SLOW COOKER RECIPES

Ideas just keep popping into my head!! Another favourite of mine is lamb meatballs with a mint gravy. You make meatballs as normal, brown add to slow cooker and make gravy with mint sauce through it. Lovely!!

Could you send me the full recipe for doing these lamb meatballs in slow cooker they sound great :)

Thanks, Jen

ooh I am looking forward to trying some of these!

Can I ask how you make the gravy syn free for the lamb meatballs (is it a bovril gravy?)

I am planning to do sweet & sour pork in my slow cooker this week, as mentioned spag bol works really well

I was also thinking a minestrone soup or leek & potato soup would work well for Green or EE

I look forward to trying out some recipes & sharing any I can think of

Jbean

thanks guys have slow cooker sitting there gaining dust, those ideas will have my crock warming n smelling tasty

Hi I just bought a slow cooker so am very excited by all these yummy recepies, can anyone tell me the ratio of rice to milk for the rice pudding and how much sweetner?? Thanks.:talk017:

1 beef brisket joint, 1 tin Batchelor's fat free condensed cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 tin water, sliced onion. Bung it all in and cook on low for 8-9 hrs or on high 5-6 hrs or until meat falls apart. If you are able, flip the joint over halfway through cooking.

The soup is 7 syns but I'm waiting to hear back from my C if you have to count the full 7 as you leave most of it in the pan if you don't use it as gravy (I used a little of it with the onion to spoon over the meat so allowed a couple of syns for it).

Attachments

• IMG_5208.JPG
    IMG_5208.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,119
Pudding rice, skimmed milk (HE-A), sweetener, slow cook for 4-5 hours on low. Ta da!

Sometimes I put raisins (synned) in it, it's nice with a muller light stirred through it too.

Quantities depend on the size of your slow cooker.

i adore plain boiled rice stirred into a muller-deeeeeeeeeelish!

Hello All, This is my fave comfort food fruity beefor pork curry recipie,

Fry light
2 medium cooking apples
3 small onions chopped
Stewing steak or pork 700g
3 tsp of curry powder
3 tbsp of plain flour
Beef stock 400ml
mango chutney 3 tbsp
sultanas 75g
tin chopped tomatoes 400g
lemon juice 2tbsp
salt and pepper

Fry the apple and onion in a large pan/wok. Coat meat in seasoned flour add to pan once apple and onion are soft, leave until lightly brown. Stir in the stock and bring to a simmer, add all remaining ingrediants and transfer to the slow cooker - Cook for 5-7 hours on medium - i always wack mine onto high for the last hour to make sure its all nicely done! You may need to thicken it once done, just sprinkle in a little flour and stir. Good luck ladies! xx

Autumn Barley Stew

Made today in the slow cooker whilst at work and it was so yummy - had fully intended to have couscous with it but it was so thick and stodgy just had it with corn on the cobs.

1 onion chunky chop
2 cloves of garlic crushed
250g soup mix (barley, split pea & lentil) soaked in water overnight
1/2 large butternut squash in big chunks
1/2 large swede in big chunks
2 large carrot chunky chop
can of button mushrooms
can of butter beans
400ml chicken stock (i think didnt actually measure)
pinch of curry powder, thyme, dried mixed herbs, bayleaf, coriander, pepper

Cook on low for 8-10 hours

Hello All, This is my fave comfort food fruity beefor pork curry recipie,

Fry light
2 medium cooking apples
3 small onions chopped
Stewing steak or pork 700g
3 tsp of curry powder
3 tbsp of plain flour
Beef stock 400ml
mango chutney 3 tbsp
sultanas 75g
tin chopped tomatoes 400g
lemon juice 2tbsp
salt and pepper

Fry the apple and onion in a large pan/wok. Coat meat in seasoned flour add to pan once apple and onion are soft, leave until lightly brown. Stir in the stock and bring to a simmer, add all remaining ingrediants and transfer to the slow cooker - Cook for 5-7 hours on medium - i always wack mine onto high for the last hour to make sure its all nicely done! You may need to thicken it once done, just sprinkle in a little flour and stir. Good luck ladies! xx

Crikey! Don't eat it all in one day, it works out to about 24 syns.:flirt2:

Hi Lisa

That's 24 syns total for the whole recipe.:D

I see baby is due soon - congrats in anticipation of the "big day"

x

I have a recipe for Tamarind chilli chicken which is lovely. It's 2½ syns but I think it's worth it.

