Sole Source Plus Option 2

i was thinking about doing the same as you shell, so is it 3 or 2 cd's a day?? xx

Don't do it people!!!!!:eek:
Unless you are on the 1000cal plan then you NEED to have your 3 packs a day to stop yourself going into starvation! No vitamin suppliments you take will compensate for what you get from your 3rd pack. The 3 packs a day make your diet balanced exactly to what your body needs daily and you would go into starvation without all 3 I'm afraid girlies.
You really need to speak to your CDC's about this before you do anything rash, I wouldn't be suprised if they're horrified!

thanks for the recommendations of the salad dressings. I am still doing SS only but I may well start introducing the meal shortly.

Re 2 or 3 packs a day. My CDC stressed the importance of getting the protein, carb etc balance right and that this was what helped you lose weight and not starve so you might want to think carefully about it - talk to a CDC

have had a cdc on here telling me the reasons behind the 3rd pack...so will make a mousse(or try) to have after my tea......at least it will feel like a pudding or even swap my bar at lunch for a shake and have the bar as a pudding...

have had a cdc on here telling me the reasons behind the 3rd pack...so will make a mousse(or try) to have after my tea......at least it will feel like a pudding or even swap my bar at lunch for a shake and have the bar as a pudding...

Pleased to hear that my post made sense, Shell! Many people have shake for breakfast, tetrapak for lunch, meal for dinner, then cut up the bar for endless nibbles in the evening - it works well.

Let us know how you get on.

stuck to ss yesterday to make up for a kebab i treated myself to on tues...i gainea pound yesterday but its gone today and still well in ketosis...lesly are the atkins bars the same do you know?? they do choc thats all and wondered if as a real treat one would be ok??

I had a quick look on-line at the Atkins bars - the Endulge bar is way too low in weight and both protein and carbs to be considered in any way a substitute for a Cambridge bar. The Decadence bar is I suppose more suitable, for both carb and protein content - but it's double the fat and 25% more Calories than a CD bar........and most importantly they don't have one third of your daily nutritional needs. But not bad if you're stuck.

I think it's hard to remember that a CD mealbar is just that - a meal, not a snack.

Have you tried all six of our bars? I bet you'll find one or two you really like!

oh i love them all...well except the cranberry and peanut...but too much like some dodgy health bar from holland and barratt for my liking!!! the others feel like im being bad!!!
i just thought if on the off chance i was stuck and forgot to take a tetra or a bar...if one would suffice....it was the choc more than anything as a treat i was thinking not as a replacement...god no as an extra!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started with chicken and leaves and broccoli exactly as the book said. I also tried tofu in stir fries and made my way through the entire repertoire of Quorn (I absolutely love the sausages). I've eaten most kinds of fish & also really love prawns.

However after a few weeks and once I was safely in ketosis I have started to experiment with a few items that are not on the Cambridge list. I understand that the list exists because some people are extremely sensitive to carbs and even small amounts will tip them out of ketosis, but I figured I wouldn't know unless I tried & thankfully I find I have a reasonably high threshold & stay in most of the time.

So i have extended my vegetable selection to include occasional carrots, parsnips, sweetcorn, pease etc. because I love them so much. I have a serving of one of these veg off the list every couple of days. And I have extended my protein selection to include eggs occasionally (I really love omelettes!) and also the very occasional piece of really lean steak which I adore. I've also thrown the occasional handful of nuts & seeds into my salads & stir frys.

I'm not having any starchy stuff - no bread, potatoes or pasta, and no sugary stuff, including fruit.

I guess I'm just the kind of person who always kicks back at any rules that are imposed on me. This is why so many diets I've tried have failed in the past - tell me I can't have something and I have to try it just to prove you wrong. But thankfully this time, I'm managing to have a few treats and yet continue to lose weight. This plan rocks.

