Total Solution South Pacific

Hi Julie :)

Had a nice day in Sydney - went to the wildlife park in Darling Harbour, then got the ferry back to circular quay and wandered round to the opera house. The weather improved greatly in the afternoon - the rain cleared and the sun came out.

Have 3 days at sea now......next port is Alotau in PNG, arriving on Sunday. Weather today was very dodgy - wet and cold, but forecast for tomorrow is very much better :D

.....spent a very idle day reading and doing sudoku, and an afternoon nap as I'm still very jet lagged :rolleyes:

It sounds like you had a lovely day in Sydney. It's a great city with lots to see and do although I haven't been for years, apart from a few hours in the transit lounge. Rest up and enjoy being pampered and get over your jet lag. PNG sounds fascinating, and somewhere few people get to visit in comparison to the other countries and islands in the south pacific. You'll need to keep us updated.

P.S. An update today - Summer is over. Yesterday 30C and sunny, today 18C and rain. I hope you have some lovely weather for the rest of your cruise.

Last edited:
Hello from PNG :)

It's incredibly hot and humid, but very peaceful here on my balcony :D

Just got back from a tour of the little town and the local school - a very humbling experience.,

image.jpeg Hello from beautiful Rabaul

At sea, bound for Brisbane. Arrive tomorrow morning, then fly home at 9pm - have booked a day room at hotel rather than hang around at the airport for 12 hours.

Have had a fabulous holiday :)

At sea, bound for Brisbane. Arrive tomorrow morning, then fly home at 9pm - have booked a day room at hotel rather than hang around at the airport for 12 hours.

Have had a fabulous holiday :)

Have a good time on you last couple of days, and a good flight home. I live in Richmond under one of the flight paths for Heathrow so I will think of you as the planes fly overhead. I'm getting ready to go on holiday in just over a week and sorting out everything for my house/cat sitters. I decided I needed to get their room redecorated, and the floors on that level re-sanded and polished and like all work it has run over schedule.

Have a good time on you last couple of days, and a good flight home. I live in Richmond under one of the flight paths for Heathrow so I will think of you as the planes fly overhead. I'm getting ready to go on holiday in just over a week and sorting out everything for my house/cat sitters. I decided I needed to get their room redecorated, and the floors on that level re-sanded and polished and like all work it has run over schedule.

Thank you Julie :)

Sitting in Brisbane airport now, waiting for my flight. Dubai first, then onwards to Heathrow - arrive 14:30 tomorrow, so I'll wave to you ;)

Got home on Monday evening, after a very long journey :rolleyes:

.....but worth it for such a fabulous holiday :D

Papua New Guinea is stunning, and such lovely people - happy, smiling and welcoming :)

I was back at work on Wednesday and wish I could say that was a happy experience :(

......I'm hoping it was just tiredness and the inevitable return to work feeling after a holiday, but it hasn't been a great few days back at work. I will see how things go over the coming weeks, but it's nice to know I have retirement 'up my sleeve'. I really want to stay on for the next 6 months and retire at 60 as planned, but not if I'm going to be miserable o_O

I put on a few pounds while I was away, but I'm back on TS now......and plan to keep to that until target :)

Darcy is back......onwards and downwards :D

Well, hanging my head in shame after gaining quite a bit during and after my holiday :(

But, I've reset my ticker and my stats and I'm starting afresh today :D

Darcy is back in town :)

Hello Darcy. Happy New Year, let's have a successful 2017 xx

Back