Slightly disappointed

zee1988

I ordered a trial week supply from slim and save yesturday.
I guess I didnt investigate quite enough as when I received the pack today (quick postage in this weather WOW) I was a bit dismayed to find all the food is in powder/dehydrated form.
I will persevere with it for the week (this last week I have been using the Weight 2 Go products) but I usually heat up my food at home and take it to work in a thermos and I dont see it being quite so easy to make up the meals at work.
I am going to have to rethink my options over this next week.

All the packs are dead easy to make up. Do you have a kettle at work? The soups are just like any other packet soup, pour in the water and stir - and they are all really lovely. You get amazing results with S&S - honestly :)

I just tried the spagetti for lunch.
It was horrible.
I see why you have to drink 2-3 litres of water a day on this diet - its to wash the tast of the "food" away.
I managed to force done the full serving but I will be using weight 2 Go stuff for the rest of my day.
I'll attempt one of the other flavours tomorrow.
Im hoping the shakes are at atleast nice.

I've read on here some people bought a little battery operated milk frother from Ikea to help mixing shake & soups. I'm only on day 10 & I've lost 12lbs & 18". Give it a go & I'm sure u'll luv it x

I love the packs! There are a couple that I don't like but they're far better than any other diet products I've ever had, especially the meals like chili and spaghetti. What did you think they were like when you ordered them, pre-made? If you dislike it all that much, see if you can sell it on to someone or something.

Aw that's a shame u don't like the packs. I love them. I have my favourites with only a couple of ok's. I love them even more having lost 12lbs on my 1st week :)
Good luck with whatever plan u choose x

I find the spaghetti a little bland, but just add some Tobasco to spice it up!

Also the Chilli is very nice.

Can you mix and match with the other diet products you mentioned? You can then try a few and see if you have favourites.

Good luck!

I think I'm lucky that I love most of the packs, not really a shake person so don't tend to order many! please bear in mind zee that slim and save is a very low calorie diet unlike weight to go so you will see a big difference in the packs and the calories!

So what is Weigh 2 Go? is that another VLCD or is it like a Diet Chef type thing?

Like Diet Chef but around 800 calories I think. Expensive too!

The tips to the meal packs is to use less water than they suggest so its not watery. For the spag bog i put in mixed herbs. cottage pie gets worchester sauce splashed in and mixed herbs. helps if you also use your veg allowance as it bulks it out. I make mine in micro at work. Its hard at first but stick with it for a week full on and see how it goes

I love the packs! There are a couple that I don't like but they're far better than any other diet products I've ever had, especially the meals like chili and spaghetti. What did you think they were like when you ordered them, pre-made? If you dislike it all that much, see if you can sell it on to someone or something.

Yes, the Weight 2 Go ones are.
I'll try one of the shakes tonight and I'll try one of the main meals again tomorrow but I dont hold much hope.

I find with all the food pack that adding boiled water to them and let them stand for a good ten mins before zapping them, makes them "fuller" better texture x

Yes, the Weight 2 Go ones are.
I'll try one of the shakes tonight and I'll try one of the main meals again tomorrow but I dont hold much hope.
you sound like your looking for an excuse to throw the towel in before you have even given them a try

You are combining two completely different diet plans. Weight 2 Go is not a VLCD, it is more like Diet Chef in that it provides you with food packs which need to be heated (but not mixed with water). It provides 850 calories a day but is not low carb and so you won't go into ketosis. SnS provides around 600 calories a day and is low carb, which means that you go into ketosis. Choose whichever one you prefer but there's no point combining them - you don't know whether you're getting the right nutrition and there's nothing to be gained by combining.

you sound like your looking for an excuse to throw the towel in before you have even given them a try
No, I'm not. I only bought the trial week of SnS to give the plan a trial. I wasnt fully decided on it. If I decide not to do it it does not mean I have "found an excuse to throw the towel in"!
I'm just wont be spending the next 12 months eating food I find disgusting.
If I find I dont like all the packs this week I will use the Weight 2 Go plan - simples.

And I dont think I want ketosis anyway - nutritionists I have spoke to say its dangerous. But SnS was a bit cheaper so I was willing to give it a try.

If you don't like it then don't do it, simple really.

Ketosis is safe, if done properly.. and is very beneficial for long term success.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Back