So here goes... Again!

I'm with you Teasey! Today was my PP day and I have to say I was oddly comforted to be back to the Cruise way of eating. Still not there on Conso... I just don't want to undo my last 6 weeks of really hard work and perserverence. I'll get there... slowly! On the plus side, I do appreciate having the opportunity to have variety and its actually making me eat less as I'm not constantly thinking about food.

It's an odd time isn't it Jess. I'm still petrified of slipping as I feel my mindset has changed. For example, today a colleague was circulating a bag of chocs (Grr) - last week I wouldn't have even looked at her. Today I actually considered it. Granted only for about ten seconds until my brain went "what are you doing-of course you can't have one!" But still-the thought was there...

Grr pesky hayfever is back today with a vengeance. I usually get it much earlier in the year so I thought I was getting away with it. Rocking the red nose and bulging watery eyes this morning-surprisingly not a good look for me...

Ok I have a confession. This will be gruesome reading but there is a lesson to be learned from it...

Yesterday started out as a good day:
B: oatbran biscuits and a Muller
L: tuna with mixed leaf salad, cherry tomatoes and quark
S: bread and cheese allowance made into a sambo with tomato

After work I had a client event in town and it went on til almost 11. On the way home I was waiting in the station. It was late, I was tired and I was hungry. And there was a McDonald's... you can guess the rest

Anyway there I was on the train with the offending brown bag full of carbs, fat and salt and I honestly felt like a was holding a bomb and there was a big siren over my head ATTENTION CAN THE LADY WITH THE FAST FOOD PUT HER HANDS IN THE AIR AND STEP AWAY FROM THE BURGER

I'm sure nobody on the train cared what I was eating but I felt like everyone was staring at me! And then when I ate my chips... well they were DISGUSTING. Honest. I could just taste the grease and nothing else. They made me feel sick-urgh yuck. After all that I didn't even enjoy them

So anyway, the moral of the story is nomatter how much I thought It was a good idea-fast food is never the answer. The idea of it is much better than the reality. Yes, I fell off the wagon-but at least I know I won't be doing it again in a hurry. Urgh I can still kinda taste the grease in my mouth...

That's one of the worst for temptation - when you're feeling so very hungry and there's an easy option like fast food right in front of you. At least you know now that it's not worth it. I actually found that some of the foods I ate for Conso galas that I'd been craving during Attack and Cruise didn't taste anywhere near as good as I'd imagined they would. I really think that this diet can help to change your tastes for the healthier.

Is there any way that you can carry some emergency rations (eg, biltong, hard boiled eggs etc) with you if there's a chance of the same thing happening again?

In the meantime, you probably know the drill already - plenty of water, etc.

Fingers crossed that the scales will be kind on your next weigh-in. And, as you say, it's a good lesson learned.

Poor you on the train, though, imagining the warning sirens and all! I think I'd probably be the same! :)

Ha ha dukandebut it was hilarious - I felt like a criminal! Carrying illicit materials about my person....

I don't even like McD's anyway - it was never one of my vices (and I had many – though note the use of the past tense....!! :angeldevil:) so I have no idea what made me do it in the first place. I’m really tired – I had to work over the long weekend and I had three lovely 6am starts and some late nights so I think I’m slightly delirious. That’s no excuse though. Busy summer seasons in work over the last 5 years are exactly what got me into trouble in the first place so that needs to be addressed or this has all been for nothing.

Weighday today and I have a STS so it doesn't seem to have caused any major upset. But as you said, back on the water and strict Conso menus... I’ll do a power walk home tonight and maybe an extra dance class this weekend.

And I will brush up on my planning. I’m going to do a proper meal plan for the week. Yes, I’ve been busy in work but it’s not going to get any better for the foreseeable future so I need to tackle this head on or I’m in trouble. Big trouble – cos I’ve thrown out all my size 14 suits!!! :eek:

Ha ha dukandebut it was hilarious - I felt like a criminal! Carrying illicit materials about my person....

I don't even like McD's anyway - it was never one of my vices (and I had many – though note the use of the past tense....!! :angeldevil:) so I have no idea what made me do it in the first place. I’m really tired – I had to work over the long weekend and I had three lovely 6am starts and some late nights so I think I’m slightly delirious. That’s no excuse though. Busy summer seasons in work over the last 5 years are exactly what got me into trouble in the first place so that needs to be addressed or this has all been for nothing.

Weighday today and I have a STS so it doesn't seem to have caused any major upset. But as you said, back on the water and strict Conso menus... I’ll do a power walk home tonight and maybe an extra dance class this weekend.

