Sleek_Chick's diary

Thanks Bob, your losses are fabulous. Well done on getting in the 12s. I agree, NSVs are definitely much better.

I just measured my waist and it is 35 inches. I have no idea what I started at, but I am quite pleased. When I was 10.7, my waist was around 29 inches. My body shape does seem to have changed, compared to my first time on a VLCD; my waist is narrower than before, but the dreaded thunder thighs! I will take the thighs over a belly, any day though :p

On another note, I have found a personal trainer, who is actually a bodybuilder! Hoping to start lifting weights in January; I am excited. I have wanted to strength train for years and feel it is the only thing which will make me find peace with my body. I remember getting down to 10.7 and absolutely hating my body; I looked fine in clothes, but out of them - that was another story. They say lift heavy to look good naked, so we will see.

Last edited:
Probably a bit too late for me! I don't think I'll ever look good naked again!
Well done on your weight loss.
Don't you fancy criminal law?

Thank you! It's never too late, Lynne :) Criminal law, although interesting, can be absolutely horrific; I don't think I have the stomach for it. There have been lots of cuts to Legal Aid, which is used to fund criminal law cases, so a career in criminal law is no longer a viable option.

It's really weird how TS can just become a routine. I rarely think about food and hardly ever feel hungry. I wish I could show the same restraint when it comes to normal eating. I am really not sure how to approach maintenance; I still have a while to go, but it is always good to plan ahead. I definitely know I want to join the gym and will adopt an unprocessed diet; I am not going to cut out carbs in entirety, but will make sure I have one meal a day without them. I just have no self-control when it comes to cakes, crisps, chocolate and biscuits; I don't have them in the house, luckily, but maybe I will dedicate one day a month where I can have one of those items. I am really extreme; all or nothing. I would rather have none than a few squares.

I was a bit disappointed, as I do feel I have been losing quite slowly, but I am losing and that is the main thing. I feel much better, my clothes are looser. Plus, my BMI has gone from almost 36 to 31.7.

I don't think you're losing slowly at all!! You're doing really well and well done on your loss this week.

Thanks, Cate! You are right; I know I could not have lost that amount of weight on any other diet. I was having the same conversation with my mum and it really put things into perspective. I guess I just have unrealistically high expectations of a VLCD; I know the weight didn't go on overnight, but I can't help but wish it would all disappear overnight:) But, I am just really grateful for Exante; as weird as it sounds, despite having a long way to go, I don't feel huge. I cannot explain it. I remember feeling fat at 11 stone! It is amazing how our perspective changes.

1lb down since Thursday; really hoping for another 2 lbs by next week. I bought the most amazing water bottle - it holds 2.2 litres of water and is so easy to carry. It also makes drinking water so much easier - 2 of those and I am done for today. Hope everyone has a great day.

Still 100% TS. I have found it easier than I expected, but I did have cravings for food at the weekend.

I have been feeling quite low this week. A few weeks back, I visited my GP and complained of memory loss and tiredness; I noticed that I struggled with remembering to spell some time ago, probably 10 months or so, but put it down to lack of sleep and stress. I had multiple blood tests, but everything came back fine. She said it was quite likely that the problems I had been experiencing with my memory was caused by anxiety. I agreed, as I had a lot of exams and was under quite a lot of pressure. However, since finishing with all my exams, these problems are still persisting. When I say memory loss, I should mention that I have no problem recalling what I did the night before or remembering names, but I am forgetting to spell really simple words and sometimes the wrong words come out of my mouth. Even reading is becoming much more of a chore. I used to pride myself in being a really good at spelling and writing, but lately my mind feels blank. I am really concerned as I start a new job in September, which requires a great deal of mental ability.

I have spoken to a few people and they say it could just be an over-reliance on spell check and that I am being melodramatic, but I really don't think so. I have been using computers for years and have never experienced such problems. Given that I am still in my early twenties, I really don't think it is normal. Sorry for such a depressing post, but I am so frustrated at the moment. I am going to book an appointment.

