slimming world "saints".....or not??!!

Stefanie said:
The only time I'm not a saint is when I have eaten out and I guess the syns - then I leave my diary blank. Apart from that everything is synned and written down. I wouldn't fill out an online diary if it was going to be a lie, what's the point. xx

Haha i do that. When i have gabbots farm fried chicken i put god only knows the syns Haha. I will bear in mind ive had them but not write them down as don't know!! Ohhhhh such a cheat lol x

Hi A M. Sorry for being lazy about your whole name!
I started at 12.8 mid dec and I am 11.5 now. I am aiming for under 10!

I have an active life and now that I have fixed a few poor habits I am finding it slower, but not going back on! I am trying some different things each week. I did try a red day but was so hungry it led to poor food choices later! Lol
Trying green and EE now but can't find my blasted book to check! Grrr.

I do have a food diary so feel free to add any advice. I will get there!
Tx

Woodland girl said:
Hi A M. Sorry for being lazy about your whole name!
I started at 12.8 mid dec and I am 11.5 now. I am aiming for under 10!

I have an active life and now that I have fixed a few poor habits I am finding it slower, but not going back on! I am trying some different things each week. I did try a red day but was so hungry it led to poor food choices later! Lol
Trying green and EE now but can't find my blasted book to check! Grrr.

I do have a food diary so feel free to add any advice. I will get there!
Tx

Ee is fab. Ill have a look for your diary xx

I dont post a diary but apart from the Xmas week I have been 100% every week without fail - never gone over or even used my full syn allowance - ok I dont exercise - and I have had weight losses varying from 0.8lb - 5lbs a week (if you ignore the first 4 weeks of the diet) I am mid/late 40's had an early menopause (in my 30's so no *weeks) I would love to know why my losses vary so wildly but so long as they are losses I'm a happy bunny :)

How is it negative???? i fail to see that. Im trying to ask a question and make a point that written are obviously all different. There in no negativity at all and if you think that i suggest your reading too much into it!!

My comment about negativity was in response to your conclusion about some members being liars. Being called a liar cannot be a positive thing surely.

Yes, we are all different. Slow losers may be coping with issues such as PCOS or thyroid problems. We don't know so cannot assume anything.

silly sausage said:
My comment about negativity was in response to your conclusion about some members being liars. Being called a liar cannot be a positive thing surely.

Yes, we are all different. Slow losers may be coping with issues such as PCOS or thyroid problems. We don't know so cannot assume anything.

I said telling porkies. I didn't come out and say so harshly liars. If you find this thread negative i suggest you don't comment and unsubscribe as seems you want to cause an agruement and that's not what this thread is for

Hm, I don't think ss is trying to start an argument. I agree with her sentiments. To me a lie, porky and a white lie are all just lies. It's true or it's not,.. Anyway, I think we do understand what you are saying, and maybe you are right, we do need to move on ;-)

Woodland girl said:
Hm, I don't think ss is trying to start an argument. I agree with her sentiments. To me a lie, porky and a white lie are all just lies. It's true or it's not,.. Anyway, I think we do understand what you are saying, and maybe you are right, we do need to move on ;-)

I tried to explain what i meant and she is still going on. I don't need someone to accuse me or something ive not nastily said so i apologise if i apologise if ive caused u offence which i obviously have. Wg ill look at ur diary in a mo x

Woodland girl said:

Woodland girl what's the name of ur diary x

Interesting thread...

I try my very best to be 100% - my diary is to keep me on track and record what I have had - its not there for fiction! If i have been bad / off-plan, or am struggling, it goes down on the diary. However - I too have small / non existant losses - which is super frustrating, but it is what it is. I would love to be one of these people who lose 2, 3 or more per week, but I am not.

I dont see the point in being untrue on the food diary as it doesnt really achieve anything!

Nattymo said:
Interesting thread...

I try my very best to be 100% - my diary is to keep me on track and record what I have had - its not there for fiction! If i have been bad / off-plan, or am struggling, it goes down on the diary. However - I too have small / non existant losses - which is super frustrating, but it is what it is. I would love to be one of these people who lose 2, 3 or more per week, but I am not.

I dont see the point in being untrue on the food diary as it doesnt really achieve anything!

This was my initial point thank you for making it more clear. Im a bugger as ill guess syns for places i don't know but then if i gain or have a rubbish loss i take full responsibility as like you say what's the point in lying to yourself. Last week i was terrible tho on the day b4 weigh in i had a choc brownie and in my mind blamed my son. Haha. Naughty me x

Hellllooo.

Sometimes when bored i flick through diaries to get recipes inspiration etc. Anyway some people seem to have amazing food diaries Superspeed till it comes out there ears within their syns every week, walked the great wall of China and pretty much a perfect sw person...... Then they get loses of 0.5lb.and sometimes gains.

I am missing something??? Which has led me to the conclusion that some people tell porkies.... I am the only one which has seen this??

A bit harsh there Alfiesmum. There are so many reasons why people lose weight at different rates. You can not make the assumption that people are telling " porkies", for porkies do we read lies , because what else could it mean.

I am one of the people who has stuck 100% to plan and at one times had 2 weeks of no weight loss. I was distressed enough about it without now having it put in my head that there might be some who think I am telling "porkies".

I am a person of 67 years old and do not feel the need to lie, in fact to deceive myself because the bottom line is that most people on here are trying so hard to improve their health. It is not a game.

I think your post is a bit negative for a support forum :(

I agree with you 100%.

How is it negative???? i fail to see that. Im trying to ask a question and make a point that written are obviously all different. There in no negativity at all and if you think that i suggest your reading too much into it!!

I think perhaps you misunderstand the meaning of negative as opposed to positive.

