Slimming World from Australia, let's do this!

On Friday night we had friends over to celebrate my birthday but I wanted to stay on plan and keep doing Dry January so I made 2 Indian Dishes from the SW website and my friend bought a tarka dhal with him that he'd made. The only suns in the whole lot were for the oil he put in the Tarka Dhal. Everyone really enjoyed it which was great!

Friday 19th January

B - Baked Oats - (1 syn) & HEB for oats

L - Feta salad (45g feta - HEA), lettuce, tomatoes, onion, rocket, balsamic dressing (0.5 syn)

D - Vegetable Biryani (rice, cauli, sweet potato, potato, carrot, green beans, onion, garlic, mild curry powder, garam masala powder), Bombay Potatoes (potatoes, tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli, lemon juice), tarka dhal (lentils, chillies, onion, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, coriander, ginger, garam masala, turmeric, and 3 tbsp vegetable oil divided by 6 portions = (3 syns)

Drinks - Water, Coke Zero

Snacks - melon, oranges

Total Syns - 4.5 syns

We had loads of cooked cubed potatoes leftover from the Bombay potatoes (I cooked far too many which we didn't use) so hubby fried them and 2 Quorn fillets each with Olive oil and salt, pepper, some chillies my friend gave me from her chilli bush, peppers, onion and garlic and a bit of curry powder), soo spicy and soooo tasty! I have to say I haven't had a bad meal since starting SW almost 3 weeks ago!

Saturday 20th January

B - Banana and watermelon

L - leftover Vegetable Biryani (rice, cauli, sweet potato, potato, carrot, green beans, onion, garlic, mild curry powder, garam masala powder) and Bombay Potatoes (potatoes, tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli, lemon juice)

D - cubed potatoes fried with 1tbsp olive oil divided by 2 portions = (3 syns), onions, garlic, chillies, peppers, curry powder, 2 Quorn fillets

Drinks - Water, Coke Zero, soy cappuccino with 300ml unsweetened soy milk (HEA) and 1tsp sugar (1 syn)

Snacks - Raspberries, strawberries, frozen Curly Wurly (6 syns), 16 almonds (HEB)

Total Syns - 10 syns

IMG_0965.JPG
Happy Birthday! Food sounds delicious, right up my street. It only seems like yesterday that we were dropping our babies off to nursery and primary school. Eldest D graduated last year, son in last year and youngest D applying this year. It goes so blo@dy quickly. It is still freezing in the South of England, not getting much above 2° on day. Had a pipe burst on a barn and it started to flood a paddock. Hope it's not too hot for you !

View attachment 185212 Happy Birthday! Food sounds delicious, right up my street. It only seems like yesterday that we were dropping our babies off to nursery and primary school. Eldest D graduated last year, son in last year and youngest D applying this year. It goes so blo@dy quickly. It is still freezing in the South of England, not getting much above 2° on day. Had a pipe burst on a barn and it started to flood a paddock. Hope it's not too hot for you !
Thanks Quins, it's around 30 degrees at the moment but there's a nice breeze so it's quite pleasant!

Hope you managed to fix the pipe and the paddock wasn't too badly flooded!

My little man really enjoyed his first day, he came out beaming from ear to ear!

Sunday 22nd January

B - Baked oats (HEB and 1syn)

L - banana

D - Strozzapretti pasta (pasta, onion, chillies, mushrooms, lemon juice with Quorn Pieces and 2tbsp Jamie Oliver Chilli pesto divided by 2 portions = (2 syns)

Drinks - Water, Coke Zero, soy cappuccino with 300ml lactose free milk (HEA) and 1tsp sugar (1 syn)

Snacks - Raspberries, strawberries, frozen Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns - 10 syns

So I'm off work until Friday and I'm really enjoying being a lady of leisure! I've been dropping the kids off at school and then meeting friends for coffee! I even managed a nana nap late this morning, haha!

Last night I did another hour and a half of exercise, I did my program at the gym for 45 mins and then Pilates group for another 45 minutes!

