Syns=1 per portion

5oz dried haricot or butter beans, soaked overnight
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tsp sweetner
10fl oz cold water
seasoning

Drain and dry the beans and throw them with everything else into the slow cooker.
DO NOT ADD SALT AT THIS POINT AS IT WILL MAKE THE BEANS TOUGH!
Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours.
Season and serve!

Cool thanks for posting

Red Velvet Beef Casserole
serve 6-8
syns=neg

Grated rind and juice of 1 orange
1lb cooked (but not pickled!) beetroot, chopped
1 level tbsp sweetner
2-3 cloves garlic
Half pint water
1.5 to 2lb stewing steak, cubed
frylite
2 rounded tsp ground ginger
1 round tbsp plain flour- 3.5 syns
seasoning
fat free from frais

Put beet, orange juice/rind, sweetner,garlic and water into a blender and whizz til smooth.
Spray a fry pan with frylite and brown the meat.
Sprinkle on the ginger and flour.
Pour the beet puree into the pan and heat.
Season.
Carefully transfer to your slow cooker and cover.
Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours.
Serve in individual bowls with the from frais swirled in.

Apparantly ASDA are doing big ones for £7 atm!! xx

Yep they are saw them today, already have one otherwise I would have bought one.

Made today in the slow cooker whilst at work and it was so yummy - had fully intended to have couscous with it but it was so thick and stodgy just had it with corn on the cobs.

1 onion chunky chop
2 cloves of garlic crushed
250g soup mix (barley, split pea & lentil) soaked in water overnight
1/2 large butternut squash in big chunks
1/2 large swede in big chunks
2 large carrot chunky chop
can of button mushrooms
can of butter beans
400ml chicken stock (i think didnt actually measure)
pinch of curry powder, thyme, dried mixed herbs, bayleaf, coriander, pepper

Cook on low for 8-10 hours

Rather late reply I know but about to start SW and really like the sound of this recipe - wouldn't it be free on green (with veg stock) I can't see anything in there that needs pointing but I could be totally wrong?/ Thanks.

This week I did a whole chicken in the slow cooker, I put 4 balls of foil in bottom for it to sit on and added some stock and herbs and a lemon in the cavity and cooked it for 6 hrs on high - if fell apart and was sooooooooo tender. Really easy

Hi would you cover the chicken with stock or just a bit of stock Thanks

I love this thread,guess who has got her slow cooker out of the cupboard and is using it for the first time today:).I have a joint of beef cooking:D .Thank you everyone for your great ideas and recipes.x

I've just bought a slow cooker from Asda at £7. Thanks for all the great ideas on this thread!

I was so impressed with the slow cooker the beef was out of this world.What am i going to try next!!lol:D.x

brought asda slow cooker monday, used twice. brill. first made a butter bean stew (carrots, leaks, butter beans, garlic, swede, vegan stock, and passata) was lovely on the day. just eaten left over and really really nice 3 days later. have also made a leak and potatoe soup, it was nice but have made better. think it was me more than the slow cooker. currently have a veggie chillie on the go, whole house smells good. even the dog is sniffing about.

Got mine on today first time in yonks!!! Got a gammon joint in it resting on celery sticks and sprinkled with onion and just a bit of water in the bottom. Will let you know how it turns out.

Back