slimming world "saints".....or not??!!

alfsmummy11

Silver Member
Hellllooo.

Sometimes when bored i flick through diaries to get recipes inspiration etc. Anyway some people seem to have amazing food diaries Superspeed till it comes out there ears within their syns every week, walked the great wall of China and pretty much a perfect sw person...... Then they get loses of 0.5lb.and sometimes gains.

I am missing something??? Which has led me to the conclusion that some people tell porkies.... I am the only one which has seen this??

hmmm, well in nearly 1 year I have NEVER gone over my syns, cook everything from scratch, do plenty of new recipes and eat plenty of super free, super speed and exercise and even though I have never had a gain or a sts (yet) - I often lose 1lb ...and Im happy with that... in fact this far down the line Im "chuffed to little mintballs" :D

I can't see any point in lying as you can't lie to yourself -however, everyones body reacts differently and I know I have had weeks where I have even done success express(just to shake things up) and not had a bigger loss than on bog standard EE, Red, green :confused: so perhaps some could look at my food that week and think "only 1lb off" -but Im still more than happy with how things are going...

As long as you know you are being truthful thats all you can do, and all that matters

Capricorn, your journey so far is amazing and such an inspiration to people like me. I did start reading your diary yesterday and it fab funny reading so thank you!

haha not me i confess all my syns in my food diary. theres not much point in keeping one really if your not going to be honest especially if u want feedback..

Capricorn, your journey so far is amazing and such an inspiration to people like me. I did start reading your diary yesterday and it fab funny reading so thank you!
Why thankyou :D -and well done for still being awake after reading my rambles :p

well now i think you are on about me!!!.....i just dont put down if i have a slip up. I dont lie. I do not document the evidence.

Hellllooo.

Sometimes when bored i flick through diaries to get recipes inspiration etc. Anyway some people seem to have amazing food diaries Superspeed till it comes out there ears within their syns every week, walked the great wall of China and pretty much a perfect sw person...... Then they get loses of 0.5lb.and sometimes gains.

I am missing something??? Which has led me to the conclusion that some people tell porkies.... I am the only one which has seen this??

I think your post is a bit negative for a support forum :(

I agree i do not do sw but no one is a perfect dieter if we were perfect all the time we wouldnt have a problem
There are lots of reasons for a sts or a gain not always what has been eaten
Surely the main thing is everyone is trying their damnest to lose weight for whatever reason that means something to them
So i say well done to everyone whatever they doing
Ps ive never walked the great wall of china either

Hellllooo.

No 2 bodies are the same. No one's body is exactly the same 24/7.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but I agree with Silly Sausage, the post is a tad on the negative side for a support forum

I would say we are all very different, the age range apart from anything else, and as long as we are honest with ourselves, that's the most important thing.;)
I have been quite strict with myself because I know I have a few busy weeks where it will not be so easy to stick to plan, and I would admit to this in my diary. Life goes on after all and we all have our ups and downs, good and bad days:D

Not sure you're meaning to be negative?! And I didn't take it to be so upon reading but I do think some people expect miracles when starting diets, the reality is slow/small losses are the the norm for a lot of people. As the saying goes 'slow and steady wins the race' (i think??)

Maybe assuming people are telling 'porkies' is a little unfair but I get your point that some people might lie to themselves. I've been guilty of this in the past... but now, the food diary doesn't lie!

I don't think alfiesmummy is intending to be negative. As someone pointed out we're all different and that includes the way in which we can admit or deal with mis-haps or off days. Some will just say "I had a crap day and i went off plan" and be done with it, for others it may be harder to come out and say it especially if they feel they failed for whatever reason.

With regards to support, that also comes in many different ways. Some people like the softer approach with words of encouragment whereas others may just want someone to be brutally honest and give them a kick up the bum!

X

Ellebear said:
well now i think you are on about me!!!.....i just dont put down if i have a slip up. I dont lie. I do not document the evidence.

Haha. That madras me giggle. Im not on about anyone just wondering if anyone else has noticed it and wondered?? wasn't a nasty negative thought just one out if interest x

silly sausage said:
I think your post is a bit negative for a support forum :(

How is it negative???? i fail to see that. Im trying to ask a question and make a point that written are obviously all different. There in no negativity at all and if you think that i suggest your reading too much into it!!

