Slimming underwear dress???

Oil hasn't got carbs or protein in, it's all fats. It is fat that is good for you unlike most other fats but it still has a lot of calories.

It might be worth asking your councillor for your type of diet about it. I just go off the calorific value of foods so I avoid any fats like the plague because you get so little food for your calories.

All the chicken and fish they eat here is very good for you, I eat tons more fish here than I ever did in england. If you shouldn't have much oil you can always ask them to cook it with only a bit to stop it sticking.

Whereabouts do you normally go when you come here?

Tracey

Thanks for answering my question, I could have googled it I suppose but that would be too easy.

We go the the Costa Del Sol when we come over, so there is lots of fish around and although I am very fussy about my food I do like most fish. Probably one of the few reasonably healthly food choices I have apart from chicken!

As a teenanger I wanted to be a veggie and I remember my Mum said write out what you wil eat apart from meat and we will see how balanced it will be.

I think my list consisted of potatoes, eggs, peas, cucumber, celery and chocolate. That was the end of my decision to become a veggie!

I am getting a bit better as I get older but not much!

I don't know that part very well, you probably know it better than me. We drove round there a couple of years ago when we went to Portugal and Gibraltar but I've never stopped there. I tend to go up to Benidorm, my mum goes on her own and I meet her there.

My daughter once said she was going to be a veggie when she was very young. I didn't argue, just said 'ok' and put her Sunday dinner out minus the lamb and gravy. She looked at all our plates and then said, 'I'll start tomorrow,' that was the end of her veggie days.

I'm not fussy about food, I suppose that's my trouble really. I just seem to eat anything and lots of it unless I actively control it.

Tracey

Your poor daughter, you mean you didn't make her a nut roast or whatever instead..., are you sure you didn't scar her for life? not that I have ever tasted a nut roast, but veggies seem to like them!

I have never been to Portugal but I do like Gibraltar. We sometimes go on day trips there when we are in Spain.

Just going back to the other thread about ex-pats clothing. I have just realised they must all buy them in St Michaels in Gibraltar. (Marks and Spencers get everywhere doesn't it?)

You're right they do or they bring them back from England. They buy the same t-shirt in all available colours or patterns (yep, patterned! Usually big flowers on the front or embroidered flowers) and a few pairs of the black slacks that I am told 'no-one else makes them like M&S'. When they return from England and tell me about their purchases I have to try to look suitably pleased for them that they've managed to but a new supply!

Horror of horrors, I was actually given a couple of the t-shirts from someone who had received them as a present and they didn't fit. I kept them a few days and gave them back and said they didn't fit me either.

As for the nut roast, I can't imagine me making one of those. I don't think she'd have eaten it if I had, she loved meat. She was very young and she'd just realised that meat was an animal.

Tracey

The reason I wanted to go veggie was because I also didn't lik ethat thought of eating animals, but like your daughter I am also a meat eater!

I can't imagine at the moment, when my diet is high protein, how I would survive if I couldn't eat meat. I have salami or chicken most days.

Those t-shirts with the flowers sound like the kind of thing my mum would wear, but then she has had her free buspass for sometime now.... I think the only time my parents used their bus passes was to take my boys into London as a treat one Sunday. After three buses each way and a lot of waiting around they said next time one of them will drive.

My mum wears the t-shirts as well and she's got the bus pass, she makes good use of it. She goes out with her friends and they look like they've got a job-lot of them.

I have known her go out with a couple of her friends shopping and if they see something 'nice' they all buy one. They all go to church on a Sunday and it wouldn't be unusual for them all to have the same handbag - I grew out of wearing the same as a friend when I was at school.

Tracey

I also grew out of wearing the same as my friends..... Is this something I have to look forward to as I grow older? Scary!!!

You forgot the shoes, brown flat sandels or little lace up plimsolls......

This week I have been looking at organising my 40th and now reading this you are making me think already about my 60th. I am getting very scared!

Phew..... At least I don't have to worry for a few years yet then.

I am just thinking as my weight is coming of I should be able to get into some of my old shoes and boots soon. I don't even have to go into my parents loft for them.

I still need to have a look at venues for my 40th. I have provisonally booked one but I am not sure.

Decisions, decisions.....

i love this forum!!!!im new so have been checking out all of these threads and having found that slimming underwear just pushes bulges to other unsightly places, reading about this wonder dress has inspired me to purchase.i hope its as good as you ladies make out.thanks in advance

Suzy, At least that's a nice decision to have to make. I hope some of your boots and shoes fit, I tried my knee boots on the other day - still can't zip them up but the zip goes a bit further that it did. By the time I can zip them fully it'll be sandal weather.

Amylou, I've not got one of the dresses yet but for £6 it's worth a try. 2 pronged attack, diet and slimming underwear. I know what you mean about pushing things out somewhere else, if I get a bra that pushes up too much I get squidgy bits pushed out under my arms and anything that resembles cycling shorts - omg! terrible!

Tracey

Hi Tracey, yes it will be nice to have more choice of shoes etc. At least you will have your boots for next winter, and think how slim your legs will feel in your summer sandals.

Hi Amylou,

Welcome to the site. You will find a great bunch of people on here always happy to support and motivate you.
Which diet are you doing? I am on Go Lower and doing really well....

I have actually got one of the dresses now and it is great.

It does NOT move the bulges to anywhere else it just gives your body a nice outline. I would have liked some more tummy control but then you can't have everything. What with losing weight and wearing the dress I do feel a difference. Which is what we want..... :)

Last edited:
hi suzy...im not following any specific diet im just exercising everyday, including spinning once a week and im pretty much eating salads for dinner and tea which is cutting down the calories...as i was a fast food junkie. hoping to start seeing results in the next couplee of weeks in the way my clothes fit im determined to not be a slave to the scales as im not too fussed about the numbers its the dress sizes im more bothered about.haha

Hi Suzy, I'm glad to hear you got the dress and it's good. I'm asking my mum to bring one out when she comes. I can't wait for sandle weather, like you we've had a really bad winter. Not as bad as you've had but for here it's been really bad.

Hi Amylou, If you're cutting out junk food you're sure to lose weight. Good luck with the exercise, sounds like you're really going for it.

Tracey

Well doen Amylou on all that exercising!

I am lucky as my diet doesn't require exercise to lose weight, although I am walking a lot faster on the school run in the mornings. A great sign that I am getting more energy as the weight comes of.

I was also bad with junk food, especailly KFC and I don't even miss it now.

Tracey I can't wait for some sun.... It seems like so long since we had any. My daffodils are growing by the day. I can't wait until they start to bloom.

yes the kfc abandonment is slowly killing me.but im sure i wont miss it soon.we have kitchen fitters in so i cant get to the kitchen to make anything so im currently sitting in my room starving and a potential junk food moment may occur but im trying hard to resist.

I hope you managed to resist the junkfood amylou, hopefully you'll lose the taste.

If you're walking faster on the school run you're definately doing well suzy.

I've been going on the total gym for exercise unless I've been out for a walk or doing energetic stuff in garden or around house - then I let myself off.

Tracey

Back