I weighed in this morning and I've lost 0.2kg which isn't must but it's * week and so I wasn't expecting a loss at all. I've still lost 7.2kg (which is just over a stone) since the beginning of the year so that's great and I did expect it to peter off.

Monday 23rd January

L - Strozzapretti pasta (pasta, onion, chillies, mushrooms, lemon juice with Quorn Pieces and 2tbsp Jamie Oliver Chilli pesto (syns taken yesterday)

D - Cauliflower pizza (cauliflower, egg, pepper, mushrooms, onions, peppers, 40g mozzarella (6 syns)

Drinks - Water, Coke Zero, soy cappuccino with 300ml lactose free milk (HEA) and 1tsp sugar (1syn)
Snacks - Raspberries, strawberries, watermelon

Total Syns - 8 syns

Hi Sarah, you're summer has made BBC Kent news! Crocs making their way into suburban areas, hottest summer since...38°... Heat killing masses of crabs in Darwin..... Well done on loss and exercise, food looks great.
Hi Quins, Yes it's been really hot here, although we had rain last night and we're supposed to be having rain again today, at least it cools things off a bit!

Well I have survived a week off work and have stuck to plan and had breakfast each day and the latter is a miracle :p !

Tuesday 24th January

L - Quorn Fillets with Steamfresh Veg (Broccoli, Green beans, peas and sweetcorn) and 1tbsp Nando's marinade (0.5syn)

D - Tassal salmon burger (0.5syn) with SW potato wedges, Steamfresh veg (broccoli, green beans, peas and sweetcorn) and 1tbsp Levi Roots Reggae Reggae sauce (0.5syn)

Drinks - Water, Coke Zero, Cappuccino with 300ml lactose free milk (HEA) and 1tsp sugar (1syn)

Snacks - Raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, 3 squares of Lily O'Brien chocolate (8.5 syns - it wasn't even worth it, I should have had a curly wurly instead :( )

Total Syns - 12.5 syns

I spent almost 4 hours in the hairdresser on Wednesday so I didn't have any lunch, I was starving when I came out so I grabbed 2 nectarines to last me until dinner. I also did 45 minutes at the gym. I'm almost there with my Bronze body magic award!

Wednesday 25th January

L - None

D - Vegetable Chow Mein (with sauce from PON website), mushrooms, peppers, onions, garlic, beansprouts with Egg noodles

Snacks - Nectarine, 2 Babybel (HEA), Jarrah Mint hot chocolate (3 syns), Frozen Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns - 10 syns

It was Australia Day, traditionally celebrated with a BBQ, Pavlova and alcohol, however I was determined to stay on plan and to continue Dry January! My friend and I took our kids to a local club where they had bouncy castles and slides and then we went to her house for a BBQ. Luckily for me my friend's husband had bought these smoked sweet potato and bean burgers which worked out at only 3.5 syns each so I had two of them with salad for dinner, drank Coke Zero and had fruit salad for dessert (watch me whilst I go and polish my Halo! :innocent002:)

Thursday 26th January

B - Carrot cake Baked oats (HEB) - no syns as only 3/4tbsp sweetener needed!

L - 3 slices Tofurky hickory smoked slices (1 syn), Salad (tomatoes, spring onions, peppers, kale, baby spinach, watercress) with balsamic vinegar and low fat cottage cheese

D - 2 Sweet potato and bean burgers (7 syns), salad (cabbage, carrot, peppers, onion)

Drinks - Water, Coke Zero, Lactose free cappucino (HEA for milk) and 1 syn for sugar

Snacks - Nectarine

Total Syns - 9 syns

I've been a bit lame posting this weekend but I'll update now, I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Friday 27th January

L - Quorn Fillet, Steamfresh Veg (broccoli, green beans, peas and sweetcorn) and 1tbsp Nando's sauce (0.5syn)

D - King prawn in Black Bean sauce and veggies (broccoli, cauli, mushrooms, zucchini, celery, carrots) - (5 syns) with steamed rice

Drinks - Water, Coke Zero, Lactose free cappucino (HEA for milk) and 1 syn for sugar

Snacks - Peppers, Carrot, Cherry tomatoes

Total Syns - 6.5 syns

Saturday 28th January

L - Banana, Nectarine and cherries

D - Quorn Quarter Pounder burger (3 syns) with melted Babybel in the middle (3 syns) and salad (peppers, tomatoes, spring onions, carrots) and VLF cottage cheese

Drinks - Water, Coke Zero, Soy cappucino (HEA for milk) and 1 syn for sugar

Snacks - Peppers, Carrot, Cherry tomatoes

Total Syns - 7 syns

Two days left of Dry January and I am surprised how well I've done! There were a few moments at the weekend where I could have easily caved in but I used my stubborness to resist!

