So I really want to 'stress' eat

kellmo

Gold Member
My husband was rushed to hospital with chest pains at half 4 this morning, he has been in al day and I have been with our children, a bit spaced out really. I have dropped them off with their auntie as they are going away with her tomorrow and as I was driving back home I suddenly wanted to eat sweets, cake, chocolate, popcorn, crisps EVERYTHING!

I honestly thought 'I can't cope with this, I need some food to get me through.' I didn't, I came home and had my first shake of the day (I've had omelette for breakfasts and chicken for lunch as I've not been in the house). It's made me realise that i do stress eat (I thought I was more a comfort eater) and I'm glad I recognise it as a trigger, I still really want a bag of maoam pinballs and some Choc Philli on digestives but I won't.

My husband has had a LONG AWAITED health scare and I need to get healthy too with him.

What a **** day :-(

I hope all is ok now. At least you didn't give in you should be so proud as its so easy to give up. I realised the other day I eat when I'm tired as I was really tired and I just wanted to eat something for energy and to keep me awake. I didn't I went for a sleep. :) x

How is hubby? It must be terribly worrying and very stressful.

You made absolutely the right call - you would not have felt any less stressed after eating contraband, in fact you'd probably have felt worse.

Oh bless you. I hope your Husband is ok. I am an emotional eater too, so am so pleased for you remaining strong! Hang in there xx

Hi all, my husband has been diagnosed with pericarditis ( a viral infection that started with a cough and sore throat and eventually affected the lining of his heart). So his heart is poorly but only because of this and can be cured with simple drugs and rest.

I learnt this yesterday and today this is the first day I know I'll have all 3 shakes and some protein, I can breathe a sigh of relief finally!

Thanks for your kind words x

Back