Smashing through the psychological barrier

Sounds like a good plan!

I was ss+ today, with a 50min cardio workout and 2 hours of walking around the local forest with the dog. Tomorrow I'm having lunch w/ friends and then going to an auction previewing - I've never done one of those, so am looking forward to it.
Mon = ss
Tues = CD am, CD dinner and salad for lunch
Wed = see Tues
Thurs-Fri = ss
Not sure what the plans for next weekend are. But you're right - it does help to have a plan as opposed to "winging it".

So yesterday I walked 20k steps :-o That's more than 8.5 miles and included a walk up Primrose Hill. I feel very virtuous. My scales are now reporting a 12.5lb total loss based on this morning (my official weigh in is in the evening), so I think it's actually about 10lb. Pretty good in 2 weeks!

For lunch yesterday I had chicken with grilled aubergines, spinach and Romaneso sauce. Low carb. Delicious. I do think the aubergines were roasted though, and i'm sure there was oil in the sauce as well as almonds, so a fair amount of fat. Better than a full roast dinner though.....

Absolutely delicious and felt no compulsion to join my friends in cake after we'd walked up Primrose Hill. Also had no popcorn or ice-cream at the cinema later on. Must polish my halo.

Didn't go to the North today - felt revoltingly coldy/fluey overnight and couldn't face the 5am start. So fully on track to SS for the day.

Halo is blinding me from over here! :)

well it is my very BEST halo!

How's your day going? Gliding your way through SS?

Look at my lovely chart! (weigh myself twice daily - gets the whole sometimes up, sometimes down thing out of the way!

chart.jpg

Love the chart! If I remember, I'll post mine (it's on my computer at work).
I wouldn't say I'm gliding my way through ss but have had a good day today. Next 2 days I'm in France and I have a client lunch tomorrow and one Thurs. Dieting and business lunches don't always go well together - we'll see.
Hope you are doing well.

Short update today.

Well today was the day we've all been working towards for a year. Manic!! Good though, and v successful.

SS'd all day until this evening. Then met friends for dinner. Had glass & a half of prosecco and chestnut & bacon soup with chanterelles on toast. So I think I'm well & truly out of ketosis, but there weren't too many options on the menu (and I *deserve* a glass of champagne today).

Luckily I don't suffer too badly when I try & get into ketosis. Will have a litre of water or so now and hope it washes through.

So, back on it tomorrow. The next few days will be tricky, with dashing to S Africa and back. Need to be focused. No alcohol. Might take my swimming stuff and see if I can do a few lengths. Focus on the spa in the airline lounge, rather than the food & drink. I need to be kind to myself, but sensible.

ooh and semi-official weigh in (as I can't be weighed tomorrow) - another 4lbs off so that's 11stone 5 now :)

I think I may have stayed in ketosis after all which is good.

Interestingly, in this ,morning's weigh in, I'd put weight on (after eating last night) but I'd lost fat - proof that its not a 'real' gain.

Change of plan tonight, will eat on the plane but stay low carb.

Have a great trip!
When I travel I like to play in the hotel fitness rooms as they have more equipment than I have at home. Swimming also sounds good. Enjoy!

Hi Daisy,

Hope all goes well in SA and you manage to keep that halo shining! xx

Greetings from a sunny South Africa!

29 degrees here, not that I really get to enjoy it, stuck in an air-conditioned office! Not looking forward to landing tomorrow morning though - brrrrrr!

So on the plane over here I had:

Glass of champagne (oops)
No starter
No bread
Grilled chicken & spinach & 1 piece of gnocchi
No wine
No desert
no cheese
no port

So that was pretty good.

Didn't have breakfast on the plane, had my pack for lunch (unexpected, but good) then ate last night. I ordered what I wanted (steak and desert) , ate as much as satisfied me, and enjoyed it. I left over half of it.

Pack for breakfast this morning, pack for lunch. Have now run out of packs, so will have something light in the lounge tonight as I've got a fairly late flight.

Then tomorrow a.m, check the damage on the scales (!), ss during the day, am going to go for a run to see how that feels, then I have a dinner in the evening.

Hope everyone is well - how are your weeks going?

Brrrrr! And wow I'm impressed!!! You stayed really strong on the plane saying no to all those things!!!
Have a good flight back and I'm sure you will have lost weight ! Really good!!!

Great will power, well done :)

Good luck with the scales tomorrow and with your run x

Thanks girls - I'm back!

On the plane home I:

Had a glass of champagne
No Starter
Vegetables for main (courgette & Aubergine & seared leeks)
No bread
1 small glass wine
No desert
no cheese
no port

I've weighed this morning, and since last Tuesday I've put on 0.2lb (i.e. nothing) BUT I have lost 1.2lbs of FAT :-D So there has to be a good couple of pounds of glycogen in there ready to come off!

Right, off for a snooze, then a run, then catching up with diaries later on before dinner tonight! I have 20k steps to do to hit my weekly total, so best get moving!

Hope you're having a great weekend so far - will catch up properly later!

Well done Daisy! Just goes to show that with a bit of attention weight can be managed!!!! Awesome and welcome back!

Had a dreaded trip to Ikea yesterday - and if that wasn't bad enough, I lost my pedometer. Annoying.

Oh well.

Had lovely night out on Saturday night - I let myself have a complete night of freedom.

Observations: I moderated my drinking quite easily - without thinking. Are my tastes changing? Or perhaps I'm actually hydrated, so not throwing drinks back as quickly. Nibbles are my nemesis - as soon as I started on the rice crackers, I was doomed. Didn't have too much main - it was reasonably carb based, but I did have a cupcake (someone's birthday dinner party)

As a result, I came completely out of ketosis (have felt quite hungry today). Another 1lb of fat off, so I think unless I get the glycogen whoosh in the next 24 hours, it may be a 1lb total loss this week - not amazing, but I know the reasons why, and I've got straight back on it.

I have drinks and dinner again tomorrow night - it's Thai food, and I've looked at the menu and decided my low-carb choice. Official weigh in on Wednesday, out for drinks on Thursday, but I can abstain. Then I have a fairly free weekend, so aiming for a decent loss next week.

Onwards and downwards, hope everyone is doing well :)

Official weekly weigh in = 11st 3lb, so now over halfway there! Yippeeeeee! And actually, I've lost 1.8lbs in weight, but 3.4lbs of fat, which means I should have a couple of pounds whoosh of glycogen over the next day or too.

Am hoping that I will hit a stone next week. I have a slightly less nuts week this week, so should be able to SS a fair amount.

Ooh also took my measurements and I've lost:

7cm from my waist
4cm from my hips
2cm from my chest
1.5cm off my arm
5.5cm off my thigh

:-D

Woo hoo! you are just melting away! I love it!

So this week I've managed to forget to take my packs to work 3 times. My CDC has asked if I am self-sabotaging.

Am I? Or am I just disorganised? Although I keep wanting to eat.

I ended up having an omelette for lunch (no cheese)

So I'm in tonight, have a dinner tomorrow night and will probably avoid a lunch on Sunday. Then am out on Tuesday night.

Am hoping for 2lbs off this week which will take me to the stone mark.

Hope everyone's doing ok.

Not sure if you're self-sabotaging - only you can answer that really.
However, if you're making good food choices, you should still lose.
Have a great weekend! Enjoy your meals out!

Back