Hi Corobia, found this thread, cuz I'm searching for ideas up the plans, I don't think I can face many more SS days, so the next best thing is for me to do SS+, I've come across your post and its given me hope :p

I'd love to get any tips that you might have, I'm not one for sticking to rules 100% either, and I'm very lucky , it takes a LOT to knock me out of ketosis :D

Hi Lily,

Sorry its taken so long to get back to you - I've been on holiday. And please don't ask what I ate - let's just say I took a break but I'm back on it now.

If you can stay in ketosis easily then SS+ or even 810 are just great programs. I lost about 3 pounds a week following them (and I mean following them roughly as you can see some of my cheats on the thread you found).

I know 3 pounds a week doesn't seem much to a dedicated SS person, but I just saw it as more than I had ever managed to lose on any other diet except Cambridge and as a result I am completely happy with it.

I was fairly sure I didn't want to do SS. I love food, and always enjoyed eating healthily - my weight problem came from the unhealthy snacks that I ate on top of my healthy meals.

So the rules I followed exactly were:
- Only one meal a day - usually dinner, occasionally lunch and once even a cooked breakfast!
- Three packs a day, spaced as evenly as possible through the rest of the day - even when I didn't feel like them.
- As much water as I could stomach throughout the day (less than 4 litres but at least I tried)
- Absolutely no sugar, including fruit, or starchy carbs, bread, potatoes, rice or pasta. I found the sweetness of the packs, particularly the chocolate more than made up for my sweet craving.

With this in place I relaxed on the exact content (and quantity) of my meal, and looked forward to it daily. I found the rest of the diet very easy knowing that I had a real meal to look forward to every day.

I've stopped doing 810 now, after 3 months and with only a stone left to lose I've decided to work up the programs and say goodbye to ketosis. So I'm now trying 1000/1200 calories. And racking up the exercise. Wish me luck.

im so glad i read this...i struggle to do ss lily will shout at me if i say i cant. ive been bad today had a slice of cheesecake...i NEED my evening meal, i take it you never weighed your food??? i dont weigh mine either, i have thought about only having 2 shakes but was told i need the 3 ...the meals im having are really good ones ive had prawns today with courgette, just shoved in a really hot frying pan with a tiny bit of spray olice oil and garlic, they were lovely but dont conform to the list of food on the list. were you still in ketosis on 810??? im finding that when i wee on a ketostix in morning its pink but then come the afternoon its thew sandy colour.....i need to loose at least anothr 2 stone on cd, im gonna try and stick to ss but is so hard!!

Hi Lily,

Sorry its taken so long to get back to you - I've been on holiday. And please don't ask what I ate - let's just say I took a break but I'm back on it now.

If you can stay in ketosis easily then SS+ or even 810 are just great programs. I lost about 3 pounds a week following them (and I mean following them roughly as you can see some of my cheats on the thread you found).

I know 3 pounds a week doesn't seem much to a dedicated SS person, but I just saw it as more than I had ever managed to lose on any other diet except Cambridge and as a result I am completely happy with it.

I was fairly sure I didn't want to do SS. I love food, and always enjoyed eating healthily - my weight problem came from the unhealthy snacks that I ate on top of my healthy meals.

So the rules I followed exactly were:
- Only one meal a day - usually dinner, occasionally lunch and once even a cooked breakfast!
- Three packs a day, spaced as evenly as possible through the rest of the day - even when I didn't feel like them.
- As much water as I could stomach throughout the day (less than 4 litres but at least I tried)
- Absolutely no sugar, including fruit, or starchy carbs, bread, potatoes, rice or pasta. I found the sweetness of the packs, particularly the chocolate more than made up for my sweet craving.

With this in place I relaxed on the exact content (and quantity) of my meal, and looked forward to it daily. I found the rest of the diet very easy knowing that I had a real meal to look forward to every day.

I've stopped doing 810 now, after 3 months and with only a stone left to lose I've decided to work up the programs and say goodbye to ketosis. So I'm now trying 1000/1200 calories. And racking up the exercise. Wish me luck.