Hubby did a BBQ for the kids whilst I was at the gym (they're all meat eaters and I'm not) and when I got back from the gym I was carb craving so I made myself Strozzapretti pasta which is one of my favourites! I need to find a way of making a nice, spicy pasta sauce of my own though as the Jamie Oliver Chilli and Garlic Pesto is 2 syns per tbsp!

Sunday 29th January

L - Halloumi, walnut and apple salad (chard, rocket, spinach, red onion, peppers, tomatoes, apple, walnuts (hardly any in the salad - maybe 1 whole walnut broken up?) (2 syns), HEA for Halloumi

D - Strozzapretti pasta (pasta, Quorn pieces, lemon juice, spring onions and 25g grated Mozzarella (3.5 syns)

Snacks - Watermelon, raspberries

Total Syns - 7.5 syns

I am super, super chuffed with myself today. I got my Bronze body magic :whacky068: award on SW Online yesterday and I've lost another 1.1kg this week which takes my total to 8.1kg (1st 3lb) since 23rd December! :woohoo:

Monday 30th January

B - Raspberry Baked oats (HEB) & (0.5 syn) for cooked raspberries

L - Leftover strozzapretti pasta (pasta, Quorn pieces, lemon juice, spring onions and 1tbsp Jamie Oliver Chilli & Garlic pesto (2 syns)

D - 2 boiled eggs, salad (peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, carrot) and VLF cottage cheese - protein special :rotflmao:

Drinks - 2.2l Water, Coke Zero, lactose free cappucino (HEA for milk), (1 syn) for 1tsp sugar

Snacks - SW quiches, lychees, orange, Frozen Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns - 9.5 syns

Tuesday 31st January

L - Quorn Fillets, Steamfresh veg (broccoli, green beans, peas and sweet corn) and 1tbsp Nandos Mild Marinade (0.5 syns)

D - 2 poached eggs, 2 baked giant mushrooms, half tin of beans and 3 Linda McCartney sausages (1.5 syns)

Drinks - 2.2l Water, Coke Zero, lactose free cappucino (HEA for milk), (1 syn) for 1tsp sugar

Snacks - SW quiches, nectarines, plums, strawberries

Total Syns - 3.5 syns

I had a killer migraine yesterday (Wednesday) so I spent most of the day in bed with the air con on! As such I didn't really eat much but I managed to have my HEA and HEB which was good:

Wednesday 1st February

L - Nectarines

D - Quorn chilli (Quorn mince, passata, onions, mushrooms, Old El Paso Refried Beans and JD's Chilli con carne spices) with SW wedges and 40g Mozzarella (HEA)

Drinks - Coke Zero, soda water

Snacks - Plums, strawberries, watermelon, raspberries, 45g tub Mini Eggs (10.5 syns)

Total Syns - 10.5 syns

I went to the gym again yesterday for 45 mins as I missed my session on Wednesday with being ill. I was soo tired but at least it's all done for the week and another workout towards my Silver Body Magic award!

Thursday 2nd February

L - Leftover Quorn chilli (Quorn mince, passata, onions, mushrooms, Old El Paso Refried Beans and JD's Chilli con carne spices) with SW wedges

D - Leftover Quorn chilli (again) with half a packet of Uncle Ben's Mexican Rice (1.5 syns) and 1 Babybel (3 syns)

Drinks - Coke Zero, 2l water, Lactose Free (HEA for milk) cappucino with 1tsp sugar (1syn)

Snacks - Plums, nectarines, oranges

Total Syns - 6 syns

Back