Total Solution Smidge's 2016 Diary :)

smidge87

Rubenesque
So... I'm a typical yo-yo dieting female who has conquered exante once before losing about 4 stone in 3 months for a summer holiday. That was 2 years ago and now I'm back, bigger than my starting weight then!

Anyway, no point dwelling too much on the past. I'm here now and I will do it again I know I can :)

I've got a holiday in April which I would like to lose 3 stone for. We are only going to the seaside but I hate eating chips and ice cream feeling as though everyone is looking at me thinking I've already had my fair share :rolleyes:

Day one is nearly over. Choc-orange shake, pasta & ham soup and curry. Not bad but I don't think I have had enough water and my head is trobbing so I'm off for a bath and bed!

Last edited:
Well done Smidge. I'm hoping to lose 3 stones by the end of April, so similar targets! What was the pea and ham soup like?

Good luck smidge. Like you I have an awful headache and need to drink more. I totally get the ice cream and chips thing. I hate eating snacks in public as I'm sure people are thinking "no wonder she's so fat"

Lol exactly, it's like you can just feel people's eyes on you every time you put something in your mouth.

It's pasta and ham, and mushroom I think. I think it's really nice as it's creamy but has the pasta in it to bulk it out. I can imagine it being an acquired taste though as many of the exante products are!

Feeling much better this morning already, I think my body knows the score from starting so many times :D Weighed in this morning and am only 15st3 which is great considering I guessed myself to be nearer 16st! Had my chocolate shake (still disappointed that they changed the recipe) and got myself a glass of water. Off into town in a bit for coffee with the girls so I'll probably grab a nice fruit tea or something - not strictly on plan but better than a latte!

Have a lovely day ladies :)

Have a lovely day Smidge. Pleased you're feeling better

Thanks Lynne, it is hard when you're not feeling good, wonder why you bother!!!

Rounding off day 2 with deliciously different beef and black bean which is quite yummy. Had the indian dhall version earlier which was also really yummy so I know what most of my order will be once I get Jan out of the way! :)

Night ladies, good luck for anyone going back to work tomorrow!

Just popping in to say hello smidge, you're really well! I should have started yesterday but didn't feel quite ready as had a long drive but today went absolutely fine and also managed an hour swim. Bit of a headache but apart from that I feel fine. Really hoping to lose over a stone by beginning of Feb x

Thanks Lynne, it is hard when you're not feeling good, wonder why you bother!!!

Rounding off day 2 with deliciously different beef and black bean which is quite yummy. Had the indian dhall version earlier which was also really yummy so I know what most of my order will be once I get Jan out of the way! :)

Night ladies, good luck for anyone going back to work tomorrow!
I had those this time too. Will definitely be getting them again!

Aah first day at work over and I am feeling quite drained! It's amazing how staring at a screen most of the day can make you feel so tired.

Managed to get two shakes in and I'm just munching down a yummy curry with rice and a glass of sparking water :) I've had a couple of fruit teas today to keep me going but I don't think it will make much difference. If it shows on the scales then I might change my mind lol!

Off to the bingo in a bit with my Mum which will keep me busy and you never know I might even win something haha!

Hope everyone is having a lovely day?

Well done Smidge. I reckon this is the year we'll succeed!

Good luck on the bingo :0) I like to play online but spend too much!

Morning ladies!

No luck on the bingo this week :( but was a win for the diet as it kept me away from snacks! Got home and the OH was cooking his dinner, no idea why he couldn't have done it in the 3 hours I was out to save me having to smell it?! Sometimes men just don't think lol!

Just got to work waiting for my pc to power up with my strawberry and mango tea. Hope everyone has a good day! :)

Wow, what a sobering day that turned out to be. One work colleague was told her Mum had a stroke and we were also told that one of our colleagues had passed away last night after losing her battle with cancer :(

My Mum's Dad also passed away from cancer before Christmas which has been on my mind but after today I'm 100% dedicated to this diet now and maintaining, not just to fit into 'those jeans' or to look good on the beach but also to try and increase my life expectancy!

Hope everyone is well today?

Hi Smidge things like that definitely put things into perspective...last year whilst we were on holiday in Florida my Dad had a heart attack (mum didn't tell me found out when we landed home)and he was in Intensive care. He made a recovery thank god but his diet and 'apple' shape contributed and I thought I need to be healthy as I'm the exact same shape as him...thin arms, legs, no arse, titty challenged but a huge belly!!! Which as we all know is the worst shape!!im cursed
Sorry you've had bad news at work and family bereavement I agree getting into nice slim jeans drives me but I also like you want to increase my life expectancy..
Hope you have a better day tommorow
Spanner

Wow, what a sobering day that turned out to be. One work colleague was told her Mum had a stroke and we were also told that one of our colleagues had passed away last night after losing her battle with cancer :(

My Mum's Dad also passed away from cancer before Christmas which has been on my mind but after today I'm 100% dedicated to this diet now and maintaining, not just to fit into 'those jeans' or to look good on the beach but also to try and increase my life expectancy!

Hope everyone is well today?
What an awful day! Certainly makes you think. Like you I want to lose weight to live longer

Thanks Ladies, I think it has certainly given me and some other people a new perspective!

Had a good day today, nice day at work and then went for a job interview which I think went well so fingers crossed!! :) All good on the diet front too, just eaten my last pack a yummy beef & black bean pot. My OH is cooking SFC wings which smell a-ma-zing!!! :eating:

Still I'm sure this will be another 100% day.

Hope everyone else is well?

Sorry to hear you had such a bad day yesterday and fair play to you for not falling off the wagon as emotional stuff makes me want to eat!

Really sorry to hear your sad news, hope you're ok. My grandma got diagnosed with cancer before Xmas too and doesn't have very long left. Just trying to take each day as it comes really and know what you mean about losing weight for the long term. We can do this xx

Sorry to hear you had such a bad day yesterday and fair play to you for not falling off the wagon as emotional stuff makes me want to eat!

Haha definitely agree, I'm like... "I'm sad - let's eat!" .... "I'm happy - let's eat!" ... "Congratulations - let's eat!" etc :p

Really sorry to hear your sad news, hope you're ok. My grandma got diagnosed with cancer before Xmas too and doesn't have very long left. Just trying to take each day as it comes really and know what you mean about losing weight for the long term. We can do this xx

I'm sorry to hear your news, I hope that she does not suffer too much in the meantime!

We can definitely do this :)

So another day draws to an end and I made it through, yay!!

Had a meeting today out of my office which usually means a catered lunch of yummy sandwiches, crisps and cake but the meeting finished before lunch so I made my excuses to get back on the road and munched my bar on the way home. Quite pleased with myself :)

Sipping on a nice strawberry and mango tea and then it's off to bed!

Night everyone!

Back