Size 10 screaming to get out!!

You would know better than I would with a name like biochem ;) !!! :eek: I'm a silly goose. I guess vitamin C always made me think of oranges and apples... but then again I think I watched a video that proved that bell peppers have MUCH more vitamin C. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kiwis have more Vit C I think than oranges, and potatoes have a lot (which means the chips I had last night from the chippy were positively healthy...). x

Woah, see what happens when you reach a target (even if I haven't got to 9 stone yet)? Well I had spag bol for the first time in ages on Friday night as well as a bagel with jam and peanut butter and followed by white chocolate and raspberry Haagen Daazs. OMG I had forgotten had good spag bol is :eek: yum, yum, yum. Erm, then a ham sandwich on Saturday followed by a curry with starter and some more ice-cream. And OMG CURRY as well. It was slightly redeemed by being not-so-bad prawn and spinach but then managed to finish off my friend's rice and lamb. Eek. A few ciders and wines and a beer into the mix and I bombarded my way into another BBQ on Sunday with a jacket potato. Oh, and another Wispa ice-cream (FAR too much ice-cream going on here). So stuffed yesterday evening could only manage a slice of ham. Meal replacement bar this morning and soup for dinner - I have a lot of dieting to do *sigh*!!!! xx

Love the above post Jubbles. Sounds amazing. Hope it tasted every bit as scrummy as it sounds skinny-mini. Take care xxxxx

Terrible. My tummy looks yuk today and I've just had a stupid hoisin duck wrap (although this was only 340 cals). How is everyone doing? xx

Oh dear, if the rest of the day is like the morning I'm going back home to bed. And I definitely didn't WI this morning after what I ate last night. I went to Harvester with good intentions, didn't know what to have and in a panic ordered a platter with chicken, ribs, wings, jacket potato, corn on the cob, God knows what else. I struggled as I ate it. Felt so ill and was not so well when I got home. Too much meat and BBQ sauce!!

This morning I took the dog out near work and slipped over in my shoes - totally embarrassing. Hands hurt as scraped them. People walking past :eek:. And what does Taco do - does he stand loyally next to me trying to see if I'm OK? No, he runs off yelping like he's the one looking like a tit and some lady had to go and retrieve him. Nightmare.

And this is on top of banging my knee into my drawer at work the other day AND slamming my hand by accident in a door at the curry place. What's wrong with me???? Too much ice-cream I reckon...xx

Jubbly said:
Oh dear, if the rest of the day is like the morning I'm going back home to bed. And I definitely didn't WI this morning after what I ate last night. I went to Harvester with good intentions, didn't know what to have and in a panic ordered a platter with chicken, ribs, wings, jacket potato, corn on the cob, God knows what else. I struggled as I ate it. Felt so ill and was not so well when I got home. Too much meat and BBQ sauce!!

This morning I took the dog out near work and slipped over in my shoes - totally embarrassing. Hands hurt as scraped them. People walking past :eek:. And what does Taco do - does he stand loyally next to me trying to see if I'm OK? No, he runs off yelping like he's the one looking like a tit and some lady had to go and retrieve him. Nightmare.

And this is on top of banging my knee into my drawer at work the other day AND slamming my hand by accident in a door at the curry place. What's wrong with me???? Too much ice-cream I reckon...xx

Oh Hun you poor thing :( think you should just go home and wrap yourself in bubble wrap x

Ha, good idea. Sooo clumsy :eek:. Got hold of some cheap tickets for Latitude this morning as friend offered so very unexpectedly going to a festival this weekend. Must buy mac. The amount of calories consumed (esp alcohol) is likely to be considerable but the thing about festivals is that you are on your feet all the time. What with the falling over, banging my knee and camping for 3 nights, my chiropracter's going to love me on Monday!! xx

Jubbly said:
Ha, good idea. Sooo clumsy :eek:. Got hold of some cheap tickets for Latitude this morning as friend offered so very unexpectedly going to a festival this weekend. Must buy mac. The amount of calories consumed (esp alcohol) is likely to be considerable but the thing about festivals is that you are on your feet all the time. What with the falling over, banging my knee and camping for 3 nights, my chiropracter's going to love me on Monday!! xx

