SKY!!!

Safia

Gold Member
Don't know why I ever joined sky. All they have given me is shoddy customer service and a shoddy phone and broadband service. Only yesterday i was told i cant cancel it but today i was told i can after paying for the rest of the contract! When i moved house they messed everything up and i didnt get my phoneline and broadband for over 6 weeks and the only compensation i got was a measly £10 credit despite spending way more than that in phone booths trying to contact them as they dont have a free phone number. Just counting my months down untill i can cancel them as i would rather pay more to BT for a better service. Sorry rant over x

Don't know why I ever joined sky. All they have given me is shoddy customer service and a shoddy phone and broadband service. Only yesterday i was told i cant cancel it but today i was told i can after paying for the rest of the contract! When i moved house they messed everything up and i didnt get my phoneline and broadband for over 6 weeks and the only compensation i got was a measly £10 credit despite spending way more than that in phone booths trying to contact them as they dont have a free phone number. Just counting my months down untill i can cancel them as i would rather pay more to BT for a better service. Sorry rant over x

You could be my sister talking....................... she has been off either the phone or the computer more time than she has been on !!!!

I quite like Sky never have any trouble with them at all ...customer services are really good with me ... but BT wow they are the ones I have problems with ...

We were with BT before and they really were excellent. Sky broadband is a joke because my o2 broadband at less speed worked better and the telephone service is just as bad. We are having random people calling us again and again and told Sky to change it, they eventually said they will change it but dont know how long it will take!

I have never had any problems with Sky. Huge probs with BT and NTL (though they don't exist anymore). Currently on Talk Talk for phone and broadband and I won't have a bad word said about them, my home phone has NEVER been cheaper- and I call home a LOT!

We're looking to move from BT to Sky! BT keep slowing our broadband, even though they claim they don't on our particular package. We call them to find out why & they arrange an engineer.. But then 3-4 days later of no internet, the problem is suddenly fixed! Luckily we remember to cancel the engineer or that'd be £90 we'd have to shell out. Hmph.

Sky.....hahaha!

I have everything with them. At my last place they sent an engineer out to fit a line, then mucked me about for...oooh....12 weeks, then sent the same engineer out to fit a line - I don't know who was more confused, me or him! I work from home, so for all that time I had to muck about with a dongle connection. They finally connected me, and I moved home :eek:. They swapped the TV over the very next day, but I was waiting about 10 weeks for them to sort out the broadband AGAIN, as my order had gone through to the wrong desk or something like that. Sorted it now, and I found their customer service excellent - really disliked Orange customer service, it was blummin' awful.

Not that impressed that Sky have put their line rental up £1 though, their calls up 1p-2p, and I'm sure the Sky TV package will creep up soon, but I guess you get that with all companies.

Hope your time to cancellation doesn't drag too much for you :(

Are you within the minimum initial contract period, or did you add a service on which put you in a new contract?

If its the later then phone them back up and say you were never told that you would be extending your contract if you added a new service. When they say that you would have been told when you sign up you say the below

And you can prove that i was advised that?
Answer: yes - we record all our calls
Your response: okay - i'll wait whilst you retrieve the recording and play it back to me.

They don't record all calls, so are unlikely to be able to prove it.

Finally, you can reduce your package to the lowest amount and just stop using the service.

We are still on min contract but the phone and broadband has been extended by three months so in feb when my sky year is up i think i will tell them to cancel phone and broadband as they never told me it will be a new donntract. For phone i will go back to BT but broadband will probably be with o2 who we were with before and who provided an excellent service x

I don't really have problems with Sky as such - I've got the whole shebang with them. However I'm still paying too much for broadband - they promised me £5 per month 3 yrs ago .... I just had to wait for BT to upgrade the exchange!
I've had letters since last September saying it's nearly done but a very recent call to their call centre (now free at least) advised that our area still isn't completed.

I fell out with BT when they wanted to up my DD from £11 a month to £25 :eek:. I only had line rental from them with calls from Talk Talk so couldn't see how they could justify the big increase and they wouldn't see sense so I moved to Sky.

I think by the looks of it we have been very lucky with BT they did increase their dd from i think it was 17 to 19 pounds but that was fine. I am now paying less with sky but calls that i need to do for example to tax credits are free with bt on their anytime package but arent free on sky anytime package so in reality there are some months where i can more than i paid bt. The staff in sky overall are very nice but they have no power to do anything apart from answer the phone and write everything down on a email and pass it back to another department with more power which is why it took so long for our new line and broadband to set up x

I absolutely hate Sky customer service. If it wasn't for the fact that for me personally, they provide the best satellite tv package, I'd have told them to F*** off a long time ago.

On the phone to sky customer service about two years ago was the one and only time in my life I've had to utter the immortal words 'i want to speak to your manager'

I had NEVER been so insulted in my life by someone in the 'customer service' profession!!

I had all sorts of problems with both o2 & bt - am actually happy with sky! Half the price of either of the others & very fast service.

The customer service people have always been really nice i've phoned, and even when i had an issue a few weeks ago the techies were good too!

I had no end of problems with sky broadband and their customer service is shocking, coupled with an 0870 phone number (don't know if it still is).
They kept promising the "free" broadband would be with us in a couple of months, 6 months, 12 months etc etc and it never happened.
Our broadband was always dropping out, we had about 3 routers and I spent a small fortune on phone calls to them.

Moved to BT - never had one problem and their phone number to customer services is free.

We are still with sky for TV, although this is for hubby - I begrudge paying £25 a month when we have freeview/freesat!!

There are at least four freefone numbers for Sky - anyone want them please send PM as not sure am able to put them on here.

I have been with both Sky and Virgin a couple of times each.

Virgin have it for me because of their superb cable broadband. Both lots of customer service have good and bad points. Trouble with this country is they are the only two main providers. In other countries, especially USA there are better and therefore cheaper options.

Back