Slimming for my wedding :-)

Yeah they are sending me another one. Which is good of them.

Well day five today. Just had a caramel shake, which was nice.

Weighed this morning and now 8.5lbs down! I am thrilled! It makes it worth it just seeing a smaller number on the scales. And it really isn't that hard. I feel like weight watchers was harder as I had to weigh and measure everything, had to walk round the supermarket and have willpower and discipline to not over eat and snack. I will have all that hard work to come when I stop doing this but it's a nice break and at least I will have the weight off when I am struggling with discipline so that's half the battle gone.

I had a banging headache yesterday, feeling better this morning. Don't know if I am in ketosis yet though. :-S

have a good day everyone :)

WOW! That's brilliant in just 4 days! I bet you're SO pleased, and what a great motivator! :)

I needed to do this, as I just can't be trusted around food! I managed to lose 10lbs from Jan to mid-Feb, but then just stopped at that. I'd have say, 1,000 cals, then in the evening think to myself, 'I've only had 1,000 cals, I'll have a box of maltesers' - so there goes another 500 cals, and fat/carb cals are harder to shift than protein cals!
That's when I decided to do something drastic, and I am so glad I did!

From what you said about feeling shaky, and a headache, I reckon you're definitely in ketosis now, you should be one day 5. I was like that too, but all symptoms gone now :)
Pushing through the first couple of weeks is the tough bit, after that it becomes easier as your body adjusts. You'll do it, I can tell you have determination!

Have a great day lovely! xxx

And my extra meal has just arrived in the post! Wow, that was quick! It's a cottage pie too, which I was saying to my OH, I hope they send me cottage pie as I wasn't sure about it and want to try it again! Haha

RESULT!!

Yep, so far, I've found their customer service is second to none! Can't fault them!!

xxx

No movement in the scales this morning. It wanted to say another 0.5lb off but sts. Not that I am bothered at all. I am thrilled so far. If I lose no more I shall be happy with 8.5!!

Im off to work for the morning /afternoon. Taking oatmeal for breakfast, I hope I like it more that sweet porridge (burgh)!! Got a hazelnut shake too for lunch.

Have a great day everyone :)

I didn't lose the morning after day 5, then went on to lose another 5lbs, so don't be disheartened, you'll lose more!

I love the Oatmeal - it's sweeter than the Porridge. Doesn't taste like diet food, in my opinion! Then again, nothing has yet!
Love the hazelnut shake too, didn't think I would!!

Have a fab day!! :) xxx

Oh dear! I hated oatmeal. I had to leave half as I was heaving after every mouthful. Luckily I didn't order anymore in my month order. I did like the hazelnut shake, but I've only ordered another one of them. Ah well.

Hope you are ok. :)

I'm good thanks!

Sorry to hear you didn't like either of the breakfasts - that's a shame. I didn't order any hazelnut shakes as I'd not had a chance to try it before I had to place my new order - I was sure I wouldn't like it! That's a blooper because I love it, one of my favourites!
Ah well, there'll be plenty in my next order!

I was only going to do this diet until mid-April, mainly because of the expense, but to get to goal, and maintain, I am going to have to do it for longer, then wean back slowly on to a normal diet, else I know for sure all this hard work and money will have been for nothing, and I'm not doing that! :)
I think one more month's supply will give me enough to get there, leaving me enough packs left over to do a really slow re-feed, and maintenance.
No way am I throwing my hard work away!

How's your day been?

xxx

It's been good. I have had a rumbly tummy today but not overly hungry. I can't face a meal pack today, think the oatmeal has put me off. I was meant to be trying mushroom pasta. I've had my dark choc truffa bar which was yummy. I will decide later if I want a meal or a shake.

I think we are saving so much money in our house with this diet. We were spending easily £80-£100 a week on food shop and then having take always most nights (have McDonald's 5 mins walk from our house!!) which was costing us a fortune! Yep, we are quids in I think. OH is having the same money I spend to buy his food and is dieting too, he's having mostly meat and veg as he loves meat. He calls it his man diet!

I'm off work for 4 days now, a bit worried about a family do that is on Saturday. It's my baby bros naming day and the family are all going to my parents to have a buffet after. I've not told my family as I don't think they would understand. I think I am going to have to be "poorly" and not eat anything. Hmm.

I've been hungry today too, though it's nothing like it was for the first few days!

That's good! Boy I could murder a Mac D!! ;) I'll have treats when I start eating normally again, but not over do it!!
Hubby is saving money as he pays for the food shop whilst I'm still on maternity leave, so I don't usually have to pay anything. Money is tight for me at present, so I really had to have a good look in to my finances before I decided to splash out!
I also have days where I have 3 packs, plus one low carb/high protein meal - trying to make my packs go further, and you lose the same weight regardless :)

Man diet, ha!! Love it! Hubby is doing the same - it infuriates me that he can drop half a stone and eats really well, aarrgghhh!!

If you stick to meats, eggs, and salad, you'll be fine. I went out in my second week for an Indian - I stuck to dry meats - chicken Tikka and Tandoori with boiled spinach and green chilli's - didn't affect me at all! And it really filled me up!

It's nice you've got 4 days off - Nurses work long hours!!

xxx

See I would have meats eggs and salads, except my family are all about the breads, cheese and cakes!! Haha. Oh well, I shall see what happens. I'm going to enjoy my days off, two are actual days off and the other two are annual leaves. I've just done a stint of 8 days on so I am shattered!!

We have pet rats and have just taken them up to the spare room to have free range time so that was a really good distraction. I'm wondering if I am in ketosis as I'm really not particularly hungry and the thought of eating anything is yak! Got a nice big glass of water and that will do me thanks! Think it will be a shake before bed.

