Sonyas Dukan Diary .....the start to a new thinner healthier me!

sonyamc

My dukan journey has started...how I came to be in the position where I have felt so low, and self conscious about my body image I am not quite sure.
As a naturally slim child/teen/ young adult I could always eat whatever without worry...
Unfortunately I somehow slipped into getting bigger after having my children..so from a svelte 8st to weighing myself at xmas and being horrified at 12st 7lb , I realised it was time to do something..so Dukan here I come!
Sadly I lost my nana in Jan which led to me losing 7lb ..but spurred me on to take action. ...I joined this site on feb 24th but only actually started Dukan 27th feb after reading the stories/diets/posts on here that have totally inspired me that IT CAN BE DONE!! I just need to want it enough!!
So...the fridge has been full of chicken,eggs,fish,cottage cheese and thank the lord CRAB STICKS!! Yey!!! My saving grace as everytime I have fancied a packet of crisps I quickly grabbed a crabstick and thought about how wonderful it will be buying a size smaller jeans :) .....todays menu has been
Oatbran in fatfree yoghurt
Cup of green tea
Crabsticks x 6

Tin of tuna in mineral water,boiled egg, half tub cottage cheese
Fatfree yoghurt

Crabsticks x 6
2 slices lean roast beef

Fillet steak topped with king prawns marinated in chilli and garlic

2 litres sparkling water.

If there is anything I am doing glaringly wrong let me know xxx

Looks like a fab menu Sonya and a great start - some people and I think Dr Dukan suggest limiting crab sticks! I don't like them so not a problem for me but might be worth checking I could defo be wrong. It's a great diet and fab that you have made a plan cos it will help when you get a hungry moment. I try to keep things I can grab from the fridge to hand for such occasions SF Jelly/ sliced lean meat etc, etc!!!

Welcome Sonya...

Yes I'm afraid crabsticks are limited to 8 per day (and, given in the sugar in them, I'd stay lower than that if you can)... also check your cottage cheese is lowest fat possible.

Your dinner sounds wonderful... YUM! Check out our recipe thread, and perhaps you'll find something more inspiring to bake with your oatbran (muffins, galette, cake, bread).

Welcome again and good luck!

Gutted that crabsticks are limited!! How did I miss that?? I must have an old version of the book :( only today and tomorrow left on attack so hopefully It will be easier then. I will have to look at a more recent dukan as I don't want to be doing anything else wrong... Are the fat free yoghurts limited as I had 3 on tuesday. ...not the most pleasant subject but....does anyone have any tips for constipation?? :/ tummy is feeling so heavy. Grateful for any advice . Thank x

I have the 2008 edition of "Je ne sais pas maigrir".
So I have the same problem as you.... but I keep my eyes on this forum to keep me updated.
Sadly, crabsticks are limited.
Try to replace them with real fish.
As I understand:
Yogurt (0%) is unlimited in the attack phase.
Dairies are limited to 1 kg in the cruise phase
Only ONE glass of milk though, because of the carbs.

For the constipation, I always add wheat bran (1 tbs).
Sometimes I take paraffin oil.

Thanks for all that girls! Its what's keeping me going ,..all the wonderful advice and support. Thank you!! X

Todays menu

Ff yoghurt with daily oatbran
Green tea
2 slices lean ham

2 grilled chicken breasts marinaded in balsamic vinegar,chilli,herbs,garlic,lemon
Half a tub low fat cottage cheese
Glass diet coke

2 slices lean ham

Chicken breast in fajita spices
Half tub cottage cheese
Ff yoghurt
Glass diet coke

1.5 ltre sparkling mineral water

Its countdown to cruise !! Woohoo! One more day to go!!

I felt so ill when doing attack due to 'transition' problems but once in cruise with 1 tbl of daily wheatbran (in muffins) and veg every other day the problem soon went. Hope you have a big minus after attack and it continues into cruise :) best diet plan ever in my opinion that is ;) x

I felt so ill when doing attack due to 'transition' problems but once in cruise with 1 tbl of daily wheatbran (in muffins) and veg every other day the problem soon went. Hope you have a big minus after attack and it continues into cruise :) best diet plan ever in my opinion that is ;) x

Hi Chris, I was awake at 6am this morning and thought I would browse the site, would you believe I have been reading your diary!!! So delighted to hear from you :)

I have read your journey and feel so inspired and motivated, you have done brilliantly! So proud of what you have achieved you are an absolute star!