ElleJay67a said:
Not sure you're meaning to be negative?! And I didn't take it to be so upon reading but I do think some people expect miracles when starting diets, the reality is slow/small losses are the the norm for a lot of people. As the saying goes 'slow and steady wins the race' (i think??)

Maybe assuming people are telling 'porkies' is a little unfair but I get your point that some people might lie to themselves. I've been guilty of this in the past... but now, the food diary doesn't lie!

I just don't understand why people lie to themselves. Fair enough some people lose weight slow and i respect that. Im on about the people who lie to themselves and then we can't offer support or perhaps see where they have gone wrong.

I agree this is a support forum but we can't offer support without seeing well reading the bigger picture if that makes sense?? x

Just to clarify i am not been mean or negative im simply trying to make a point. Ok everyone loses at different speeds usually when i lose 1/2lb i have had a bad week but that's just me.

My point was i don't understand why people pretend they are perfect if they are having a bad day or worse they don't understand the plan. We are all here to support and give advice but we can't if we don't fully understand what's going on. People also May have underlying issues.

Im not sure what this has caused offence to some people maybe you looked too deep into it or it hit a personal truth? Either way it wasn't meant too!!!

Hi alfiesmummy

Interesting question. I am one of those people... I stick to the plan, I have not yet fallen off the wagon, I exercise , I am honest and losing half a pound a week would be a good loss for me! Now, there could be lots of reasons for this- maybe because my eating was not too bad to begin with?

So, not all slow losers are secretly binging and lying about it, and yes, although you might not have intended to sound negative, personally I found the comment difficult. Does that mean all people on the forum think I am lying, cheating, etc? Yes, I know the comment is not about me... But about many slow losers, but that includes me and I am trying so hard!

Personally I find it really difficult to read of others who list all the stuff they ate over syns and off the wagon and then say they lost 6 lbs! seems so unfair!

As I said, I recognise that this comment is not a personal one, but on behalf of the slow losers, just cos it is slow does not mean we are all lying to you or ourselves : and in fact, I think slow losers deserve more credit for still hanging in there cos it is not easy!

I hope that this makes some sense and if there are folk out there not being truthful maybe your comment will encourage them to sort themselves out.
For the other slow mos, you hang in, we will get there and our sorted eating habits mean a great deal to our health!

With best wishes to A M
Woodland girl

Woodland girl said:
Hi alfiesmummy

Interesting question. I am one of those people... I stick to the plan, I have not yet fallen off the wagon, I exercise , I am honest and losing half a pound a week would be a good loss for me! Now, there could be lots of reasons for this- maybe because my eating was not too bad to begin with?

So, not all slow losers are secretly binging and lying about it, and yes, although you might not have intended to sound negative, personally I found the comment difficult. Does that mean all people on the forum think I am lying, cheating, etc? Yes, I know the comment is not about me... But about many slow losers, but that includes me and I am trying so hard!

Personally I find it really difficult to read of others who list all the stuff they ate over syns and off the wagon and then say they lost 6 lbs! seems so unfair!

As I said, I recognise that this comment is not a personal one, but on behalf of the slow losers, just cos it is slow does not mean we are all lying to you or ourselves : and in fact, I think slow losers deserve more credit for still hanging in there cos it is not easy!

I hope that this makes some sense and if there are folk out there not being truthful maybe your comment will encourage them to sort themselves out.
For the other slow mos, you hang in, we will get there and our sorted eating habits mean a great deal to our health!

With best wishes to A M
Woodland girl

I was having this conversation yesterday with my mum. Some people who May of dieted previously or like you say ate healthy are bound to lose slower. Or those like me who are very very close to their targets.

Do you still have a lot to lose? maybe you have reached a platue. Ive seen some people who try the success express to kick start things again. This sounds daft also but when ive had all my syns each day i lose better too!! maybe my body needs that to kick it into gear?

At the end of the day your still losing but what i always think is best is that your diet has changed. That's what i think to myself esp now im so close to target. Their obviously are genuine people out there like yourself but sometimes i do think there is a lot lying to themselves. It obviously doesn't bother the reader as its not our journey but advice wise its hard to give!

The only time I'm not a saint is when I have eaten out and I guess the syns - then I leave my diary blank. Apart from that everything is synned and written down. I wouldn't fill out an online diary if it was going to be a lie, what's the point. xx

Back