Sonyas Dukan Diary .....the start to a new thinner healthier me!

Tues march 6th day 3 cruise pv

Zero fat Yoghurt and bran
Green tea

4 crab sticks

Chicken breast grilled with half small tub low fat cottage cheese with chives
Glass diet coke

2 chicken breasts with morrocan herbs and lemon juice
A tomato, cucumber ,raw onion, half small tub cottage cheese.

2 pints diet coke
1 litre water
1 cup apple and cinnamon tea.

Cruise going ok this last few days although still having toilet issues :/ .
I am finding the introduction of veg hasn't helped but I am enjoying some fresh flavours all the same.
I am hoping the weight is still gonna fall as I have had a few helpful posts this week pointing out that some of the things I am eating in my diary is not the right thing :( so not sure how this is gonna go. I will have to wait until I have used up what I have and next shop to be ultra critical in what I buy.
Other than that I have been delighted that even the small weightloss I have had has been noticed. "You look slimmer" , " you look really well" , " what are you up to? You look like the cats got the cream!" "You look really happy" ...just a few comments over the past few days. I bet I do look happy too. I am so grateful for the good things in my life, my hubby and 8 kids..I just didn't like myself. I have never been so motivated to stick to something and that spurs me on. Plus all the REAL stories on here. We can aLl read about weightloss stories in mags, but on here real people with true daily stories is the motivation for me. When I see how some of you have dropped 40, 90, 100lb it just blows me away. The friendship and support is amazing. So I will hopefully continue to be inspired, and keep looking like the cat that got the cream :) have a great day my Dukan friends xxx

Wed march 7th day 4 cruise pp day.

Poached egg
Fat free yoghurt and oatbran

2 slices lean ham and 2 tblespoon cottage cheese
Green tea
4 crab sticks

Dry fried king prawns with lemon juice and chilli flakes
Rump steak with black pepper
Fat free yoghurt
Glass diet coke

1 litre water (so far! Aiming to have another half a ltre before I go to bed)

I am so pleased! Bought some of the fat free natural greek yoghurt and added tiny bit of sweetner,and a couple of drops of vanilla extract. It was absolutely gorgeous!! So much so I don't think I will be buying any other yoghurts in future for my kids. So thanks again ladies for sharing that info. RESULT!! :)
Hope that you have all had a good day. X

Lovely post sonyamc :) and I'm glad to see you've found a dessert you like. Your dinner looks lovely incidentally... (8 kids, wow!!)

Lovely post sonyamc :) and I'm glad to see you've found a dessert you like. Your dinner looks lovely incidentally... (8 kids, wow!!)

It was delicious! :) who says dukan has to be boring! I am making the most of all the herbs ,spices and condiments to liven my food up.

I am chuffed to bits with the yoghurt Jo, I am gonna be experimental with some more flavours.

I have never stuck to any diet/ eating plan in my life so have been delighted at how "do-able" dukan is. I love the simplicity and no weighing. I am so glad I found this site as I honestly believe all the feedback and encouragement really helps. X

im the same with diets usually but i love this one and it works for me :D

I love it Ellie! Its a no brainer isn't it! I have really started to think about what rubbish I have been putting into my body! I have lots more energy, I realise now it was the carbs that was probably tiring me out..and the depression at feeling so cr*p with myself. I had lost some weight since xmas before I started this but I have now lost my first stone. I can't believe how much better I feel and how much more focussed and positive I feel. So for that alone its worth sticking to. I hope I can do it. Coming on here and getting all the lovely feedback and encouragement is so brilliant. I have never used a forum for anything before and really would recommend this to anyone who just needs that extra support. X

Thurs march 8th pv

Poached egg
2 slices lean ham
Cup green tea

Butternut squash with chilli soup
Green tea
0 fat yoghurt with sweetner and vanilla extract

Chicken tikka breasts x 2 made with 0 fat yoghutr lemon juice and tandoori masala powder, garlic powder,
Tomatoes, onion, cucumber and 2 tbsp cottage cheese

2 glasses diet coke
1.5 ltre water

Started day ok..tho still struggling with toilet "issues"..so decided to drag out my trainers which would probably fetch a fortune on the antiques roadshow due to the pristine condition and the age of them!
Had a jog around the block.well a kind of try and make it to the next lampost,then the next and so on until I collapsed in a heap on my doorstep fighting for breath like a 40 a day smoker even tho I have never smoked in my life..
I timed myself so I now have a record to beat : )
I had worked up an appetite so tucked into my soup which was worse punishment than the run!!
Thought a nice soup with plenty of chilli would do the trick so help with "transition" issues...sadly not although I did manage to sweat out a few litres and burn off my taste buds with the over enthusiasm of chilli....it was H H H HOT!!!!

Spent a delightful afternoon on the phone to my 11yr old sons school as they had put him into "seclusion" for his behaviour to a teacher...
He's normally a really good boy so I was shocked..when I found out he had muttered baaa (sheep noise) under his breath when his friends said the teacher was afraid of sheep, I didn't know what to say.....seclusion for baaing??? Oh well good to know the school has discipline I suppose, but a bit harsh from my point of view. A telling off would have sufficed..but hey ho!