Wow, I'd forgotten I'd posted my question, thanx for coming and answering, hope you enjoyed your hols :p

Can you give me suggestions for what you would have for your evening meal, I'm desperate at knowing what to do with a plain piece of chicken breast ?

im so glad i read this...i struggle to do ss lily will shout at me if i say i cant. ive been bad today had a slice of cheesecake...i NEED my evening meal, i take it you never weighed your food??? i dont weigh mine either, i have thought about only having 2 shakes but was told i need the 3 ...the meals im having are really good ones ive had prawns today with courgette, just shoved in a really hot frying pan with a tiny bit of spray olice oil and garlic, they were lovely but dont conform to the list of food on the list. were you still in ketosis on 810??? im finding that when i wee on a ketostix in morning its pink but then come the afternoon its thew sandy colour.....i need to loose at least anothr 2 stone on cd, im gonna try and stick to ss but is so hard!!

LMAO, I only shout cuz I'm trying to encourage ya, we all have to do our plans whatever way we can, so either way, I'll support ya ;)

If I learn more about SS+ then maybe I'll up my plans, cuz i'm finding it harder to stay on SS myself :eek:

OK official info on SS+ - you get 3 CD packs plus one meal consisting of a limited quantity of protein and veggies from a set list. Or you get 4 CD packs plus a skimmed milk allowance.

810 plan gives you both the extra meal and the skimmed milk allowance, which I used most days as I live on coffee and can't stand it black.

To answer shell's question, yes I did manage to stay in ketosis for the most part on 810. I never used the ketostix, just followed my CDCs advice that if I was not hungry then I was in ketosis. Occasionally I dropped out but I accepted the day of hunger as what I had to go through for the cheats I had done.

As you will see from my post further up this thread my meals have been quite varied. I did intend to stick to chicken but somehow it never worked out like that. I eat out a lot with friends and so I just chose the most obvious plain protein and veggies excluding potatoes that I could. And no I never measured the quantities.

I'm planning to train as a CDC and I'm sure they will tell me not to tell people how much I cheated. They've got a scientific formula that works and I daresay I would have lost more and faster if I had stuck with it. I don't know at all if my level of cheating would produce the same results for everyone, but it did the trick for me and got me through.

My own CDC kept telling me that if you deviate from the set formula then weight loss can slow down or even stop. So I told myself that if it ever did I would be good and do things the proper way. And despite all my cheats the weight just kept coming off.

I've slowed up in the past few weeks mainly because I have had my best friends hen night and wedding plus my family holiday, and decided to come off the diet and eat normally for those events. So I'm now 4 pounds off my lowest ever. But I'm looking forward to getting back on and dieting while still very much enjoying my food.

Thanx, I really appreciate you sharing your experience ;) I'm just completing another Day 1 of SSing, me thinks next time I slip, I'm gonna give SS+ a go.

ive ss today only coz of the devil food i ate yesterday thou...official wi tomorrow so time will tell....im goona stiick to an evening meal unless im not hungry....lily with regard to chicken i use spices...scwartz do a chargrilled chicken one....lovely...ive got a gas bbq so i shove stuff on there too. also turkey breast and white fish. i do have dressing on my salad thou

ive ss today only coz of the devil food i ate yesterday thou...official wi tomorrow so time will tell....im goona stiick to an evening meal unless im not hungry....lily with regard to chicken i use spices...scwartz do a chargrilled chicken one....lovely...ive got a gas bbq so i shove stuff on there too. also turkey breast and white fish. i do have dressing on my salad thou

Wow, thanks Shelly, I've managed to complete day 2 SSing, so I might be ok for a while longer ;) gonna keep an eye out for the Schwartz stuff, I've just googled it, I need ideas like this, so keep 'em coming ;)

Hi, Just reading through. I can cope with the plain chicken, but the veg, I need cheese sauce!
Seriously though, any suggestions how I can jazz up the veg for tonights meal? (Or any night.) I like most veg, but do normally have some kind of sauce on it, or have it in something else, never on it's own. (I've not got salad, but I'll get some tomorrow.)

Back