Smashing through the psychological barrier

So.

A fairly hefty fall off the wagon last night.

Out with one of my best friends who is about to emigrate, so we had champagne and wine and steak and chips (great french place where all they serve is one dish)

But, what's important is what happens now. So today is a ss day, and I'm going to attempt 30 day shred. I really like it, think it gets great results, just concerned about my energy levels. Alternatively, I will walk to oxford st later.

So had two 100% ss days, and I've done the 30 day shred for 3 days in a row.

I've started to listen to two slimpods now to start getting me ready for a normal life with food.

I have dinner out at a fabulous restaurant tonight, so I've checked out the menu to help me make the best choice.

Weighed myself this morning and I'm 0.5lbs off my first stone. Official weigh in tomorrow, so hoping that will come off.

Hi Daisy - sounds like you're doing great! The 30day shred sounds interesting - did you find it on the internet or do you have a DVD?
Hope you had a fab night out and your weigh-in today goes well!

I have a DVD, but you can get it on YouTube. Its quick and easy, but effective which is why I like it!

Official weigh in last night was down 13lbs in total, so *just* missed the stone mark! I was sulky about it last night though. Proper sulky

A loss is a loss though, and on my morning weigh I was 13.5 so soooooo close!

Have stupidly busy 2 weeks coming up, so going to be v difficult to ss as I'm away so much. But, I have to deal with this. Food is not the enemy, and at least this way I can try and ease my way into eating again. Kind of like ss+, only with more sun dried tomatoes.

I can understand being sulky. Sometimes I think my scale is playing mind games with me..... :)

Sulk is over! Weighed yesterday morning and was 11st 1.1lbs - damn these super accurate decimal point scales! 11st 1 would be a stone!

Haven't weighed yet this morning, but will be higher cos I was at a dinner party last night.

Now, this had disaster written all over it, as my ex was there, it was the first time we had seen each the other since the break up and we used to be best friends before we got together - so it wasn't an acrimonious break up, but it was upsetting that we lost each other and we miss each other.

So, in normal circumstances I would turn to my usual emotional crutch, food.

Dinner was pasta bake - not ideal for ketosis! But I had a small portion, plenty of salad, stayed clear of wine and don't have desert. It felt really controlled, but natural - perhaps its the slimpod effect?

And seeing my ex was fine. It was nice to see him and I didn't get too upset.

WIN

Sounds like a great dinner party and you're in the 10s!!! Good weekend for you!

So I'm definitely at the stone mark which is great, even if the 10st 13 was a fluke!

Am having to eat quite a bit at the moment, and not really under circumstances I can control - so Friday night was pasta, last night was burger or pizza and tonight was deep-fried canapes.

So I think I've probably thrown myself out of ketosis, as I've had quite a few carbs, but on the plus side, I haven't cleared my plate, so I'm eating moderately and mindfully.

I'm glad I decided to run the slim pod alongside CD, as I think its helping for the times I have to eat, as well as prepping me for the return to 3 meals a day.

I'm going to lose more slowly than the 100% ss-ers, but this is fitting with my lifestyle yet giving me baby steps to learning how to eat.

Out for dinner tomorrow night, then away for next 3 days, so plan is:
Tuesday: ss during day, salad or chicken for dinner. No wine.
Weds: ss during day, soup & sea bass in evening (don't usually eat fish, so will encourage me to eat slowly.
Thurs & Fri: ss during day, eat in evening
Weekend - away with friends. Will have to eat.

Good luck! I know how tough it is with travel, client lunches/dinners.... slower losses are still losses and are GOOD!!! :)

So its been a while since my last update, been pretty much away for 2 weeks straight, making ss almost impossible.

So, I'm currently 10st 13.5 which is where I've been for the last couple of weeks. Annoying, but not unexpected.

I'm aiming for 10st 7 for Christmas and 10st for Jan 12th which is when I go on holiday.

Once again I'm away quite a bit this week, so think its time to up the exercise. I suppose I've been doing some form of 1000 calorie plan - I'm definitely out of ketosis, but appetite is small.

Feeling a bit like I'm treading water with no losses, but thinking about it:
- I've lost 15.5lbs
- I've listened to my slim pod for 21 days
- I've not binged once, or overeaten
- I've really enjoyed what I've eaten when I've eaten
- I fit in a Karen Millen size 12 today :-D

So I guess that's not bad in a month and a half.....

Daisy that is really good going! I'm also,aiming for about half a stone before Chrismtas and I have to knuckle down andbe stricter. This really is difficult as e closer to goal one gets the more difficult it becomes. It's a case of gritting our teeth and getting through the next few weeks.

Its grat they you enjoys the food and more or less maintained as that's maintenance and you're getting a feel for what you can eat and how much once you are at goal.

With you on that! I know I really have to knuckle down but it can be done! I have a Londoners weekend on 14 Dec and will be acting out on 15 December so one day I will have to very mindful of choices I make for food and I'll need to mentally prepare myself for exactly what I will allow myself I had.

I did this last time I was in London with the same friends and did ok. The next event prior to Christmas will be 21 Dec when I will have to be extremely careful. I've purposely kept it to two engagements and not the usual a night out overly week! So really I have no excuses not to be be very strict the rest of the days between now and Christmas.

Hi Ladies - is this the place to come for the "7lbs by Christmas/end Dec" challenge? Sign me up! :)

me too! temptation is too strong for just letting it all go to pot for the month of dec cause of all the social activity...gotta hang in there!!!

Ok we can NAIL this. Scale was 10st 12.8 this morning, so that's my first half pound. I'm due a bit of a whoosh I think. Am away for next few days, but this challenge will keep me motivated.

Morning! Ok scale said 8st 13lb 8oz this morning. However, I caved into an urge that I have resisted since losing 23lbs from September and I had a mini binge! A large glass of wine, 3 rice cakes, 1 large packet of crisps 2 Thorntons chocolate and I didn't enjoy any of it. I subconsciously knew I could cave in and had planned an early night but........caved in. I read my old journals and I seem to self sabotage the closer I get to goal. I know I have never given in to these urges in this way for a while and I felt awful whilst doing it so hopefully it is out of the way and I won't do it again. I told my husband and he has spurred me to lose 7lbs by Christmas Eve if not before. He is very supportive (I did a secret binge so he couldn't intervene! Must go read brain over binge again as I haven't read that for a while and it was keeping me on track). So fresh and focused start. I am not regaining the weight I have lost! Ever again!

Back