The rest of the day consisted of school run, drop off girls to dancing lesson, visit MIL , pick up from dancing, try and force the kids to taste my delicious *cough* soup of which they were having none of it! (Don't blame them lol)

I really enjoyed my chicken tikka tea :) I can never get sick of chicken , which is a blessing on this plan.

I haven't had much of an appetite the last few days so have felt like I was forcefeeding myself so enjoying tea was a bonus.
Anyway I am rambling now. Catch you all later x

Hi chris, its great. Its like I had one of those lightbulb moments! Its so obvious now to me where I was going wrong. I never ate a lot before, never had breakfast EVER, got so starving by about 2pm that I would eat whatever was handy especially crisps, bread, biscuits...etc....

I am now learning how to eat properly as in breakfast , lunch and dinner...no skipping meals or breakfast.

Its early days for me so far, but I am seeing results already so that's keeping me motivated as well as this site and the support of you lovely ladies :)
I am totally into it and finding it relatively easy. I am missing wine ....especially as its friday :) but I guess my liver is enjoying the holiday haha x

Same hear Sonya miss my wine too x

Sididd, oh will I celebrate with a glass when I get to my true weight :)

I really do miss bananas & real porridge Oh and all the other naughty stuff especially something beginning with C - we won't mention that on here - but I'd rather be missing them than feeling like I did pre Dukan ............

Fri march 9th PP

0 yoghurt and bran
Green tea

Chicken tikka breast
4 crab sticks
0 yoghurt

Chicken in soy sauce, ginger, garlic and chilli.

2 pints diet coke
1.5 litres water

Another day crossed oFf my first week of cruise. I can't actually believe I have stuck to this for 11 days!! Looking forward to my monday weigh in.

Todays been another busy day..

Went to son no4 school assembly first thing, they do a class assembly about what makes their teacher proud, so that was a nice start to the day..I almost made a fool of myself and embarrassed my son as when they sang a song I felt myself filling up...it was a song about being proud to be "me" that there's only every gonna be one "me" so make the most of how special you are etc etc..a really uplifting song, but I am terrible when I hear little kids singing. I managed to save face and blink back the tears but it was a close one! You should see me at nativity play, I am good for nothing!!!

Went home did 2 hours of manic housework had lunch, then more washing, ironing etc till schoolrun.
Boys at rugby training tonight so its all a rush . The kids having a chicken dinner , but hubby is making me some chinese style chicken adapted to fit into dukan (a change from my normal tikka!)
My daughters both dance so are teaching me some "core" excercises for my tummy. After 8 babies I have had a biggish tubby and I have noticed as its flattening the skin isn't looking so good...any tips for smoothing or tightening skin????
I saw a post earlier in the week about facial excercises, but I can't find it?? If anyone has the link or knows the post I am on about please could you pass it on. Thought I would give it a go as I don't want to lose face fat and look all jowly yuk!!
Hope all my dukaneer friends have had a good week, and here's wishing you all a fantastic weekend.:) :) :)
I love it that I have made friends with such a bunch of "losers" :) :). Xx

Hahaha love your post hahaha xxx

Hi I'm not doing the same diet as you, but I think a lot of people have toliet issues, I do/ did and used sennakot but that is only a short term solution. My cousin who has mild ibs suggested aloe Vera juice 25ml 2x day as a natural remedy .. It is amazing! I don't get bloated and my toliet issues are a thing of the past!! Google it and see what they say.. I buy from a Heath food shop, cranberry flavour as natural is really not that great! But you choose :)

Sat March 10th pv

Today is gonna be a test of sorts..
My daughter is with a dance company in newcastle 50miles away, so she has to get the train up there every Saturday. As she's only 13 as are a lot of the kids who go us parents take a turn in chaperoning them on the train. So...lucky old me has my turn today.
Chaperoning 10 giggly teenage girls isn't my ideal saturday..but hey ho what we do to keep our kids happy. When its my turn (once a month) I tend to make the most of the shopping opportunity, or in the past the EATING opportunity, as my other daughters come with me and we basically shop-coffee shop-shop more-lunch-shop-coffee shop!! So this will be my first trip as a Dukaner!
So.....I need ideas on what to eat out in Newcastle, ?????
I have also found out that its open auditions for X Factor in Newcastle. So no doubt its gonna be a busy train ride!
Quick replys please on the eating out!! I leave in about 2 hours!
Thanks all! X

Hi I'm not doing the same diet as you, but I think a lot of people have toliet issues, I do/ did and used sennakot but that is only a short term solution. My cousin who has mild ibs suggested aloe Vera juice 25ml 2x day as a natural remedy .. It is amazing! I don't get bloated and my toliet issues are a thing of the past!! Google it and see what they say.. I buy from a Heath food shop, cranberry flavour as natural is really not that great! But you choose :)

Thanks for that! I have actually just bought some aloe vera colon cleanse tablets from the health food store. I explained the situation and that I was on Dukan and she advised these tabs as they are a gentle product. So fingers crossed!

Back