im sure you will manage, i cant seem to get bread out of my head just now!! Time for another glass of water i think :) xx

Oh dear, chocolate milkshake again for dinner. I wish the bumper pack let you pick what flavours you want. I'm trying not to get optimistic about WI as my losses have been very poor in the first week last two times but I do get ever so impatient! It took about 5 weeks to lose a stone last time :(

I'm going to treat myself to a microdermal implant when I'm 9 stone 13! Night everyone xx

Righty-o, vanilla for brekkies and have not brought any chocolate to work with me. My choices for lunch are either strawberry or the random Thai chicken soup I ordered. Felt fat this morning :(. Very good nights sleep after that walk however (best nights sleep in ages), although that did include rather bizarre dreams about Boo crashing the hire car with my mum outside Homebase and me going to visit death row except it was all carpeted and nice. Odd.

Am already planning for the sort of meals I might have when I start eating again. I haven't even done a week yet!!!! An avocado with prawn mayonnaise is the current fantasy running though my head...xx

Hmmmmmm. Not sure about this. I will give it its due and admit that it is much bigger than a shake (added loads of water), it is filling and it smells nice. Definitely lemongrassy so we know it's Thai. But I just can't get on with it. Perhaps if I thought it was a "normal" soup and not an Exante soup I wouldn't take so much issue with it. BUT it is nice to have somthing hot and savoury. Would prefer a sausage roll though ;)

Don't reckon I'll be ordering more of them. Think I made the right decision to stick to shakes. The only problem is that when I lost 4 stone on Cambrige the first time, when I finished I found myself with a horribly sweet tooth that I had never had before and sometimes skipped dinner for a bag of pick 'n' mix (seriously. And this was when I was managing to stay skinny!). Never got rid of that sweet tooth since...

While we're on the subject - a good joke mum sent me below.

Apparently it's no longer politically correct to direct a joke at any racial or ethnic minority so try this one:

An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, a Welshman, a Latvian, a Turk, an Aussie, a German, a Yank, an Egyptian, a Jap, a Mexican, a Spaniard, a Russian, a Pole, a Lithuanian, a Swede, a Finn, an Israeli, a Romanian, a Bulgarian, a Serb, a Swiss, a Greek, a Singaporean, an Italian, a Norwegian and an African went to a night club.

The bouncer said: "Sorry, I can't let you in without a Thai" :D x

I'm home with a can o' Coke Zero and I just had a slice of Bernard Matthews chicken breast. I don't think I'd be so naughty if I was having bars. I've just been to the shops with Boo and I think that was what made me hungry, plus I was very sad that Danish salami was on offer, he got some and I can't have any :(. It's one of my favs. Esp with a couple of bits of well buttered crusty white sliced.

On one hand I think it's ridiculous to berate myself for one measly slice of chicken and I realise it's not that big a deal but on the other hand I get a bit annoyed as I never allowed myself any extras the first time I did this and I feel a bit like it's cheating. I know I have terrible losses so feel like I'm sabotaging the diet and not taking it seriously.

I would LIKE to have lost 4 lbs on Thursday to get to 10 stone 9 lb and under the doubles, even more would be better, but I know from bitter experience that I'm unlikely to lose that much in the first week. I wonder if I'm the only one who loses more in the second week? It's not to do with TOTM or anything either. Been good on the drinking water today and face might look titchy bit thinner. I know I always lose first from my face, arms and shoulder area, next the boobs and legs and pretty much never off my tummy (seriously- I was the only 8 stone 10lb person I knew with rolls!!). We'll see. I'm secretly hoping that this time will be different and I'll get the same massive losses that everyone else on here gets but I think I'm just getting my hopes up :(.

On the plus side, I'm going to have a warm banana milkshake tonight and might jazz it up with some cinnamon...mmmmm....x

I'm feeling glum today. I think it's the prospect of sitting in on my own for two days with no car whilst it's sunny and having no company whilst Boo is in Suffolk. I don't want to nag him about going back (long story, this is a real big issue between us) but it would be nice to share the Bank Holiday with him. I chose the worst time to go on a diet - two sunny Bank Holidays :( I'm not looking forward to Camden Crawl at all. I really am feeling very gloomy. I have had 2 shakes, hardly any water as was at court this morning, have a Coke zero which was kindly bought for me as I'm massively skint. Wearing a top where I'm conscious of my rolls. Bleurgh. It's not that I'm going to blow the diet but I'm just feeling sad :( It probably really doesn't help that I've run out of anti-depressants and as I have no car can't get to the doctors to get some more...

