So who has a claim to fame??

When I was at secondary school, I edited the school magazine and so got to interview Francis Rossi (from Status Quo) at his house. I managed to spill tea on his white carpet - oops!

And, more recently, a couple of years ago, DH booked a special lunch at the Ivy one lunchtime in London. What a star studded Tuesday it was! In the restaurant (dining separately) were Michael Parkinson, Noel Edmunds, Gordon Ramsey and (the late) Stephen Gately. However, when I went upstairs to the loo, I bumped into Madonna (eeeeeeeeeeeep! complete childhood mega hero) drying her hands - I managed a 'hi' but was basically pathetic :eek:

OH MY ACTUAL GOD! That's the best!

I was on Kilroy when visiting England to see my mum. She was nodding off in her armchair and I was watching Kilroy ( had never seen it before ) and at the end of the programme they appealed for sisters who didn't get on. My 2 sisters and I do get on, but I still rang the show and told the researcher that we were the opposite of what they were looking for and really liked each other and had a good giggle together. They rang me back the same day and said they thought we would be great to have on the show because the sisters that were being featured were really bad.
It was a great experience, from the journey, met at station in a limo, the hotel in the West End of London to the show itself and meeting Robert Kilroy and being " featured guests ". We had such a giggle.

My other claim to fame is owning the 6 times Champion of Spain Dressage Pony and being invited to take him to the World Equestrian Games to do exhibitions in the main ring.......awesome and breathtaking,

Sue xx

lol...erm I actually forgot one...Olly Murs from the X-factor last year is one of my eldest sons best mates!

I have absolutely none, but enjoyed all of yours!

No, I lie! Joss Ackland (most recently from the Hogfather, I guess) used to shop in the shop I worked in, and I've advised him on bedding and perfume. Also, I had a drs appt straight after him the other day, with the same GP.

heheh thats all I have.

When i was working in mount rushmore in america, Meatloaf came into the gift shop i was working in and I served him, he was lovely and very nice. Got a photo of him, he paid by credit card and i checked his name on it.....didnt say Mr Meatloaf :(

When I was at secondary school, I edited the school magazine and so got to interview Francis Rossi (from Status Quo) at his house. I managed to spill tea on his white carpet - oops!

And, more recently, a couple of years ago, DH booked a special lunch at the Ivy one lunchtime in London. What a star studded Tuesday it was! In the restaurant (dining separately) were Michael Parkinson, Noel Edmunds, Gordon Ramsey and (the late) Stephen Gately. However, when I went upstairs to the loo, I bumped into Madonna (eeeeeeeeeeeep! complete childhood mega hero) drying her hands - I managed a 'hi' but was basically pathetic :eek:

Madonna................how wonderful for you.

Not really calims to fame but people I have met
Those of you with young children will know this one Boogie pete pmsl took my kids to a very small venue where they follow the dances and then afterwards the kids get to have their photo with him and an autograph. Almost everyone spells my little girls name wrong so when he was doing the autograph I said its Sofia with an F he said Fofia then lol

Other than that on Birmingham new street station when I worked there in the burger bar customers were John barnes, David platt, Jeffery from rainbow (who wasnt impressed with our juvenile impressions of zippy with an oven glove i was only 18! lol) and floella benjamin who complained about the price of a drink on the station.

Don't have any famous links myself (unless you count a rather tenuous link to an historical smuggler! total reprobates my lot!!!)

Have seen one or two people wandering around on their hols. One lady in Falmouth (honestly can't remember her name it was quite a few years ago, but I remember seeing her and thinking ooh that's so and so) and in St Ives I saw one of the people from Casualty (think she played a paramedic) little blond women, used to be Dinner Ladies always asking for toast - she really is tiny!

I've high fived Jon Bon Jovi ,the other day I bumped into Donna from 2 pints of lager at Butlins ,I was attracted to her rather gorgeous Chanel bag before I notice it was her lol !!
Not much of a claim to fame though lol !!

Both my children have met Robbie Williams at different times, and he was in a Leeds nightclub once (where my DS was a student) DS rang me and said someone wants to say hello to you - it was Robbie Williams and he called me Mom.......we had quite a chat, needless to say I had always been a fan and DS had told him this.

Even my DS was 'starstruck' because he had a drink and a chat with Robbie Williams in a nightclub.

Wow jealous.....I was taught in secondary school by George Michaels sister.......also met Lynn Perry (ivy tilsley corrie), Bill Maynard (greengrass heartbeat) Brian Jacks (martial arts dude)

My favourite 3 were whilst I was on my honeymoon in Australia

1) We ended up staying in the same hotel as the England Cricket team so had breakfast sat next to Michael Vaughan and his family and ended up in a lift with Monty Panasar and a semi naked Alistair Cook who had just come straight from the pool - I forgot I was married when I was oggling the 6 pack!

2) I walked into David Gower whilst wandering around the Melbourne Aquarium, I smacked him with my ruck sack by accident but didn't realise it was him until 5 minutes later!

3) When we were in Sydney on New Year's Eve, we turned a corner and literally walked into Richard Branson, I was in shock and my husband had the "i recognise the face but can't put a name to it" - we asked him for photo's and he was lovely. Hubby now has the photo framed on his office wall - he fancies himself as the next RB!!!

