Smashing through the psychological barrier

Oh my God Kira, me too!

I also had a binge this week - Wednesday night, and really struggled to get back on track since, so have basically put a pound back on.

100% ss today and tomorrow should get me back on it, and I'm actually staying in London all week which will be easier, but I'm behind on my goal!

It frustration I think . Being close but not close enough for me. I think as long as we don't to it too often the once in a while we just have to practice not caving into the urge to binge and if we do we have to deal with it immediately and get back to sensible eating.

Not something I did previously but definitely will do and I think I'm doing it now as I do not ever want to regain any of that weight again.

Gritted my teeth and have done 100% ss today, with the aid of plenty of green tea.

Same again tomorrow, and I might still be within a shout of 7lbs and reaching goal (BMI of 25) by Christmas!

Have felt quite low today. Not sure why. Have been thinking about my ex a lot.

I think that the sane part of my brain has finally figured out that although he was lovely in many ways he wasn't a very good boyfriend, and the insane part doesn't like that one bit and is trying to remember why I miss him.

Still managed not to eat though.

How's your day been Kira? Fingers crossed for a no-binge day.

Morning Daisy. I had an ok day yesterday around 900 calories and very short stint at the gym. Part of me would like to do a stint of a few days on vlcd 100% but my bmi is under 25 and I advice on minis is not to. Notwithstanding the bmi aspect I just don't think I could do a full skim and save day in any event.

The in and out of the 8's is frustrating me more than ever and I just seem to be maintaining. I have booked a session with a personal trainer on Tuesday and see if getting pushed on the exercise front will help.

In respect of your ex I understand that there will be a sense of missing him and that you naturally feel low. However remember why it wasn't working out and the emotions you felt back then. There is nothing worse than continuing a relationship that is not working because before you know it months or years have gone by leaving you wondering why didn't I get out of it sooner.

Have another 100% day today. X

Weigh in this morning - 10st 10.8 - yippee!! My 2 days of 100% ss have paid off :) so that's just over 2lbs towards our 7lb challenge!!

Out for lunch today, but was eating with chopsticks, so think that made me eat less than usual!

Ticker hasn't updated I don't think, but I've got 5lbs to goal :)

Weel,done! Well oh and Tizz are Looking like winners already! I only lost one pound! But hey! It's a loss not a sts and a gain! So 6 pounds left for me. It helps me focus to have the 8st 7 lb goal in mind as it doesn't seem unachiveable. However I start panicking when I think my ultimate goal is 8st it seems so far away.

I couldn't update my ticker either and I think Tizzy was having problems too.

OK official weigh on day, and it was 10st 10.7 so that's 2.5 of the 7 down, with just short of 2 weeks left. If I can do another 2.5 each week that would get me there.

So plan is to go full power for ads long as I can pre- Christmas, then do 1 meal a day on Christmas Eve, day & boxing day, then back to ss to NYE when I have a fabulous dinner out planned. Then ss up till 11th Jan when I go on holiday :)

Sounds like you are ready for the holidays!!! Very good! I figure to be careful on the days I eat out and be strict on all other days. We'll get through it!

So yesterday was 149.8lbs and this morning 150.1, so that's a definite 10stone 10 and 3.5 of the 7lb challenge I think

I ate THREE meals yesterday for the first time in 2 months! Actually going to try and estimate calories in mfp (Lebanese mezze could be tricky)

I think I need to watch the mindful eating as well as making good choices, but I think my new standard portion size is considerably smaller which is good.

Xmas party tonight, but as I'm on a 7 am flight tomorrow morning I think it will be a mild one!

You are a star! Doing fab and so close! As for the challenge, I just ain't gonna make it! Enjoy the party and keep doing what you're doing and you may even be at goal for New year! Only 4 fat b***gers to shift!

Daisy, does this mean you've broken through your psychological barrier? or is that this week's challenge? :)

Have a good trip!

Oh Tiz, yes I dipped under the psychological barrier, but predictably haven't stopped eating since.

Weigh in this morning was 10st 13 :-(

My own fault, and I have a choice. I can carry on stuffing my face, or I can get things back under control.

Positives:
I weighed myself ( would normally avoid the scales)
I went for a run and did my shred this morning

Going to have a ss day today and tomorrow, Christmas day and boxing day off then back on ss until holiday.

Those mental barriers can be brutal! My first goal was 10st10 and I danced all around it when I got close. I think we get skittish and a little nervous when we get close and then sabotage ourselves. The good news is that you, me, Kira, etc., we haven't given up and we keep working it. Losses may slow down, but we're all heading in the right direction.

Doing SS today and tomorrow will definitely help knock that extra 3lbs on its side and then you can enjoy Xmas and Boxing Day. Not enjoying the season and being with your family/friends and the great food (some of which you only eat in this season) and drink would be to deprive yourself - even if you choose to do it - and, at least for me, it would backfire. So I'd rather enjoy in moderation and manage my weight to not gain, than to risk going on a complete binge.

You're very close to goal!!! Too close to lose it now! In January we will get there and all be working on maintenance - which actually has me more worried than the diet. Hmmmm have to make sure I don't sabotage self so as not to move to maintenance mode.

Enjoy your Sunday!

So I start the new year on 10st 11.7 which is 2lbs lighter than the 1st December and a stone lighter than I was a year ago. I should also remember that in October I was 12st 3

I would have liked to have started the new year at goal, but instead I'll get to healthy bmi for holiday in 12 days time. That's a 5lb loss, but if I ss full power its doable ( particularly as I'll have about 3 lbs of glycogen to come straight off)

I'm actually really glad the festive season's over and everyone's now on diets etc cos it means less eating out & drinking.

I want 2013 to be a healthy and happy one. I'd like to end the year lighter than I start it.

My commitments for the next 12 days:

1. SS 100% for 8/12 days
2. Listen to my slim pod each night
3. Exercise on 8/12 days

Happy new year Daisy! I'm with you on glad festivities are over!

I have similar commitments in that plan to s&s for January with added protein & veg meal. Needmthat as I have sessions with personal trainer & need it for excercising. Had sessions yesterday and can barely walk today! Have another tomorrow morning.

I need the simplicity of packs and regular routine to help me mentally focus as I now have 18lbs to lose instead of 13lbs! Never mind I enjoyed time with family & friends and I feel positive about my relationship with food can be controlled.

Very quick update as im feeling v tempted to eat something!

Weighed in at 10st 9.9lbs this morning which is under my 10-10 barrier - just! And is also back to where I was on Dec 15.

Good.

I really want to be 10-6 *something* by a week on Saturday. That would make me healthy weight for height for the first time since I was about 22.

Have done 2 days of 100% ss, and on day 3 resisted temptation of pizza at lunchtime, but now my tummy's rumbling. More water needed and perhaps a jasmine tea.

I lost 9 lbs in my first 2 weeks of ss when I started, so I'm hoping I can do 6 lbs this time. Another 3.5 from now to next Saturday would make me v happy.

Right. Snacking averted. Time for some herbal tea and a pint of water.

Keep drinking the tea/water! It'll help as you well know. It's hard to get past the temptations but just imagine how you'll feel at 10st6 - well and truly below your 10st10 barrier!!!! And at a normal BMI as well. It's all good!!!

I'm with you - tummy is growling. Am off for a cup of tea!

You're doing fab! Well done!

I'm feeling miserable and sorry for myself today but determined to complete a S&S day. An hour at a time for me today!

Back