SnS and gallbladder

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
I lost copious amounts of weight several years ago but since last summer I have struggled to keep it off. I had a thoroughly miserable job and suffered from IBS and gallstones. Back in January I had my gallbladder out and never really pulled myself together. Now I've put on two and a half stone. I'm gutted. On the positive side, I started a new job this week and I'm starting slim and save today. I'm determined to be happy with myself again. But I wondered if, now I don't have a gallbladder, that it might have an impact on weight loss? Has anyone had this surgery done and been successful with weightloss? I'm dreading I might have to accept I'll always be fat :(

I lost copious amounts of weight several years ago but since last summer I have struggled to keep it off. I had a thoroughly miserable job and suffered from IBS and gallstones. Back in January I had my gallbladder out and never really pulled myself together. Now I've put on two and a half stone. I'm gutted. On the positive side, I started a new job this week and I'm starting slim and save today. I'm determined to be happy with myself again. But I wondered if, now I don't have a gallbladder, that it might have an impact on weight loss? Has anyone had this surgery done and been successful with weightloss? I'm dreading I might have to accept I'll always be fat :(

I had my gall bladder removed when i was 21 this has not stopped me losing weight on this diet nor on other diets. Once your packs arrive you will soon see the weight loss so dont worry about it as long as you stick to the plan it will work fine.

Good luck :)

I had my gallbladder out last August. Started SnS mid January and have lost 2.5 stone since, and thats been with the odd cheat here and there.

I wouldn't worry! I think the main reason people put weight on after gb surgery is because they can start eating fatty foods again! Personally I struggle with fat and carbs since my surgery so this diet had been perfect.

Back