When I still lived in Zimbabwe my hubby and I both met a few.
I was once an extra in a film called Dry White Season, where my 70's car was seen more than me, but I was fortunate enough to have a long chat with Donald Sutherland. I always liked him as an actor so I was thrilled.
Between us we met and chatted to Richard Chamberlain, John Rhys-Davis, Eric Roberts and Christopher Lee.
Although my hubby did not meet him, his company was contracted to transport equipment for a Clint Eastwood film called White Hunter, Black Heart.
They even brought in water from America to fill a swimming pool as Clint Eastwood did not trust the water there!

I forgot a really obvious one too. Our local farm ahs lambing open days. We were sat on the hay, and was given a tiny lamb to hold. by a bloke in scruffy farming overalls. He was young, dark and very good looking. It then dawned on me. It ws Alistair Cook, England captain, just back from Bangladesh. He is going out with one of the farmner's daughters, the other daughter is my daughter's teacher.

My Grandad's cousins are Charlie and Eddie Richardson (1950's gang rivalling the Krays)

I got Bob Mortimer's (shooting stars) autograph on the way home from school he was in KFC.

My h2b's brother is the floor manager on Deal or No Deal, he did Big Brother and Scrap Heap Challenge too. His wife used to be a catwalk model but is now a photographer for Vogue.

I've met loads of people when I used to work on the trains - one of my fave 'regulars' was Ainley Harriot as he was always so polite. Not-so-nice customers included Jasper Carrott (who put on a ridiculous posh voice - or maybe he's not really a Brummie?!), and Sophie Grigson who were both very rude. Claudia Winkleman was very, very drunk on the little vodkas we gave away in First Class!

I've met Jasper Carrott too - he's just as you describe!!!
I've also short changed Noel Edmonds wife when I worked in a bank...many, many years ago :)

How fab all of your stories are I love reading things like this! I have a few but not really fantastic...here we go... I was on Colleens Real Women 2 years ago, to be the face of Avon, got to sit and have a cuppa with her shes lovely and tiny in real life, I was on the reality program the Salon where Sharon Osbournes nephew, Terry Longden, cut and styled my hair. Ive partied with the Spice Girls when they came to the O2 arena here in London, we met them back stage and then went on to party with them, baby, sporty and posh are lovely, scary and ginger where awful and rude! Met Cheryl Cole and her love rat hubby one night in the Embassy club in London, before they were married, she was really taken with my then boyfriend at the time and she said to him 'why eye mon you look like a young super man' apologies for my attempt at a newcastle accent! Lol, so she sat drinking with us. My ultimate meet is Ray Winstone i LOVE LOVE LOVE him, he lives up the road from us and ive bumped into him a few times and then one time he recognised me and we had a picture taken together (see my facebook) and then he invited me out for drinks with him and his friends but i had to work in the cab so I turned him down, was gutted i cried! lol. Erm what else.. met Ross Kemp in Lakeside and he was lovely, huge and lovely! My most proudest achievement though is when I won McDonalds Child of Achievement award in 1989 for looking after my disabled brother (he passed away in 94) my mum nominated me without me knowing, and i was one of the kids that won, so we went to the Guild Hall in london and i met prince charles and a whole host of people, but the best person i met that day was Ken Dodd!! I loved him, so that made my day, and i was on Newsround (the kids show) and Blue Peter and in the national papers. Think thats my lot, theres probably more but I cant remember! :) xx

How fab all of your stories are I love reading things like this! I have a few but not really fantastic...here we go... I was on Colleens Real Women 2 years ago, to be the face of Avon, got to sit and have a cuppa with her shes lovely and tiny in real life, I was on the reality program the Salon where Sharon Osbournes nephew, Terry Longden, cut and styled my hair. Ive partied with the Spice Girls when they came to the O2 arena here in London, we met them back stage and then went on to party with them, baby, sporty and posh are lovely, scary and ginger where awful and rude! Met Cheryl Cole and her love rat hubby one night in the Embassy club in London, before they were married, she was really taken with my then boyfriend at the time and she said to him 'why eye mon you look like a young super man' apologies for my attempt at a newcastle accent! Lol, so she sat drinking with us. My ultimate meet is Ray Winstone i LOVE LOVE LOVE him, he lives up the road from us and ive bumped into him a few times and then one time he recognised me and we had a picture taken together (see my facebook) and then he invited me out for drinks with him and his friends but i had to work in the cab so I turned him down, was gutted i cried! lol. Erm what else.. met Ross Kemp in Lakeside and he was lovely, huge and lovely! My most proudest achievement though is when I won McDonalds Child of Achievement award in 1989 for looking after my disabled brother (he passed away in 94) my mum nominated me without me knowing, and i was one of the kids that won, so we went to the Guild Hall in london and i met prince charles and a whole host of people, but the best person i met that day was Ken Dodd!! I loved him, so that made my day, and i was on Newsround (the kids show) and Blue Peter and in the national papers. Think thats my lot, theres probably more but I cant remember! :) xx

awww that's so cute about you being excited to meet Ken Dodd! hahaha! how cute! i never knew you won that!!

who was your boyfriend who Cheryl liked?! how funny!

Its amazing what comes out on threads like these, always give everyone a good read...

Back