How much longer do you have on maternity leave? How old is your little one? I can't wait to get married and finally start a family! We have been together 10 years when we get married and have wanted children for a long time! I'm so broody!

Oh well, I hope there's something there for you. If not, take something of your own - you can tell them you're being careful, you don't have to tell them about this diet.
Temptation is so hard, it'll be better if you take something for yourself than to watch everyone else tucking in and you having to go without.

Blimey, I bet you are! That's a looooong shift!!! I really hope you enjoy your days off :)

You will be in ketosis by now, I am almost certain of that, especially if you're not hungry. You'll do excellently this week for sure! :)

Well, I work for hubby, so I've not really been on leave as such, but I've decided I want to work outside the home. I want to do photography, so am going to look in to going freelance. I can work weekends and evenings, so I don't miss too much time with LO :)

He's just 10 months old, I'm not ready to leave him for long just yet, but I want to put something in place for when he's a little older and going to nursery - If I start part time now, I will hopefully have established a small business by then! That's the plan any way!!

Awww, do you know what? It's the best thing in the world! I wasn't really maternal, but now I have Max, I can't imagine life without him, and are hoping for a little brother or sister for him in the very near future - another reason to do this diet - so I don't have so much to lose after new baby is born!
Then no doubt, I'll be back on it, lol!!

In the meantime, do you want to borrow Max? He's being a monster at the minute, lol!!

xxx

Haha! I don't need to borrow Max! I have my own two tiny brothers who are monsters! Lol

Well another good day is almost behind me, I also had my month delivery today. Although I worry that I have ordered too many meal packs and not enough shakes. But I will re-evaluate in two weeks and do another months order with more shakes in to compensate if I need too.

I weigh in tomorrow! I'm excited. :)

Morning!! :)

You have two of them? Eek, I am trying to imagine what it will be like with two to look after, and I can't lol!! I'm run ragged now!

I think I did the same, I don't think I thought my order through properly, so will be doing the same :)

So, what's your weight loss this week? Excited to know!
Remember to measure too - I lose 12" all over in the first week!

xxx

I've lost 10lbs this week!! Woop! I am so so pleased.

Hopefully next week I will get back into the 12 stone range. That would be amazing.

Got a busy day today, got to get an outfit for tomorrow and we are giving our notices at the registrars too. So it will be shakes on the go today.

Hope you have a good day :)

WOW, that's FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should lose something this next week, so you'll def be in the 12's!
I was 13st 8lbs in November - I managed to get down to 12st 6lbs with healthier eating (though did have takeaways and treats till!) and exercise. Then started this diet and lost 13.5lbs in 2 weeks and 3 days!!!

Sounds like you have a busy day, enjoy!

Thanks, taking Max to a big play area so he can cause trouble in there instead of at home, lol!!

WELL DONE AGAIN!!!

xxx

Well there is no way I will stray off plan today. Just weighed myself and I've now snuck into the 12's!! Yippee. Hopefully I can stay there for next weigh in.
I managed to find an outfit yesterday, not amazing, but it's a nice jumper I will be wearing with my jeans and red wedges. I fell in love with a handbag at Clarks and so OH treated me to it with his work bonus! There was 20% off handbags so we couldn't say no! Haha!

I already feel so much more confident and I've only just begun!

I must admit I was starving yesterday, but we were in town half the day and did alot of walking and had to power walk to get to the register office on time so I think it was the extra exercise. I didn't stray though, I just went to bed early!!

Hope you have a good day Nat, hope you are feeling better, I quickly read your diary last night and im
100% on your side there! Xx

Morning lovely! :)

WOWWEEEE! That's just brilliant news! Doesn't it feel great when you see you go down in to a lower stone area?! Best feeling ever!! Well done! :D
You'll definitely stay there, no way will you go back up, it's impossible!! Unless your TOTM is due, which I found happened to me, but I soon lost it again, it was only water retention!!

Yay! You deserve a treat! I am a handbag and shoe fiend, trouble is, I can't afford this habit any more with LO now here, so I'll have to make sure I give TLC to the ones I have, lol!

And well done for not straying! I've found if I am extra hungry, a bowl of salad or a boiled egg helps. Doesn't send me over on cals or carbs, and I think carbs are the key - even S&S said that to me when I was concerned about going out for an Indian last week!

Thank you, I'm okay - OH's family are posting stuff on FB which I know is aimed at me. Not very nice, esp as hubby won't talk about it any more. Still, they want war, they've got it, lol!!
Shame they haven't got the guts to say it to my face. Can't stand two-faced people! If I have something to say, I say it. I've only been keeping my mouth shut for hubby's sake, but if this carries on, they're going to know about it big time, I'm not putting up with their pathetic cr-ap any more!! ;)

Thank you my lovely, it's good to know I'm not alone in this and that people understand. It helps to know all this isn't MY fault!

Hope you have a GREAT day, and well done again on your losses!! :D xxx

Oh my gosh I am so starving. I could eat anything right now :-(

I was too - I gave in and had an extra boiled egg and some chicken tikka pieces, so I'm over on cals but not on carbs. That's what I'm watching, the carbs.
And I've decided, once a week, whilst keeping my carbs very low, I'm going over 1,000 cals to trick my body out of starvation mode.
I've been reading a lot about it and it can actually aid weight loss, as not only does it trick the body out of starvation mode, it boosts the metabolism, and will make the re-feed easier.
Going to try it for a couple of weeks to see what results I come up with - everything I've read says it's a good way to go, so fingers crossed!
Do you like eggs? Just boil an egg and have that - only 0.5g of carbs in one egg. It will not affect your losses in the slightest - better to do that and be happy than hungry and miserable.
I've done it a few times, it's not cheating as it's an 'allowed' food - it's had no effect on my weight loss at all.

xxx :)

Back