Anyhoo, life goes on. I quite fancied a Hoisin duck wrap at Tescos but it's all under control. Someone asked how I can be so motivated - I said that there's no point in spending your money and doing this diet if you can't remain consistently at some level of motivation otherwise you may as well do a different diet. Don't think a VLCD is for everyone. It's the next bit that's tricky...xx

Aw dont feel down, you are doing great! I agree on the bank holidays though and im being a bit weaker as i am having a planned eat on Sunday, we go to my sister in laws for the football (old firm) and we have a few drinks then sunday dinner. I have decided i am only going to have a little meat and veg (no potatoes) and 1 glass of wine after all it is the easter wknd!

Hope your feeling better about things soon :)

Aw dont feel down, you are doing great! I agree on the bank holidays though and im being a bit weaker as i am having a planned eat on Sunday, we go to my sister in laws for the football (old firm) and we have a few drinks then sunday dinner. I have decided i am only going to have a little meat and veg (no potatoes) and 1 glass of wine after all it is the easter wknd!

Hope your feeling better about things soon :)

Meat and veg - no problemo, don't worry about it. The wine, well, like you say, it's Easter! Don't make yourself ill though - isn't it bad if you're in ketosis to drink alcohol?? I'm not going to indulge myself but the weekend after, we'll see! Having said that, I want to be on this as little time as poss so I can start eating healthy food so I may stay strong. Defo going to drink on weekend of 14/05/11 though, that will be a whole month alcohol free if I wait until then :eek:

Thanks for the nice post, I just feel so unmotivated and bored, not with the diet but with everything. I have a report to write for Thursday, I have hardly written any and I just can't be bothered at all...x

I dont think drinking alcohol is the best thing to do but i was thinking i would sip away at a small glass whilst eating dinner, I will wait and see how it goes, i might get an amazing weight loss on thursday that will make me so determined to get thin that I wont want to eat anything!!( Im hoping anyway!)

I was like that the other day, its not a nice feeling. Hope that you feel better soon, its really hard doing this diet and when you are having a low day it makes it feel 100 times worse! Just keep reminding yourself of how well you have done!! x

There isn't a smilie for a hug but have a virtual one anyway ((((((()))))))

I think we get days when we feel like this anyway, diet or not but don't we just love cheering ourselves up with something nice to eat :)

Hope things are brighter tomorrow (or sooner maybe?) :D

Thanks guys :). I didn't feel like this at all when I got up but it's just getting worse through the day. It think it's the stress of knowing I've got this report and very little time to write it. Like my weight, I tend to ignore these things rather than taking them in hand and getting on with it!!

Good luck with the weigh-in Chazz27. Mine is on Thursday as well although that will technically have been 8 days on the diet! x

I don't even know why I'm feeling like this when I've just had a pay rise confirmed, for the first bigger payment to come in tomorrow! AND in the public sector too....x

Well I am 2 strawberry shakes down now instead of one. It's still horrible but not totally inedible, or rather undrinkable.

I have messed up again and had a slice of that blasted salami in the fridge. So day 6 of the diet and have now had 2 cockles, 2 slices of chicken and one slice of salami as well as my shakes :(. Bum. At least I got home and instead of moping I got on with the huge pile of recycling and watered the plants and cleared and re-organised the whole larder! All those lovely herbs and spices :). So that's good. Then watched supersize/superskinny which made me feel in turns very fat and very thin!!

Went to Morrisons and Boo bought some stuff so I can make him muffins tomorrow for his last day at work on Thursday. Blueberry and white chocolate.

I have a hair cut booked for Thursday evening whoop! Hope everyone is on track and doing well x

Thanks Chazz. Today I'm checking in on Minimins just now as I'm early into work then I'm skipping team meeting to get my report done with NO Minimins and NO telephone calls to interrupt me. I'd feel so much better if I just got most of it done. However I do have some herbs here to re-pot so will do that at lunch I reckon and may go for a quick walkie as it's meant to be scorchio today. Might even treat myself to some hair dye!

Have I replaced my obsession with food with an obsession with Minimins I wonder sometimes?? :D

On the down side, the feeling gloomy yesterday inevitably transformed intself into "worrying about stuff far too much in bed, getting myself angry and upset and not sleeping at all", as it tends to do. So I'm having an early Coke zero to perk me up as I've hardly slept :(. Rubbish.

Weigh-in tomorrow, eek!

Enjoy the sunshine everyone, hope some of you get to go outside and not spend it at a desk like me xx

Back