Total Solution Smidge's 2016 Diary :)

I have generally had to lose a stone at least in the past before I go down a dress size.

I am currently sitting on a 12lb loss and still not into smaller clothes, but my "fat" jeans are not so tight and do look better for not having any muffin top! I am resisting trying on clothes the next size down in my wardrobe to present disappointment - I will wait until I am pulling my jeans up!

Anyway, dress size is relative to body shape - even when I was "skinny" at 8 stone I still wore size 14 tops.

Feeling a bit better today thanks Darcy :)

Still a bit grumpy as my colleague has now dropped into the 12's. We started about the same weight but she started December so really trying not to beat myself up as that is a whole month and on a vlcd that is forever!!

Had a good day diet wise. My OH is home at last :) but he got me some Swedish chocolate to try so that'll have to go in the cupboard for a few weeks meh!!

Worth it in the long run :)

Still a bit grumpy as my colleague has now dropped into the 12's. We started about the same weight but she started December so really trying not to beat myself up as that is a whole month and on a vlcd that is forever!!

Had a good day diet wise. My OH is home at last :) but he got me some Swedish chocolate to try so that'll have to go in the cupboard for a few weeks meh!!

Wow Smidge, that's some will power, that Swedish Chocolate would be in my tum right now :eek: , I haven't got any naughties in the house, can't be trusted with them o_O , out of sight out of mind only works with me lol. I know what you mean about your colleague going down into the 12's, but you've done tremendously well so far and not to forget, you both will have different BMI's depending on your height, that's also important.

I hope your having a cracking day ! :D I went on the Exante website last night, just to have a browse. It's a lot cheaper than SnS, I'm thinking, haven't decided yet, but after my op I could come join you all on Exante to complete my journey to target. Hmm lots to think about. I'll be bothering you some more Smidge to findout about the products and what's nice, I know its an individual choice, but would be nice to know the popular products with everyone. Their desserts look yummy, but don't know if I would order those, that's why I never order the SnS bars, because their way too yummy for a vlcd ! :p .. and I can't be trusted to stop at one :rolleyes: .

Kay xx

Well done on your weight loss to date Smudge. I bet you'll be a couple of dress sizes smaller for your beach hols at least. XX

Your colleague has a whole month on you and as Kay003 says, everybody is different, so you really can't compare.

Lock the chocolate away :)

Yes a month on a vlcd is a long month :) but the results are brilliant.
I've lost a stone and a half and I've not gone down a size yet as lots have come off my regular boney parts, not where I tend to store fat. What I remember when I lost nearly 5 stone is that it was only when I was a stone away that my figure changed remarkably. Up until then my face and collarbones just got skinnier

I've lost a stone and a half and I've not gone down a size yet as lots have come off my regular boney parts, not where I tend to store fat. What I remember when I lost nearly 5 stone is that it was only when I was a stone away that my figure changed remarkably. Up until then my face and collarbones just got skinnier
Wow Angie, you've just described me there :eek: , I'm slowly vanishing from my face and collar bones, but my bit fat tum and arse ain't going nowhere :p . When I did SW I lost just over 5 stone and the same thing happened, it wasn't until the very last stone, that all the stubborn bits finally left. Oh well back to the grindstone we go ! :rolleyes:

(Sorry for hijacking Smidge :D)

Kay xx

I know! When I'm 13.7 and more than 1.5stone from goal, I tend to get the comments about not needing to lose any more, just because my high cheekbones poke through, but I still have stacks to lose on my belly.
When I get nearer that weight I'm going to need some hand holding, because the outside pressure not to lose anymore is quite vocal and the need to lose it not so great.

I want to get to at least 12 stone, that's right on the highest bmi I should be. 11.7lb would be better

Anyway, I'm a couple of months off having to worry looking too thin lol!

Wow Smidge, that's some will power, that Swedish Chocolate would be in my tum right now :eek: , I haven't got any naughties in the house, can't be trusted with them o_O , out of sight out of mind only works with me lol. I know what you mean about your colleague going down into the 12's, but you've done tremendously well so far and not to forget, you both will have different BMI's depending on your height, that's also important.

