slim abuse

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by mrtc, 20 October 2011 Social URL.

1. mrtc

mrtc Full Member

I have a strange issue, when i was young and slim i used to get random strangers mostly teenage girls shout abuse from time to time, then i put on 50 pounds and never got anyone shouting at me.

Ive lost nearly 30 pounds, and have noticed a few girls, shouting abuse at me, its so weird, how come people only shout at me when im slimmer.

Yesterday, i was just walking across a carpark, when a group of teenage girls shouted, "hey gay boy, aww whats up, missing your mother" there was some swearing also but im not repeating what they swore.

I dont go out looking for trouble, i used to walk with my head down but now i just walk normal, anyone got any idea why i seem to get shouted at for no reason?

Last edited: 20 October 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sukie sue

sukie sue this is My time to shine!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(20.54%)
    Diet:
    lighter life /slim and save
    you know what hun , people are just plain horrid sometimes. not particularly helpfull i know , but i do think that the bigger you are the more ''invisible''you become , especially to the young and feckless. perhaps now you are loosing weight you are no longer flying below thier radar , i would just say , shrug it off ( hard i know ) put your hear high, shoulders back and throw them a withering look , no words , just look at them with derision then chuckle to yourself at thier idiocy and insecurities. you will throw them :0) teenagers en masse can be all gobby and agressive but stand up for yourself on a different plane and they have no idea what to do with it :0D

4. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    well they sound like gobby brats...

dont take notice what anyone says like that, they are just out looking for trouble!

5. mrtc

mrtc Full Member

Been talking about this with my work friends and they. Think i should try and walk more manly and stop wearing pink t shirts, gunna give that a go, cheers for the replies

6. JLStretton

JLStretton Choose Life.

Start Weight:
    34st4lb
    Current Weight:
    32st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(4.17%)
    Diet:
    Healthier eating - Exercise
    Sod that, don't change the way you live your life because of others.

7. happypear

happypear Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.85%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting (formerly WW PP)
    Idiots look for an easy target and I always think I've probably escaped some abuse because the size of me (I'm large built and tall as well as being a chunk) makes people think twice that you can do them some physical harm if they approach you.

Pathetic little individuals will always find something to be horrible about no matter how you look/dress/behave. Unfortunately they aren't bright enough to grasp the irony of people as mundane and insignificant as them passing comment on others.

Some fool shouted "lesbian" at me as I walked past him with my girlfriend the other week. I was like, "no s**t mate, with such stunning dectective skills its surprising you're such an unemployed loser" :rolleyes:. I'm sure I could grow my hair long, get the fake tan and false eyelashes out to avoid idiot men passing comment on me, but I'm fabulous as I am and I'm sure you are too :D.

Lynn8124 likes this.
  8. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    I think most of the time people who pick on others are insecure about themselves. dont change just to suit others, as the other male poster said.

9. mrtc

mrtc Full Member

THanks everyone, im gunna try and just be myself, im going to try and walk in abit more of a confident way

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.