Serves 4

8 pieces of skinless chicken
Frylight
1 onion chopped
1 red pepper chopped
1 red chilli chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 tablespoon tamarind paste
1 tablespoon sweetner
1 teaspoon ground tumeric
2 tablespoons plain flour
450ml chicken stock made with chicken bovril
salt & pepper
Coriander to serve
Spray frying pan with frylight and brown chicken to seal. Once brown remove. Add onion to pan & fry till lightly browned. Add red pepper chilli & garlic cook for 2 mins. Mix in tamarind, sweetner & tumeric. Cook for another minute then mix in flour. Gradually add stock and season to taste. Bring to boil. Put chicken into slow cooker and add sauce. Cover & cook on low for 8-10 hours (if chicken has bones) or 5-6 if breasts. Serve with coriander. Yummmmmm.

Tamarind can be found where the herbs and spices are.

Cooked this last night the whole family loved it, it was yummy :D:D

I loved this thread as this kind of food is just what you need at this time of year.
I got a slow cooker for Xmas and so far I have used it at least once a week....This is my favourite stew:

1.5lb / 600g stewing/braising steak
1 large onion
1 large courgette
1 red pepper
100g packet thin sliced chorizo sausage (tesco is 10 syns)
3/4 pt bovril beef stock
2 tsp paprika
1 400g can butter beans, drained
salt and peper to taste

Chop meat into chunks with fat removed and fry in a pan with onions until sealed. Medium slice the pepper and courgette and place into slow cooker with meat, onions, beans, chorizo, stock and paprika.

Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 9 hours.

Serve with green veg for 4 people - 2.5 syn on EE and Original if using beans as HE.

This week I did a whole chicken in the slow cooker, I put 4 balls of foil in bottom for it to sit on and added some stock and herbs and a lemon in the cavity and cooked it for 6 hrs on high - if fell apart and was sooooooooo tender. Really easy

Bolognese sauce

Hi
I had a slow cooker for xmas too - have been using it loads as wanted one for ages!

First thing I cooked was a bolognese - just finely chopped onion, carrot, garlic and celery, added mince (not browned) and tinned toms and loads of herbs. Also a bit of balsamic vinegar.
Cooked this overnight - 8 hours on low (during the day I'm out for about 11 hours so would be too long) then reheated in a pan. It is a bit liquidy because you can't reduce it like a normal sauce with the lid on, but can when reheating.
Really nice authentic Italian bolognese yum yum

Slimming World Beef Goulash With Tagliatelle (good for slow cookers)

Taken from Slimming World magazine Jan/feb 2010 Pg 27 Extra easy plan.

Serves 4 (although we did this for 6 people)

This is a great recipe for your slow cooker because you can literally just chuck all the ingredients into your slow cooker and let it work its own magic. So its great for those that work!

My family and guest (who was a child) gave this a 5 out of 5 thumbs up! It was extremely delicious and rich and full of flavour. It will definitely be done again. Kris cooked the sauce and I did the pasta and steamed veg.

Ingredients and preparation :

Goulash:

Fry light
1Ib 8oz/681g Braising steak all fat removed, cut into chunks
Lrg onion, roughly chopped
397g mushrooms sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 1/2 tsp Paprika, (pinch to to garnish)
283g jar flame grilled roasted peppers in vinegar drained and chopped (tip: you can buy these in the 99p store!)
1 level tbsp tomatoe purée
2 tbsp bovril concentrate

Serving with:

400g dried tagliatelle
1/2 savoy cabbage shredded (steamed, we did brocolli as well)
4 tbsp very low fat natural fromage frais

For slow cooker, just chuck everything into for the Goulash into your slow cooker and cook on a slow heat all afternoon!

Casserole version: Heat your frying pan with frylite and fry of the beef til brown to seal, then put it in a casserole dish.

Spray the pan again with frylite and cook the onions then add the mushrooms and garlic for about 5 mins then add the paprika in the last minute, then add this to the casserole dish. then add the peppers, tomatoe puree, Bovril and 1/2 pint boiling water and stir over the heat til until simmering then cover and cook in the oven for two hours, stirring occasionally. Gas Mark 4 or 180C (we did this lower as we have a fan oven)

Serve with the tagliatelle and cabbage on the side, and add the tbsp of fromage fraise on top of each serving of Goulash.

img0588mg.jpg

Back