And I will brush up on my planning. I’m going to do a proper meal plan for the week. Yes, I’ve been busy in work but it’s not going to get any better for the foreseeable future so I need to tackle this head on or I’m in trouble. Big trouble – cos I’ve thrown out all my size 14 suits!!! :eek:

Can you imagine if the siren and a big neon sign pointing to you had been real, though! That would certainly keep us on the straight and narrow! :D

I do weekly meal plans and find them ever so helpful.

Anyway, having thrown out all of your size 14s means that you definitely WILL succeed. :D (Braver than me as I've kept mine, just in case. :eek: )

It was a moment of madness... but now I have no choice but to maintain a twelve or else I get fired for dressing inappropriately for work. Now THAT'S motivational!

Happy Monday everyone!

So today it is exactly a month to my holidays-Woohoo! So it's Operation Swimsuit from today. Maintain my weightloss and tone up so as not to frighten passers by...!

B: oatbran and ginger cakey things
L: wrap with tuna and salad
D: will be salmon and veg stir fry

Ex: body attack class (sounds frightening but I'm sure I'll be fine...)

Operation Swimsuit sounds like a good plan! Where are you off to?

I'm off to Southern Spain for ten days at the beginning of July. Cadiz, Tarifa and Seville. I can't wait! And for the first time in years I'm going to be confident on the beach-if it kills me

Change of plan on the dinner menu. OH had made Spag Bol so I had the Bol without the Spag. It was Dukan friendly and it was yum so full marks to the boy.

Body Attack wasn't as scary as it sounded but if I'm going to make it a regular occurance I must invest in a better sports bra...

So brekkie bikkies in the oven, gym bag packed for Spinning class tomorrow (god help me) and preparations for day 2 of Operation Swimsuit are go so I'm off to bed :)

...Body Attack wasn't as scary as it sounded but if I'm going to make it a regular occurance I must invest in a better sports bra...

So brekkie bikkies in the oven, gym bag packed for Spinning class tomorrow (god help me) and preparations for day 2 of Operation Swimsuit are go so I'm off to bed :)

Too funny Teasey!! Yes, you def need a great sports bra for Attack - am thinking of revisitng the 45min class myself for a change in routine.

Best of luck for Spinning class - make sure your bike seat/handlebars are set properly... got a slipped disc a couple of years ago from a dodgy Spin class!

Wishing you great luck towards Operation Swimsuit! Nite, nite.

I love spag bol sauce with either celeriac or cauli mash on top. I've now learned to keep little packages of them in the freezer. Lovely!

I do envy people when I hear about their holiday plans. I tend not to go anywhere since I bought a country place and choose to go there instead! (I love being there, but it's not quite the same as we tend to do renovation/maintenance work while there for longer than a weekend!)! And of course I have to save vacation time for coming home to visit family!

Hmmm I should probably factor in some time for the visiting family thing... though a couple of weekends in Dublin is more than enough!

So, OSS day 2 of 30:

B: oatbran bikkies
L: chicken salad with tomatoes and quark and a Muller
D: I'll be late home so it will probably be beef skewers and celeriac chips (if the OH will cook for me!)

Ex: did my spinning class this morning before work-hello! What's the deal with the saddle? I feel like my ahem... undercarriage... is bruised!

I've my usual dance class tonight too so I'm feeling very virtuous

Good for you re exercise (even if your lady bits are... errr bruised!)

I do envy people when I hear about their holiday plans. I tend not to go anywhere since I bought a country place and choose to go there instead!!

Yes I know what you mean. My late OH had a sailing school, so I used to teach in it in summer during my own leave. We loved it but it was still work as you can't relax into it when you've got clients, especially those that are likely to capsize you while you are teaching!

Cripes yes gosh... I'm sorry to hear he's a "late OH". Are you from the coast? I remember now you mentioned to Mouse being in Dorset...

OSS day 3 of 30

Today was PP day

B: only a Muller this morning
L: scram and ham with quark
D: chicken skewers and yogurt dip followed by another Muller
S: Dukan tiramisu

Ex: Body Combat for an hour then walk home

I'm really hungry today. I presume it's because I'm pre-TOM today. I get the feeling that the chocolate will be a bit harder to resist this month...

OSS day 4 of 30

B: scrambled eggs and quark
L: chicked salad and a Muller
D: will be beef skewers and celeriac chips
S: I had some lovely strawberries mid morning. Oh the joys of having fruit again

Edit: WM pitta pocket pizza added after scolding from Jo! Yum yum yum. Promise not to miss my carb and cheese allowance again...

Drinks: I've about one litre of water gone this morning plus a coffee and a diet coke

Ex: it's rest day today so I didn't go the gym (my bum wasn't ready for the spinning saddle yet anyway!) But I plan to walk home and then do some sit ups and maybe a bit of Wii fit if I'm feeling energetic

I feel really bloated though-probably because it's coming to to TOTM again but I don't feel as slim as I have recently

Last edited:
Back