I hope your having a cracking day ! :D I went on the Exante website last night, just to have a browse. It's a lot cheaper than SnS, I'm thinking, haven't decided yet, but after my op I could come join you all on Exante to complete my journey to target. Hmm lots to think about. I'll be bothering you some more Smidge to findout about the products and what's nice, I know its an individual choice, but would be nice to know the popular products with everyone. Their desserts look yummy, but don't know if I would order those, that's why I never order the SnS bars, because their way too yummy for a vlcd ! :p .. and I can't be trusted to stop at one :rolleyes: .

Kay xx

Your colleague has a whole month on you and as Kay003 says, everybody is different, so you really can't compare.

Lock the chocolate away :)

You are so right ladies and I really appreciate the pep talk. I've really tried to put it to the back of my head now even though she keeps coming in flaunting her loss around the office lol. I can't be distracted by being miserable about her weight. I just wish I didn't have to lose so much to actually look any different lol my body is probably being a stubborn moo and punishing me for putting on the weight in the first place :rolleyes: Oh and @Kay003 any questions just ask, I've not tried everything but hopefully I can be some help :)

Well done on your weight loss to date Smudge. I bet you'll be a couple of dress sizes smaller for your beach hols at least. XX

Thank you :) I hope so!!

Having a good day today. Perfect diet-wise so far and my OH has now joined me on the exante wagon so if he carry's on I won't have any delicious tempting food smells :)

The Swedish chocolate is still intact haha - it's not actually the only thing I've got... I've got a little box in the cupboard and if I say I fancy something my OH usually buys it and puts it in there for when I'm done dieting. I won't tell you what is in it or you'll all want to eat it haha ;)

Done a bit of extra walking today. I usually walk to work (15 mins) and back twice a day but today I did it 4 times. Haven't been to the gym all week as the OH has been away and I don't much like leaving the house and coming home to it empty. Will probably go back Monday.

Off to see my sister tonight, hope she hasn't got too many treats! Hope everyone is having a good week :)

Hi Smidge I know what you mean about losing a dress size, after losing about 25lbs I can get into my 16s (still a little snug though) but my 18s look hideous ! my weight has lost in different places this time mainly shows on my face & arms, & very slowly everywhere else, but like you I'm determined to lose those stones & before you know it your be getting into the next dress size x

Definitely know how you feel ladies. I've gone from a size 20 down to an 18 and I have a long way to go before the general blob body shape changes. I should be in a 16 comfortably when I hit about 217lbs (16lbs more to lose!) but its the jump from 16 down to 14 that takes about 3 stone! I'm one of those people who put on weight everywhere, not just my belly, so its a looooong slow process. Bodies are just silly ;-) But keep up the good work and you will get there before you know it! x

Definitely know how you feel ladies. I've gone from a size 20 down to an 18 and I have a long way to go before the general blob body shape changes. I should be in a 16 comfortably when I hit about 217lbs (16lbs more to lose!) but its the jump from 16 down to 14 that takes about 3 stone! I'm one of those people who put on weight everywhere, not just my belly, so its a looooong slow process. Bodies are just silly ;-) But keep up the good work and you will get there before you know it! x

I know what u mean. It takes me ages to get to a good shape, but it does mean that at the end of the process my body changes shape quickly. So I can poodle along from nearly 18 stone down 4 stone and no one much bats an eyelid, but lose another stone/stone and a half and everyone notices.....I'm going to be at that point by summer....yay!

What a FANTASTIC day!! My OH and I managed to get standby tickets for the filming of the new Red Dwarf yesterday. I had to start work early so I could leave work early and didn't know if we would even get in as it was all based on people with actual tickets not turning up. Anyway, somehow we managed to get down the M1 and M25 without anyone selfishly crashing into each other and causing a traffic jam AND we got in on standby :D :D :D

I actually can't believe how lucky we were and I'm so thrilled. It was the first time I've ever been to a TV filming and to see something I genuinely love was just amazing. I'm still in shock that the cast were right there near me a few hours ago haha how sad am I!

Suppose I should update diet-wise lol .... all good. Did shake for breakfast and lunch then took a bar to the show. Ate that afterwards in the car as I didn't think it would be a good idea to have curry when I got in and go straight to bed. Didn't get to drink much water from 5pm-11pm as I was at the show and that so not great but nevermind. My OH has just ordered himself chicken and chips.. he didn't make it very long, he gave in last night :p

Better get myself off to bed (if I can sleep) ready for college tomorrow!

Night ladies xx

Last edited:
Wow! Lucky you two seeing the filming, I love Red Dwarf.
X

Hope college goes well today

Back