so angry at myself!!!

dreamer85

hi guys, so i've been doing the atkins for 2 weeks or so now, and i've lost 11lbs (woooo!)

however, yday, i thought i would be able to have doner kebab meat with salad and garlic mayo... but now i think i may have knocked myself out of ketosis :(

i woke up this morning and didnt have the horrible smell/taste in my mouth and couldnt really smell any ketones in my urine either.

i had read these forums and thought it was ok to have doner meat, the whole family was getting a take away so i thought i would treat myself :sigh:

Hi, I'm by no means an expert as I'm relatively new myself however I would say don't worry just yet, i don't have the taste in my mouth every day I think it varies sometimes depending on stuff like how much water I've drunk. The only way to know really is by what the scales say at the end of the week.

I'm usually fine with donner, I have it about once a fortnight as a treat - watch out for the garlic mayo tho cos some of them vary hugely in carbs (i think some brands have sugar in). I always make my own with hellmans so I know whats in it.

Good luck

Hi you'll probs be ok. And you know what if you enjoyed it as a treat it was probably worth it anyway. You know exactly how to eat now to get results so just step back on it. I had kebab with salad and garlic sauce the other night and I'm fine. In fact i even had it during my induction weeks and still lost a very good amount. So don't worry. If you see a problem when you weighin maybe try a different kebab shop next time as different shops have different quality meats and different fillers. Even if they do affect you, if you have it as a one off treat every now and again I wouldn't blame you. Some people say Atkins bars stall them a little but a few still have one now and again as their treat. So go easy on yourself and don't panic

Aye, one thing to watch with the garlic is whether its mayo or sauce.....the sauce will be packed with carbs :(

Thanks guys, i feel so much better after reading ur feedback. Ive been extra good today just plenty of protein and greens, i guess il find out for sure when i weigh in on monday eek!

i think donner is ok as long as its real meat. there is a chipper round here and it sure dont look like natural meet....think ill stay clear

Back