soccermom's lose 10 st diary :)

Cant seem to stop my craving for food today, definitely not hungry :( not thirsty so what the devil is it :rolleyes:

Need to have a free evening meal tonight as used up my syns and he's. Luckily will be going out to a football cup final shortly so i'm out of the house :D

AArrrggghhhh

Maybe that time of the month is coming :)
Good luck and stick to the free/superfree foods today!
No football anymore for my son...cricket season starts now.

Maybe that time of the month is coming :)

Could be, its another 10 days away yet and dont often have cravings associated but have been known to ocassionally :confused:

Had a bag of crisps which actually stopped my cravings, before sw they would trigger a binge :eek:

This time strangely they didn't :D

EE today

weetabix (heb), milk (3 1/2 syns), sweetener and banana

rice pudding made with milk (hea + 6 syns :eek:)

solero (5 syns)

crisps (6 syns)

bacon, red onion and mushroom omelette, baked beans and brown sauce (1 syn)

21 1/2 syns :cry:

Last edited:
Actually looking at that I did make a mistake :eek: I had the rice pudding on EE day and used 2 hea's, I usually have rice pudding on a green day so must remember to syn extra milk for the rice pud on EE or just have one portion..so there should be another milk portion synned :eek:

I dont believe in cuting back on the next days so will have to be aware of that, thank you :D

Hi soccermom, I've been readingyour diary for a while now as my start weight was the same as yours and I too have sons who play lots of football. Anyway two things, fantastic weight loss of 5.5 lbs this week, well done, secondly how do you make your rice pudding ? I've mainly been sticking to red days, but decided I would have green on my weigh in day and the next so I can pig out on pasta !!! Love the idea of being able to have rice pudding, so interested to hear how you makeyours ?

Hi Jane thanks for popping in to my diary and for your support and good luck with your own weightloss, it can be very scary having so much to lose cant it :( but i'm loving this plan! My only wish is I discovered it earlier.

AS for my rice pudding I can only eat it the old fashioned way with milk and it feels like a treat :D

500ml semi skimmed milk (2 x hea)
2oz pudding rice (washed)
4 tbsp sweetener
drop vanilla essence
nutmeg sprinkled on top to make a crispy skin :D

put it all in dish and put in oven for about 1 1/2 hours at 140 degrees

yummy :D:D

well today was another green day again I really enjoyed it :D

Green day

banana

jacket pot, cheese (hea) baked beans + brown sauce (1 syn)

solero (5 syns)

banana

ainsley harriot roast veg cous cous (1.5 syns) roasted red pepper, BNS, red onion, mushrooms

Alpen bar (part heb)

7.5 syns

Just realised writing this that I did not have my full heb allowance :eek: In fact tbh I did not need it and had to struggle to fit the Alpen bar in (cant afford to eat 2 at a time) do I need to eat heb's for the sake of it :confused:

Still it makes up for my mistake the other day with the milk so wont worry to much x

Going on a long walk today, its a beautiful day so why not :D my son was suppossed to be playing football but not anymore.

He was playing in the mens northern alliance league (and doing very well 4 goals in 2 games) as they had so many injuries, but he was to late to be registered so has been playing under some elses name but someone has become suspicious so my 16 year old can no longer play :D

Have a great weekend to anyone reading and be good ;)

It was a fairly quiet day yesterday, no football :eek: was going to go for a walk with hubby, but he was busy trying to fix some pipes somewhere and I got watching the football on the telly :rolleyes:

Anyway yesterday was a

EE Day

banana, 2 ww wholemeal bread (heb) 2 boiled eggs

solero (5 syns)

han and cheese (hea) tomato and cucumber

pork casserole (6 syns) cooked with apples, cider, onion and mush, new pots roasted in herbs, sweetcorn and roasted asparagus.

2 mikkados (1 syn)

12 syns

Off to the football this morning and then who knows where the day will take us.

Weigh in day tomorrow anothe 1lb off will get me into the 15 stones bracket :eek: so wish me luck x

I choose to forget that sunday existed, it was such a bad day :eek::(

However monday weigh in and 1.5lbs gone and only another 1lb to go to reach 4.5 stone :D

Yesterday was a green day but due to my pigging out on sunday was not very hungry so the day does reflect that.

Green day

pagen rolls (heb) lc cheese xl (2 syns)

jacket pot, cheese (hea) AH cous cous (1.5 syns)

crisps (6.5 syns)

10 syns

From today I am going back to basics like its day 1 with 10 syns daily and i'm really going to try and eat more veg which seems to have slipped lately.

All these extra football matches a week at the min seems to be knocking my planning a bit.

I will go back to using the slow cooker more. As we speak theres a tamarind chicken casserole in there which is starting to smell good. It will be ready for when we get in from the footy.

Well done on your loss :D
I've gone back to basic this week, measuring milk and surprised myself as I know I must have been consuming twice the amount of milk :eek:
I've stuck to 10 syns a day or just under but given myself the full 15 at weekends as these can be my weakness and it worked so hoping for a loss....any loss tomorrow.
Your chicken sounds lovely, i've never used Tamarind....how do you make it

Hope you have a great week
Claire
x

Hey LL good luck for your WI, I got the tamarind chicken recipe from the slow cooker recipe section on here , I will try to find it for you and post later.

Well today I have to go into town with my 16 year old son to book his suit for the prom, cant believe he is due to leave school, surely he is still a baby :eek:

Will try and get some more body magic in and I really want to join the gym, but keep putting it off until i've lost more weight. I said I would join when I was in the 15 stone bracket and I just squeaked in this week so no excuses :eek:

Yesterday turned into an EE day so here goes

EE day

pagen rolls (heb), cheese (hea), ham and banana

red onion, mushroom and ham omelette with brown sauce (1 syn)

french fries (4.5 syns)

tamarind chicken with rice and brocoli (2 syns)

7 syns

superfree food

red onion, mushroom, brocoli, onion and red peppers.

