Slimming world Cinema Food

I need help! My wonderful fella has bought us luxury seats for the cinema on the 19th of may to see the new pirates of the carribean. Ive only been on SW for 2 weeks, and i need snack ideas to take with me. The thought of being around all that toffee popcorn and supersize coca cola is already making me want to forget about SW for one night! My consultant said i can use flexi-syns but i'd rather not, because then i feel as if i failed the whole week. Has anybody got any low-syn ideas or cinema food alternatives?? I havent decided what plan il do that day yet so all ideas on all plans welcome :)

:sign0144:

I tend to snack on the Kelloggs Fibre Plus Bars - I cut it up into chunks and pick at it throughout a film or an evening.

As it's chocolatey, I kinda feel like I'm being naughty, but it's your HExB sorted!:D

Enjoy the film!

OOh sounds good, i spose i could do the same with hi fi bars? Didint think of that! Thanks :)

I went to the cinema last night and weighed out and synned my popcorn before I went. I also took a punet of blackberries and 2 flumps (1.5 each). I took my own drink but you can always have the diet coke.

I've taken carrot sticks in the past as I do like something to nibble on at the cinema.

I've never ever eaten anything in a cinema. Never seen the need too. Maybe I just don't fancy paying those prices!

But cutting up a cereal bar and maybe have with some peanuts or raisins from your syns maybe?!

I always take fruit for munching, an alpen light and some actual syns. Which could be a bag 25g caramel snack a jacks (5.0syns), a bag of M&S Toffee popcorn with pacans & Belgian choc (6.5syns) OR a tiny bag of haribo (the wee multipack ones) for 3 syns...

Shrimpy said:
I always take fruit for munching, an alpen light and some actual syns. Which could be a bag 25g caramel snack a jacks (5.0syns), a bag of M&S Toffee popcorn with pacans & Belgian choc (6.5syns) OR a tiny bag of haribo (the wee multipack ones) for 3 syns...

The M&S toffee popcorn sounds amazing; I'm so looking out for that!

M and s are supposed to do mini bags of sweet cinema style popcorn which are low syn but have never seen them, probably a good thing I love popcorn! X

I brought 2 packs of the Velvet Crunch cassava crisps (4.5 syns each) and they were delicious.

I put my HeA Laughing Cow light cheeses in a small tupperware box and mixed them up with a little bit of fat free fromage frais to get a cheesy dip for the crisps.

Then I brought 2 x Choc and Fudge Alpen Lights (HeB) and purchased a Diet Coke - I was muching away though most of the film :D

Wow these are great ideas! thanks for the links too. I like the idea of the cheese dip, ive read sumwhere u can make your own crisps using pasta sheets, so think i might do that because i have the laughing cow slices regularly. And theres an MnS by my work so might look out for the popcorn there. Im really going to miss my toffee popcorn :-(

Im still try to get my head round food optimising, and keep forgetting i can have low cal drinks like the diet coke for free. Im still in old diet mentality's i guess 'thou shalt not have fizzy pops/chocolate/anything delicious' kinda thing!

Just be careful of those pasta sheet crisps- apparently the official slimming world line on those is that they are synned because it's "food abuse"- using free food in a way that isnt filling but is high calorie.

I go to the cinema a lot as I have a cineworld unlimited pass and I take: a can of pop, cereal bars, flumps, punnets of strawberries/ blueberries and then also I take in those exotic fruit selections you can get from the supermarket- the tesco near my cinema always have them on reduced to clear so I have been known to take as many as 3 boxes!!!!

Another thing I do is I don't open any of my snacks until the film starts,that way by the time I finish my snacks I'm too engrossed in the film to think about going to hunt out popcorny treats!

Wow they're high in syns? Blimey i have to be careful lol. I suppose its the same principal for mash potato (although i didnt understand at first how potatos can be free, yet mashed with no butter or milk are synned). Tesco does the same reduced to clear fruit, they usually have slices of mango but i have work till 6, and the film starts at 7 so i have to be well prepared!

Eh? Mash isnt synned is it? If it is I have eaten a hell of a lot of mash since starting SW in October!! It's only fruit that is synned when mashed, not veg.

It's just things like making crisps out of veg and lasagne sheets that is synned as you are using the food in a way that wasn't intended. Compare how full you would be after eating a big lasagne as a main meal probably with a big salad on the side, to eating a load of lasagne sheets as crisps... After the big lasagne you probably wouldn't eat for hours but after the lasagne crisps you would probably be off hunting for food not long after... Yet you would have consumed the same amount of pasta.

julesm said:
Eh? Mash isnt synned is it? If it is I have eaten a hell of a lot of mash since starting SW in October!! It's only fruit that is synned when mashed, not veg.

I'm almost certain mash is free! I've eaten it as free for 3 months so I hope it is!

julesm said:

Only if you add butter to it! The food abuse thing refers to the various inventive ways we SW'ers try to replace high syn foods with free foods. So cake made with cous cous, tortilla chips made with lasagne sheets & hm crisps. All will be synned even though they are free foods to reduce the chances of you overeating on them.

Back