Total Solution Smidge's 2016 Diary :)

Hi Smidge, I knew you'd smash your goal! :0clapper:
VLDCs are hard on the social life - that's why my hubs was so upset at me - it's that much more i'll have to continue and that much more i have to turn down sit down dinners etc from friends and family.
Are you comfortable losing the last third on SW? I don't really know that plan, but I'm always hearing people talk about it.

Great loss Smidge - well done! :D

Sounds like you have a good plan for the future too :)

Thanks ladies :D

I have done SW before and I really liked it. They give you a set of foods you can eat "as much as you like" so there is none of this weighing and counting. Obviously there are rules about your plate having to be 1/3 veg and things like that but generally it just teaches you to cook from scratch and make healthier alternatives to takeaways and that. It will probably take as long to lose the rest as it has taken me to lose what I have on exante :rolleyes: but this is a future proofing plan, a way to eat better forever :)

Thanks ladies :D

I have done SW before and I really liked it. They give you a set of foods you can eat "as much as you like" so there is none of this weighing and counting. Obviously there are rules about your plate having to be 1/3 veg and things like that but generally it just teaches you to cook from scratch and make healthier alternatives to takeaways and that. It will probably take as long to lose the rest as it has taken me to lose what I have on exante :rolleyes: but this is a future proofing plan, a way to eat better forever :)

ok, so guess your head is in the right place if you're acknowledging it'll take more time but you're not bothered by it. You mentioned swimming, so is that your regular sport?
I don't know where I'm going after Exante, but I was thinking of doing Jillians 12 week plan - it's low calorie but at least it's food, but more importantly it's builds muscle which I need for running, biking etc
Might have a look at SW for after that so 2017 probably

I'm going to do Exante until target - it works for me :)

....and I have a very significant amount still to lose o_O

For maintenance, my plan is 5:2 as that looks very achievable

.....and I should certainly be well used to the 'fast' days by then! :rolleyes:

I'm going to do Exante until target - it works for me :)

....and I have a very significant amount still to lose o_O

For maintenance, my plan is 5:2 as that looks very achievable

.....and I should certainly be well used to the 'fast' days by then! :rolleyes:

5:2 also saw this plan - you eat a number of calories 5 days and fast for 2 right? All this is interesting. What works for me is team sports. Once you're on a team and you've got people depending on you, you make the effort to show up at practice - and it makes a difference for me.

Well done smidge. Being back in the 12s must feel amazing.

Not sure what I'm going to do after this diet yet. Just researching lots at the moment. I'd like to be low carb and limit the processed food. Maybe more plant based. I feel so much better without sugar but I know it has to be a lifestyle change forever as I don't want to do this again.

well done Smidge :) our target weight loss goal is virtually the same & like you I'm thinking ahead on what to do when my shakes run out, I've been looking at healthy eating, nutrition etc., & how many carbs I can have daily to still lose weight/maintain & that won't send me into a carb frenzy !! I've heard that SW achieves some great weight losses :)

Well done on the weight loss Smidge x

Great loss Smidge, and congrats on achieving your goal of reaching the 12s this week :winner:

A VLCD is fantastic for quick weight loss but a pain when it comes to family and socializing. Luckily I've been able to avoid too many "eating" events using "busy at work" as an excuse (which I actually am) and get out of them, or plan them into the diet like my planned week off.

SW does seem good as a long term plan. A couple I know are on SW, have been for ages, and it has totally changed the way they eat. They've lost all their weight and now are maintaining well. Now you've made good inroads on your weight loss moving tio SW for the last third and then maintenance is a good move :)

Thank you all for the congrats! :) I'm glad my onward plan sounds good to you guys. I really just want to keep this weight off this time.

I've been struggling for the last couple days. I just want out now lol I only strayed the tiniest bit. I had a tiny bit of my OH's hotdog on Sunday night and last night I have 2/3 bits of chorizo. Nothing too major but I know me and I know when my resolve starts to crumble it's a downward spiral. If I have to come off before my 3 weeks are out I will, rather than risk a total relapse!!

Hope everyone else is still hanging on in there lol :)

You're right smudge, but can you identify what set it off?
Might help if you've identified what happened... is it like this since you've had the talk with your OH?
We'll support you however we can - just bear in mind if you stayed till the end of March and began your refeed... you'd be good too

Lol probably just that I'm bored of "eating" shakes for most of my meals :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm still here and still TS lol

Off to the cinema tonight with OH but have packed a CD bonus bar and a sparking water so I'm good to go :)

Hope the film was good :)

Evening ladies! How are we all? :)

The film was terrible. Just people getting shot for almost 3 hours!! I would never recommended The Hateful 8 to anyone!

Hanging on to TS by the skin of my teeth lol... 17 days to go o_O

Was thinking about the cinema at the weekend, won't bother with that then :(

Keep at TS - not long to go now :D

Back