Where's your water bottle from? I could do with one so I know I'm drinking enough.

I think you've done the right thing getting a docs appointment. And don't be fobbed off. You know there's something not right so make sure you get it looked into properly.

Hey Sleek Chick

just been reading your diary and wanted to say hi. i started yesterday at a similar start weight and found your story so inspiring. its great to see what you've done and given me hope that i could do it too

wow, you're in the 14's, thats all i've been dreaming of at the moment, hope i can do as well as you too

Thanks Cate. The bottle is from Amazon; it is cheaper to order it from the US site. It is called Enviro 2.2 Litre bottle; it's really handy.

Thanks Susysu, that is very kind of you! I am sure you will be in 14s quicker than you know it!

Still plodding along with Exante; managed to lose 3.2lbs last week and 2.6lbs so far this week. I weighed 14:0.6 this morning - I really hope I can make it into the 13s by Thursday. I start my new job really soon, so I need to go shopping for some bits and pieces soon. I really want to continue with Exante, but I will probably move up to WS for the first few weeks, until I get settled into the job. There are lots of events, so I know it will be difficult to stick with TS without arousing suspicion. I will not be eating carbohydrates, however, and will be making good choices.

My mum has started the 5:2 diet. She is a healthy weight - she only weighs around 10.7 stone and has maintained a 4 stone loss for years. She noticed she was eating a lot more sugar/junk and decided to use the diet as a means to regain some control. She successfully completed her first fast day yesterday, bless her.

Last edited:
Hey, Sleek chick!

Have just read up on your diary... You have done brilliantly with you weight loss to date!

Inspiration to us all to stick at it!

Will defo be following xx

Have a good day x

Thanks, CrazyLady! That is very kind of you to say! I hope today is going well for you :) xxx

So, it is weigh-in day and I have lost 3.4lbs! I am so happy - that brings me just into the 13s! I feel as though I was in the 14s for ages, so it is nice to move down another stone bracket. I am so close to having an overweight BMI, as well! I still feel huge, but I am so glad that I am not in the 16s anymore. It feels so good. I also have less than 3 stone to go, which should be achievable by Christmas. Once I get to 11 stone, I will re-evaluate. Ideally, I would like to maintain between 10st10lbs and 11st. Having been 10st5lb before and looking at the pictures, I do feel I looked too thin. My collarbones are quite prominent, so when I got down to 10st7lbs, they were really noticeable.

Have a good day everyone!

0.6lbs down today - it seems my perseverance paid off, as last night I was really craving a baguette! I decided that it wasn't worth it now and may possibly lead me down a rocky path, so I resisted.

I just realised I only need to lose albs to have an overweight BMI. It doesn't seem that much! Looking forward to having an overweight BMI and reaching the mid 13s.

Last edited:
1.2lbs down overnight. Never usually get whooshes. Really glad it is a bank holiday, as I started a thorough clean of the house, which I will continue today. I must admit is quite therapeutic.

Ordered some Exante products, including the carbonara and some bars. The standard-flavoured shakes are up to £130.00 - has anyone noticed that? I usually only drink the Vanilla shakes, but decided against ordering them, as I paid half of that last time.

It's really quiet in here.

0.8lbs down again this morning - really pleased about that. I had a lovely, quiet day yesterday and managed to progress with cleaning. Still quite a bit to do, but I will tackle the rest next weekend. I even went for a walk in the evening in the rain. Usually, I would have stayed in, but I have a Garmin Vivofit and couldn't believe I had only managed under 500 steps for the day. Managed to walk around 7000 steps, before returning home.

Diet-wise, everything is going well. However, I am meant to be going for drinks at the weekend with some friends. I would prefer to stick to sparkling water, but I haven't seen them in a while. I am not a big drinker, but given that I am only on 600 calories a day, I know that I would need to eat something first. I was thinking about low carbing for the day and then going for drinks. We will see.

Back