This diet/plan clearly works judging from all the brilliant losses I have seen. I am sooooo looking forward to a slimmer me in the future. End of attack weigh in tomorrow so we shall see...I weighed yesterday and have lost 4lb so far so I am delighted already. I just hope I can cope with cruising :) x

cruise is brilliant Sonya couldnt wait to get my chops around a tomato! of all things - I do miss fruit very much especially bananas & proper porridge but I can honestly say with hand on heart I havent had any - so looking forward to summer fruit though - <dribble> - keep going love if your anything like me once you are in the dukan zone then ............. 24lbs gone with a blink of an eye - LOL x

Morning all, hope your all ready for a new Dukan day :) I started my journey on monday, had a blip on wed, back on track now. Just feel so full of energy and motivation. I am so proud of myself as I don't usually stick to healthy eating/ diets as when it gets to a Friday my the time its 6 o clock I am like "its wine o clock!" The first glass does not touch the sides ..then the bottle just kind of evaporates :S ...so not only have I dropped 4lb I have actually changed my friday night habit :) so its all good! I am excited at what the future holds. Who needs wine when you are running on adrenaline of feeling so happy and motivated.
Hope you all have a brilliant saturday. X

cruise is brilliant Sonya couldnt wait to get my chops around a tomato! of all things - I do miss fruit very much especially bananas & proper porridge but I can honestly say with hand on heart I havent had any - so looking forward to summer fruit though - <dribble> - keep going love if your anything like me once you are in the dukan zone then ............. 24lbs gone with a blink of an eye - LOL x

I am craving tomatoes too chris, and I love grapes(sob) (especially in the form of wine lol)oh well small price to pay to be happier and healthier.

I am so inspired by you your gonna be my dukan guru mentor haha ...so when I think I am gonna slide I am gonna go back to your diary :)

Keep up the good work chris, your just doing fab. I hope in 6 months time I can achieve something as positive and inspirational. Thank you xx

You must share your muffin recipe, not tried them yet! X

Hi, you should definitely try muffins they are a real lifesaver - delicious. I really struggled at the beginning, missing my weekend wine so I know how you feel! You get used to it surprisingly quickly though and seeing the scales going lower is a great motivation. There are lots of tips on here re "transit issues", I'd advise wheatbran in muffins and lots of rhubarb (in muffins or stewed with a wee bit of sweetened vanilla cream cheese are both tasty), also plenty of green leafy veg on PV days. Did I read somewhere you have 8 kids? I have 5, have the greatest respect for you if you've managed more than that!!! Have a good Dukan weekend.

Hi, you should definitely try muffins they are a real lifesaver - delicious. I really struggled at the beginning, missing my weekend wine so I know how you feel! You get used to it surprisingly quickly though and seeing the scales going lower is a great motivation. There are lots of tips on here re "transit issues", I'd advise wheatbran in muffins and lots of rhubarb (in muffins or stewed with a wee bit of sweetened vanilla cream cheese are both tasty), also plenty of green leafy veg on PV days. Did I read somewhere you have 8 kids? I have 5, have the greatest respect for you if you've managed more than that!!! Have a good Dukan weekend.

Yes I have 8 children! And have gained with each baby...but my youngest is 5 now so I can't keep making excuses :) I also think that's why I needed my friday wine as with 8 my week is ultra busy so it was my chill out "and breeaatheee" time lol. I am goingto have a go at the muffins when I find a recipe :) I will also look out for rhubarb mmmmmm :) x thanks for the support x

8 children - wow that is amazing, no wonder you miss Friday night wine. Lovely to hear how motivated you are feeling - I have that feeling every morning when I wake up and am not trying to move 276lbs out of bed anymore!!! Now I spring out and into the shower thinking how lovely it is to be 88lb thinner!! It is a great diet - get on with some muffin baking cos they truly have been a HUGE staple on this diet - look at the orange Duffin recipe and take out the choc/orange and substitute for vanilla if you prefer!!!

You say wow 8 children..I say WOW 88lb!!!!!!!! Now that's AMAZING! I will see if I can find some muffin recipes, what a great site this is! I LOVE all the brilliant stories and feedback :) x

Thanks Sonya - muffin recipe in the recipe section. Defo would not have been so easy without my Minimins friends - there a great bunch of people and truly inspiring!!!

Oh My Sonya 8 children - I have enough and I've only 2 and both grown up - by the eck and your dieting too - I take my cap off to you love - lol

muffins are delish - this is what I do but there are a number of recipes floating around the forum ...........

4 large eggs
4 Tbl sweetner
4 Tbl 0% plain yoghurt
squirt of dukan flavouring - I have a collection now from the Dukan website coconut, mocha, nougat, hazelnut & caramel (all my favs)
add all together and beat with a whisk
stir in 4 tbl of oatbran & 2 Tbl of wheat bran (2 days allowance in cruise)

I use silicone muffin trays and out of the above batch I get approx 6 muffins so thats 3 each day. I have a fan oven and cook on 180degs for 18 - 20 mins. prefer them a bit well done otherwise they can be a bit soggy.

Love them cannot for the life of me cook a decent galette and not keen on dukan bread so I have muffins everyday havent got fed up of them yet. I make a load usually on a Sunday for the rest of the working week and freeze them. Take 3 out at night for the following day. I take them to work to have with my coffee :)

Just a quick update as rushing out to take my sons to rugby(in the pouring rain) oh joy! I am so excited I had to post. 6.2lb loss on attack!!!!!! Wwoooo hooooooooooo!!!! So happy!!!! And motivated!! Will post menu later . I am buzzing so much I might join in with the rugby haha! Only downside not been to the loo properly for 3 days. (Help!!) X

Back