We are only reading into it what you wrote.......that some of us are telling "porkies".

Hi alfiesmummy

Interesting question. I am one of those people... I stick to the plan, I have not yet fallen off the wagon, I exercise , I am honest and losing half a pound a week would be a good loss for me! Now, there could be lots of reasons for this- maybe because my eating was not too bad to begin with?

So, not all slow losers are secretly binging and lying about it, and yes, although you might not have intended to sound negative, personally I found the comment difficult. Does that mean all people on the forum think I am lying, cheating, etc? Yes, I know the comment is not about me... But about many slow losers, but that includes me and I am trying so hard!

Personally I find it really difficult to read of others who list all the stuff they ate over syns and off the wagon and then say they lost 6 lbs! seems so unfair!

As I said, I recognise that this comment is not a personal one, but on behalf of the slow losers, just cos it is slow does not mean we are all lying to you or ourselves : and in fact, I think slow losers deserve more credit for still hanging in there cos it is not easy!

I hope that this makes some sense and if there are folk out there not being truthful maybe your comment will encourage them to sort themselves out.
For the other slow mos, you hang in, we will get there and our sorted eating habits mean a great deal to our health!

With best wishes to A M
Woodland girl

What a sensible and honest post.

I am one of those with a thyroid problem and take 200mg of thyroxine a day and know my weight losses are slower than most because of this.

I said telling porkies. I didn't come out and say so harshly liars. If you find this thread negative i suggest you don't comment and unsubscribe as seems you want to cause an agruement and that's not what this thread is for

Ahh, Alfiesmummy, that is not very nice. Silly Sausage has as much right to reply to you and make her comments public as you have to starting the thread in the first place.

I do not see that she is trying to cause an argument, in fact you could say the same about me, but I am intelligent enough to enjoy a good, honest debate and to enjoy the variety of responses.We do not all have to agree. The adult thing to do is to read, reason and respond.

I do not keep a diary so know it can not apply to me. I do not have the commitment of all those wonderful members who do keep a diary. You are all stars for chronicling your daily input and your anecdotes. You are what keeps so many other people going. Thank you diarists.

I am not looking for a fight here just exercising the right to my own opinion which is no more valid than anyone else's, just simply what I think.

Hugs to everyone !!!

fillymum said:
A bit harsh there Alfiesmum. There are so many reasons why people lose weight at different rates. You can not make the assumption that people are telling " porkies", for porkies do we read lies , because what else could it mean.

I am one of the people who has stuck 100% to plan and at one times had 2 weeks of no weight loss. I was distressed enough about it without now having it put in my head that there might be some who think I am telling "porkies".

I am a person of 67 years old and do not feel the need to lie, in fact to deceive myself because the bottom line is that most people on here are trying so hard to improve their health. It is not a game.

I agree with you 100%.

I think perhaps you misunderstand the meaning of negative as opposed to positive.

We are only reading into it what you wrote.......that some of us are telling "porkies".

What a sensible and honest post.

I am one of those with a thyroid problem and take 200mg of thyroxine a day and know my weight losses are slower than most because of this.

Ahh, Alfiesmummy, that is not very nice. Silly Sausage has as much right to reply to you and make her comments public as you have to starting the thread in the first place.

I do not see that she is trying to cause an argument, in fact you could say the same about me, but I am intelligent enough to enjoy a good, honest debate and to enjoy the variety of responses.We do not all have to agree. The adult thing to do is to read, reason and respond.

I do not keep a diary so know it can not apply to me. I do not have the commitment of all those wonderful members who do keep a diary. You are all stars for chronicling your daily input and your anecdotes. You are what keeps so many other people going. Thank you diarists.

I am not looking for a fight here just exercising the right to my own opinion which is no more valid than anyone else's, just simply what I think.

Hugs to everyone !!!

Ok peeps. I was talking about the people who do lie to themselves.. Stop getting so wound up and chill i was making an observation. Dear god what happened to freedom of speech. Im not saying about people with medical issues or anything im not being negative im just asking why do some people lie to themselves and although ur not one of them thy are out there. People are looking at this too deep and what the hell has thyroid problems got to do with it... You surely would mention that like you just did. Relax people its Friday and if you haven't noticed it move on stop making me out to be cruel when i was making an honest and correct statement of what SOME NOT ALL people do.

Hi all! Time for a group hug? Lol. I think we understand more about what A Mum did and didn't mean by her comments, the written word is a tricky thing because we can't get immediate feedback and nuances for what people are actually trying to communicate!

Anyway, my food diary is called : can't think of a catchy title! Sad eh? Lol
X

I think your post is a bit negative for a support forum :(

Ah but no-one says we have to be positive all of the time. There are so many negative posts on here anyway!!

I do think OP has a point, however.... some people do only lose half to a pound a week by being SW Saints, some lose lots, and some, admittedly, tell porkie pies ;)

I used to keep a food diary on here and I did write when I had a slip up but not the gory details, just skimmed over it!

Woodland girl said:
Hi all! Time for a group hug? Lol. I think we understand more about what A Mum did and didn't mean by her comments, the written word is a tricky thing because we can't get immediate feedback and nuances for what people are actually trying to communicate!

Anyway, my food diary is called : can't think of a catchy title! Sad eh? Lol
X

Haha (((((((()))))))))))). i just get annoyed when people take offence as none was meant and it makes me feel terrible as u say u can't justify over a message. I can't find what food ur eating. Haha. X

WelshCake said:
Shall we all sit in a circle and sing Kumbaya?? If you are really good I will let you have a go on my tambourine :D

Yes!!!!!! something positive has come from this. Baggsy first go x

Back