SLOW COOKER RECIPES

I have Slimminggirl. It has been fine. I do put in a couple of balls of foil to stop any sticking. Only because I was told I should.

I have also cooked a whole chicken - skin as well. It is so succulent - really. The skin comes off so easily. I keep any juice in the bottom for gravy. I usually keep the gravy to go cold then use it another day. Not much fat though.

Try it, you will be surprised. I ALWAYS put my on low setting.

Thanks for the tips :)

The gammon has been in since 8am this morning on low, I didn't bother cutting the fat off beforehand but I checked it bout an hour ago and the fat literally slid off on it's own, bonus!
It smells amazing, I've put some paprika and some chopped apple in too... can't wait to eat it now :) xx

CHICKEN WITH PEPPERS AND GARLIC
Garlicky Mediterranean style casserole

Serves 4 Syns 1/2 on original 11 on green
Prep time 10 minutes Cooking time 4 hours 15 minutes

1 large red onion, finely diced
1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 pint chicken stock made with Bovril
2 level tablespoons tomato puree
397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
Fry Light
4 x 7oz chicken quarters, skin removed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Hi, please can someone tell me if this will be synned on the extra easy plan too and what would be the cause? The recipe sounds great, I'll definitely be making it soon, thanks :D

Last edited:
I can't see any syns in it. Wonder if the Op was thinking tomato purée should be synned as it used to be

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Weather forecast for up north is abysmal for tomorrow so I'm going to whack a beef casserole in before I go to work tomorrow! Should be done by the time I pick the lil man up from school-can't wait x

One of our favourite recipes to do in the slow cooker is lasagna!
Everyone loves it. I make up a batch of syn free bolognese, layer it into the slow cooker pot starting with a layer of the bolognese, then a layer of pasta and so on.

If we have syns to use up I sometimes put white/bechamel sauce on the top but quite often leave it off.

The top doesn't brown like it would in the oven but the lasagna is so tasty! I put it on for around 3 hours on high or 5 on low.

This sounds amazing, is the recipe here somewhere??

If you go to the thread ---Delicious meals with minimum ingredients-- page 98 # 1461

you will find such a recipe and lots of otherx

Aww, thanks guys! That nearly choked me up!! I'd only popped on here to leave a recipe and I spotted both your lovely comments. :) So kind!

CHICKEN WITH CHORIZO FOR THE SLOW COOKER - Serves 4

4 Syns per serving

6 skinless chicken thighs
220g chorizo, diced - 13 Syns
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 small leeks, thoroughly washed and thickly sliced
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
400g can chopped tomatoes
100ml chicken stock
4 tbsp. sherry - 1.5 Syns

Pre-heat the slow cooker, if necessary.
If you like, you can brown the chicken off on all sides, in a pan sprayed with Frylight. I never bother.
Put the thighs in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Put the chorizo pieces into a non-stick pan and cook until crisped up and all the oils have been released. Chorizo is just about the only ingredient I pre-cook before adding to the slow cooker.
Tip the chorizo, minus the oils, on top of the chicken in the slow cooker.
Just because the chorizo oil is there, you can cook the onion and leeks in the oils for a while, before adding to the slow cooker.
Stir the coriander, thyme, peppers and garlic into the slow cooker.
Add in the tomatoes, chicken stock and sherry and season with black pepper. if you wish to add any salt, take care because of the chorizo, which can be quite salty.
Make sure everything is mixed together.
Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High for 4 hours.

Gorgeous served with mash and lots of crunchy veg.

This is a take on a recipe by a lady called Abbe.

Back