Lol at least you will get your money's worth ;)

Gaaaahhhh. I'm back!!!! It's not so good news, not terrible but I feel impending doom and inevitable weight gain creeping on. WI yesterday and had put a lb on - 9 stone 5. Managed to not eat much yesterday and back down to 9 stone 4 this morning therefore have put as an STS on my losses however feel like I'm cheating myself. All manner of excuses starting to creep in now, the old familiars such as:

"I've worked hard to get rid of it, I need a treat"
"But it smells/looks so yummy and I'm a normal weight now"
"I'm only 9 stone 4 and I still hate the way I look so there's no point in bothering anymore" (dangerous one that)
"I seem to be staying the same at the moment, a little more won't hurt"
"But if I just eat ice-cream and have nothing else, it's fine"
"Oh I don't care, just give me spaghetti"
"I will never keep this off anyway"

Big sigh.

I really don't think I will ever keep weight off. Am I catostrophising??? x

Jubbly said:
Gaaaahhhh. I'm back!!!! It's not so good news, not terrible but I feel impending doom and inevitable weight gain creeping on. WI yesterday and had put a lb on - 9 stone 5. Managed to not eat much yesterday and back down to 9 stone 4 this morning therefore have put as an STS on my losses however feel like I'm cheating myself. All manner of excuses starting to creep in now, the old familiars such as:

"I've worked hard to get rid of it, I need a treat"
"But it smells/looks so yummy and I'm a normal weight now"
"I'm only 9 stone 4 and I still hate the way I look so there's no point in bothering anymore" (dangerous one that)
"I seem to be staying the same at the moment, a little more won't hurt"
"But if I just eat ice-cream and have nothing else, it's fine"
"Oh I don't care, just give me spaghetti"
"I will never keep this off anyway"

Big sigh.

I really don't think I will ever keep weight off. Am I catostrophising??? x

Hun you are doing really well at maintaining your weight don't be so hard on yourself x and I know what you mean about the spaghetti yum :)

Jubbly, I had my first day of calorie counting today ! Epic fail :-( I was ok until around 7pm when the Doritos I found in the back of the cupboard came out ( giant bag - shared with hubby) these took me 700 cals over so I thought screw it and had a bowl of those new fruit filled shredded wheat ( divine by the way)

So I'm not doing too good and it's only day 1 :-( oh and I've put 2 lb of glycogen on already lol screw re feeding!!! Lol :-D

Jubbly I am soooo happy to see you have reached goal weight! A big congrats is long overdue! Don't ruin all your hard work, treat yourself in moderation! I would also echo using the gym if you are unhappy with your body as it is. Some toning and tightening may be what you are looking for. And I know you HATE the gym, but as a wise old dude once said - feel the fear, then do it anyway! Xx

Hey guys, thanks for the support. I'm not really at target as I reassessed the target and would still like to lose another 4-5 lbs ideally but for now I think it's time to just be a bit more relaxed about it. The last few lbs can wait. The trick is to stay at 9 stone 4 until then and not give up and get despondant!!! I never really have a proper refeeding plan (bad idea) as I did it once successfully and sort of try and replicate that but as I can not afford to cook stir fries every night this time round, I'm kind of improvising, with a variable result. I think the refeed plan just involves less rice/pasta/potatoes, curries and sandwiches and less chocolate. It seems to involve too much peanut butter and jam though??

In a deperate attempt to have more of a sense of humour about the whole body image thing I have named my rolls of fat Ray and Dennis :D. I have ordered a Pilates DVD and am going to start doing that with Boo in the lounge - a good start. AND I'm getting lovely walks with Taco every day :). I'm sure they do nothing for my weight loss as I don't even get puffed out but they are good for the soul!

Lil, sorry about the Doritos but at least you only had healthy Shredded Wheat afterwards to kind of cancel it out!! I am on Kellogs new Oaty Clusters (or whatever they are called) at the mo for brekkies with some yoghurt but despite their look and name, they are not healthy at all with tonnes of sugar in them!! Homemade soup for lunch but with a roll 'cos I just can't have soup without bread. TOTM this week so hopefully a STS and not a gain, fingers crossed. Keep up the good work everyone. Love and hugs x

Back