Sleek_Chick's diary

Another loss is brilliant. The 1st week on this diet makes me very happy :D.

My daughter keeps telling me to go & get my eyebrows threaded, I still use tweezers every now & then.

Have you got much to return x

Thanks Susie! The first week definitely helps to spur you on. I try and get my eyebrows threaded frequently - it really makes a huge difference to your face. My face always looks much brighter (they thread the area surrounding your eyebrows too) and the shape is much more precise. Depending on where you go, it can cost up to £25, but I have found an amazing place which charges £5. Getting your eyebrows threaded is not painful, but I also get my upper lip done and that is rather painful. I tweeze any stray hairs in the interval between threading.

I had to return around 4 items - a pair of boots and some tops as I did not like they way they fitted. Luckily, I managed to avoid the crowds!

Day 4
Start weight: 14st4lbs
Current weight: 13st10.8lbs
Total weight loss: 7.2lbs

Another 100% day yesterday. My friend has just told us of her plans for her birthday next week. We are meant to be going to a Mexican restaurant and then a bar afterwards. Luckily, it is the day after weigh in, so I have a full week to mitigate any damage. Having said that, I have looked at the website and picked out my choice. I think I will have steak or chicken salad; the salad is served in a tortilla bowl but I will ask them to omit that. I know that I will be tempted if it is on my plate! I will stick to sparking water. That should be easy, as I can just pretend I am partaking in dry January.

Last edited:
Wow SC you're doing amazingly well! I could do with that week 1 boost too! Hope you have a good day today.

Well done on another successful day.
Good planning regarding your meal out sleek. The main thing is to get back on track straight away and as you say you have a week till the next WI so you could still see a loss if you are really really good x

Day 4
Current weight: 13st9.8lbs
Total loss: 8.2lbs

Another 1lb off overnight. Would be nice to reach 13st7lbs by Thursday, but I am happy with what I have achieved. Will catch up with diaries later! xx

Day 4 Start weight: 14st4lbs Current weight: 13st9.8lbs Total loss: 8.2lbs Another 1lb off overnight. Would be nice to reach 13st7lbs by Thursday, but I am happy with what I have achieved. Will catch up with diaries later! xx

Well done, such fabulous losses already!

Have a wonderful Monday. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Moving down nicely Sleek x

Day 5
Current weight: 13st9.0lbs
Total loss: 9lbs

0.8lbs off overnight and two more weigh ins!

Looks like you are going to have an absolutely fantastic week 1 loss Sleek! :D

Wow your doing really well, hope I get a good result in Monday. Today is my day 2. Keep up the good work x

Need to loose 6st to be healthy weight. Starting 05.01.15
Week 1 -
Week 2 -
Week 3 -
Week 4 -

Well done sleek_chick you are going to have an amazing first week, my weigh ins are on Thursday's too hope I can follow your example x

Still going strong Sleek, well done x

Thanks Sheridan, Jane, Susie and Tess!

I hope you are well. Didn't get the chance to post last night, as a I had an appointment with my GP in the evening and ended up waiting 40 minutes to be seen. By the time I came in, I was so tired and went to bed. I have been experiencing pains in my joints on and off for years, but never thought anything of it. Since last year, I noticed that I was starting to suffer from brain fog and I was so fatigued, no matter how much sleep I got. My Dr ran some tests as I informed her there was a history of Lupus in my family, and one of the tests was positive for antibodies which suggests there is some inflammation and is common in those with Lupus. I am being referred to a Rheumatologist, who will be able to confirm whether it is Lupus.

I feel much more hopeful, and much better. It is nice to be taken seriously, especially when you feel something isn't right.

I hope you all have a great day.

Day 6
Current weight: 13st8.6lbs
Total loss: 9.4lbs

0.4lbs off for me today, so it is slowing down but my BMI is back in the overweight category!

That sound terrible but glad your gonna get it sorted out! Tess x

Need to loose 6st to be healthy weight. Starting 05.01.15
Week 1 -
Week 2 -
Week 3 -
Week 4 -

I hope you feel better soon, in a strange way it feels a relief when you know yourself things aren't right and they can get to the bottom of it so they can get on and treat it quicker. Well done on another loss official weigh in tomorrow fingers crossed for another x

It is nice when your symptoms are taken seriously. one of my 1st assignments when I first went into nursing many years ago was to research Lupus. Wasn't much information on it then but a lot more is known about it now. Hope you get a diagnosis soon so that you can start getting the right treatment x

Thanks Tess, I must say I am very relieved if anything! I hope they can give me some answers!

Thanks Jane - it really is! I feel so much better already. My symptoms aren't the worst, but I don't feel as well as I used to. I'm just so tired, even on 8 hours sleep. At least I will get the help I need.

Thanks Susie. I didn't know much about Lupus until my aunt was diagnosed with it. It hasn't affected her so much, but I know it can be devastating.

Tomorrow is officially weigh in! I am feeling so good and pleased! I cannot wait until I start feeling slimmer. Mexican restaurant on Saturday, but I am sticking to a salad. Then I have a clean streak until February. Feeling very optimistic. By Easter I could be in the 11s. I just need to take each day as it comes and not go crazy if I have any social events.

Day 7
Current weight: 13st8.0lbs
Total loss: 10lbs

Weigh in and I am down 10lbs! I am very pleased. My next goal is to get back to my 3 stone loss. I am going to a concert on 20th February and would love to be at least 12st7lb by then. If I stay on track then I think that will be achievable.

I am off out on Saturday - will stick to a salad and sparkling water where possible. I definitely will stick to low calorie alcohol drinks if I have to drink and limit myself to 2. Given that it is Saturday, it will give me time to lose any gain. I will then have a clean run until 7th February! xxx

Back