size102bs WW 'vs' Gastric Band fight.

Hello Glad you had a good time,when you said you had 2 no count days did you find you were more careful than before ww?
I understand 100% what you say regarding normal but I cant be like a normal person as Ive yoyoed too many times,I watched my mum lost 4 stone in a year 3 years ago on ww and quoted I have to stay on points every day at maintance as this is my normal now if I dont I will have a day off then fail.....
She 8 months kept at her weight doing 18 points a day and exercising as in walking and dancing then she had a few days off over the next few months and in the end she just didnt stck to it as she went back to her old normal habits.
I know I sound stressed at keeping on it 100% daily but Im not all I get annoyed is that some people are lucky to lose when they have days off plan and I lose slow,not blaming them good on them I know its my years of yoyo 'dieting' so my normal is plan sticking in points and saving points as I know how many times ive had days off in the past that continue even after I get back on plan and then I fall off badly.

I think we need to find a way for this to work long term like you are and you having days off is good as its working for you,I know that I have had days off in the past and I ALWAYS fail.

I do intend to have a relaxed day when Im at goal so I learn not to over eat like normal people do the thing with me is I over eat the wrong things on days off as I know in the past it was like permission to go mad and I cant do this again or it will be a gastric band.

My mum was the most detirmed women at goal swore blind she wouldnt do it again and wouldnt have a day off as she wouldnt get back on..
She regained her 4 stone with 7 lbs on top and shes now 60.

So I just wondered when you had a no count day did you find yourself more careful than preplan or just had what you wanted?

I know this is the only way it will work for me as 22 yoyoing years have taught me harshly how I easily stop.
I wish I could have days off ,I expect I will then its finding the umph again :rolleyes: xx

Days off plan - must admit didnt intend to do this. I did eat more than I intended to, but no where near a pre ww off plan day. Although I seem to be doing well I still know there is that part of me that is either on a diet or binging - no middle ground.

Weight loss/gain is such a complicated area. I will probably always have to count points like your mum. I would love to think I would learn enough along the way to say never again but not 100% confident - am getting there though and intend to do whatever I need to to learn enough coping skills that I never have to go through this again. me and you both eh?

I am lucky in that I dont get bothered about other peoples weight loss - cant say I really pay much attention to it. I am happy for people when they lose weight, but take no notice of the weekly amounts cos I know it would do more harm than good. I'm just grateful for any amount I lose and another no binge day.

Well after 2 lenghty posts - from me and you - have worn myself out. Hope all is well with you, am chilling and faffing about today. oh is grouting the tiles before putting in the new shower. Have a good one.

lol mmm normally id be offended BUT thanks,wish I was a big loser like some people here :eek:
Hows you saw your off plan? You ok? I did email you did you get it ?xx

email??? nope not recently, what address did you send it to??

Im ok, had a terrible week so i am trying to be good on kick start of 18points perday so i can be back on the rightious path of ww.:rolleyes:

email??? nope not recently, what address did you send it to??

Im ok, had a terrible week so i am trying to be good on kick start of 18points perday so i can be back on the rightious path of ww.:rolleyes:

oh you sent me one via here I replied to it with the email address you must of reg here? Odd.....I cant out it here as it wont let me.
Oh well done for quick start I did that 2 weeks ago to get more than a 1lb loss I did 1.5lbs :rolleyes: lol
I hope your ok xx

I am lucky in that I dont get bothered about other peoples weight loss - cant say I really pay much attention to it. I am happy for people when they lose weight, but take no notice of the weekly amounts cos I know it would do more harm than good. I'm just grateful for any amount I lose and another no binge day.

It sounded different to what I meant Im pleased for people too I just wonder how some people can lose 7lbs a week week in and out or 4-5lbs a week? Even on VLCD I only lost 3lbs lol just curious how we all lose so differently ,if I blipped out of plan Id gain I always do,so its not Im annoyed with them Im annoyed with my body :rolleyes:
But Im really pleased Since I started in 10 weeks 23lbs is good
Have a nice day x

I'm glad you're pleased, you should be, its a great weight loss. Bodies are strange things indeed - some a tad stranger than others.

Maybe who ever it was that said anything thats worth having is worth working at was right - still hoping for the magic pill that would let us wake up slim. I wonder if there was such a pill would I carry on stuffing myself or would I just get fed up of eating - very deep for this time if the night. Just as well I'll never know the answer and will keep on plodding anyway.

Hope all is well with you

PS I didnt mean it to sound as if I was talking about you not been pleased for other people. I was just waffling on about how I cope. Sorry if I have offended you it wasnt meant that way.

Last edited:
Hi Im havent been here much just briefly to post my pic.
Well done Vanda great loss you do really well really glad its going for you :D

I had my mirena coil removed last monday after 5 years with no monthly for 4.5 years and I had one saturday :( from thur to sunday Id lost 1.5lbs and this morning I gained .5lbs over night lol :confused: so I lost 1lb this week 24lbs in 11 weeks so got my 10% :D,am thinking it may be the coil etc will see if I lose next Monday.

Today I did 4 hours painting am doing it all week helping someone big rooms so extra exercise .......

That pill sounds great Ill buy it when you make it :)

Hope your well ,youve lost alot havent you 23lbs since restart wow :) xx

I lost 1lb this week 24lbs in 11 weeks so got my 10% :D,

Well done hun!! Thats brilliant. Thought i had reached my 10% this week but seeing yours - i must have got confused - i'm only 9lbs down!!!:eek:

Well done hun!! Thats brilliant. Thought i had reached my 10% this week but seeing yours - i must have got confused - i'm only 9lbs down!!!:eek:

ah 10% is your lbs in weight so I was 242lbs so 24lbs is 10%
Well done on 9lbs soon be your 1st stone gone for gooooood :) xx

Back