Body magic

1 hour walking + another 40 mins walking

Will keep adding my superfree foods in an extra section in an effort to up them. :D

Wow Soccermom, I'm massively impressed with your weight loss so far, any hints or tips for a newbie on EE?

Yah you on your superfree foods :D
I'd love to go to the gym too.....might try it out but I need to find out what I can do as I have perm nerve damage in my leg and causes me so many problems.
Gyms always scare me but at the same time I think its something I need to take control of.
Hope you've had a good day
xx

Wow Soccermom, I'm massively impressed with your weight loss so far, any hints or tips for a newbie on EE?

Thanks so much, tips..let me think.

These are my favourite...

a) Fill in a proper paper food diary for the first few weeks to make sure you are getting in the requirements of the plan on which ever day you are doing. Plenty of free food, definitely have A's and B's and at least 5 syns a day (I like 10 lol)
b) read and re-read your books and get to know them.
c) try lots of different recipes that way you will never get bored
d) stick with minimins, it keeps me focused and inspired.
e) even if you fear the worst for your weighin and you think you have had a bad week..GO TO CLASS :D and face the consequences.

Yah you on your superfree foods :D
I'd love to go to the gym too.....might try it out but I need to find out what I can do as I have perm nerve damage in my leg and causes me so many problems.
Gyms always scare me but at the same time I think its something I need to take control of.
Hope you've had a good day
xx

Hey LL have had a great day thank you.

Prom suit is all picked out he looks gourgeous in it makes me see how grown up he is now and so handsome :D

I can sympathise with the bad leg ..I have a problem with my back which means I have problems doing sit ups or similar, but definitely going to join this weekend and stick to cardio for a while.

hope you had a good day to x

Today has been a good positive day and I feel completely in control of my life with food at the minute.

Went through all the cupboards today and mde a list of what we have in, I couldnt believe the stuff in there. Apart from meat and veg we have a full shopping list :eek: if I hadnt have done it I would have bought all the same things over again.

Desperately trying to cut down and budget more, there are bargains to be had and I intend to walk from supermarket to supermarket (we have them all near us) to get the best deals :D and lose more weight in the process by upping my body magic statistics :D

trying to use up stuff in the cupboards so some stuff is repetitive but I enjoy it.

Red day

pagen krisprolls (heb) cheese (hea) ham

tamarind chicken

french fries (4.5 syns)

weetabix (heb) milk (3.5 syns) sweetener

homemade burgers (2 syns) roast veg with salad leaves.

2 mikkados (1 syn)

11 syns

superfree

onion, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, BNS, red onion, mushrooms, salad leaves,

body magic

30 mins walking :eek:

You may notice on my food diary I only had 1 hea and synned my other this is just the way I like to do it, its rare if I use my 2 allowance quota of hea.

Thanks so much, tips..let me think.

These are my favourite...

a) Fill in a proper paper food diary for the first few weeks to make sure you are getting in the requirements of the plan on which ever day you are doing. Plenty of free food, definitely have A's and B's and at least 5 syns a day (I like 10 lol)
b) read and re-read your books and get to know them.
c) try lots of different recipes that way you will never get bored
d) stick with minimins, it keeps me focused and inspired.
e) even if you fear the worst for your weighin and you think you have had a bad week..GO TO CLASS :D and face the consequences.

great advice, many thanks - the paper diary has took me a couple of days to get used to, I had free and superfree the wrong way around!

Another positive day except for breakfast I had a solero :eek::eek: just fancied some icecream and nothing else really :eek::D

Football last night meant I had to be organised, so I cooked my first ever chilli from a link on here to warm up when we got in.

It was cooked in the oven and oh my it was gorgeous it will definitely be one for the future.

EE day

solero (5 syns)

puffed wheat (heb) milk (3) banana

cheese (hea)

Roast peppers, chilli and cous cous (2 syns)

flying saucers (1 syn) mikaddos (1 syn)

12 syns

Superfree

1 whole roasted and chopped peppers, onions, cherry toms :eek: (not enough)

body magic

80 mins walking

I know there doesnt seem to be much there, but i'm not hungry and I dont want to eat for the sake of it, thats what got me here in the first place.

I had to call it EE day as I cant have cous cous on a red without high syns otherwise would have gone for a red.

syns seem to be creeping uppast 10 again so wanted to keep it to 10 will need to watch that to :eek:

Should have not had flying saucers or mikados, but I needed a sugar fix, its that time ladies :D

Need to put in some planning for tomorrow as we are at the pub tomorrow night and dont want to pick if I decide to have a couple of drinks with my syns :D

Have a great weekend x

Are we allowed to save syns up for a weekend drink? Guess i shouldn't as my WI is on a Monday! :(

Are we allowed to save syns up for a weekend drink? Guess i shouldn't as my WI is on a Monday! :(

some people do, to be honest I dont drink that much unless i'm on a tropical beach somewhere enjoying an ice cold vodka tonic :D

Some work out their total weeks syns 105 and just count them down, so you may have 70 on the saturday and then leave yourself 35 for the rest of the week.

If I go out I give myself 15 syns for vodka and no syns for the rest of the day, it works for me :D

Before i go out i also make a chicken dopiaza curry to eat when we get in so we are not tempted by takeaways. Its all free.

Theres even a recipe for donner kebab meat somewhere on here :D so no excuses.

Back