Total Solution South Pacific

glad you had a nice midsummer's day Darcey, we have had nothing but rain:( hope you manage to get back on track, hopefully once you have finished all the DY it will get easier you have done so well so far!:553:xx

Hi everyone - greetings from a very wet and windy Exeter

Working here today - and not a nice drive down at all :(

Busy weekend planned as hopefully the wardrobe will be finshed and I can put my clothes away!!! :)

Good afternoon Darcy, think it's winter here! Was frozen walking to work this morning! :gen125: Have a fabulous day :hug99: xx

Good morning everyone :)

Today is my restart after several weeks of really bad comfort eating :(

I have let circumstances get the better of me and let the stress of home and work lead to going back to my old ways. As a result I have put on weight and feel pretty disgusted with myself.

Well, no more!!!

I feel good today, postive and raring to go again.

Darcy is back! :)

Last edited:
My boss has just given me a lovely bunch of flowers - a thank you for taking on a difficult project this week.

How nice to be appreciated!! :)

...and the builder has just phoned to say he is working on the kitchen floor today - yay!!!! We are nearly there!!!

All great news! So glad to have my fellow perfect-height dieter back on board!

Good afternoon Darcy, glad to hear you're back on track.

How lovely of your boss. I agree it is nice to feel appreciated!

And :woohoo: that the builder's nearly done! :D :hug99: xx

I'm having a really tough time :cry:

My Dad has had another fall - found him on the floor when I got home from work yesterday.

Have spent all day trying to get some help sorted out. He's just been taken to hospital for X rays - I'm praying that he is kept in.

To be honest I'm at my wit's end.

Oh what a shame. Sending big hugs xx xx

Love and (((HUGS))) Darcy. Hope your dad hasn't broken anything xx

So sorry to hear that, Darcy. I hope you find a solution that works for him and you soon :hug:

Oh Darcy, so sorry hun. I hope you get some help :hug99: xx

Dad has fractured his arm, had an operation this morning.

Just back from the hospital. Had a very difficult conversation but have been open and honest - I can no longer look after him. He has had numerous falls, and has been lucky not to seriously injure himself so far. The next time he won't be so lucky.

He has agreed to residential care.

So.......over to social services, and take it from there.

Feel completely exhausted now.

(((Darcy))) So sorry about your dad, but (unfortunately) it may be a blessing in disguise. We had the same scenario with my mum in law.
She spent her last 6 months in a care home and was so happy there. It took so much pressure off my father in law and us, as we were all struggling to give her the 100% care and attention around the clock that she needed. Her being in care meant we could shake off a lot of the stress and devote loving quality time with her. We all benefited, none more-so than my mum in law, who whilst there, remembered that she loved us. At home we had become these strangers that she didn't want feeding/washing/dressing her.

I think what I'm trying to say is, don't let guilt or regret creep into your head. You've put your dad first and you will both benefit. Take care, sending lots of hugs :hug99: xx

Hey Darcy x sorry to hear about your dad's arm x
Hope you are doing ok x
You've done so much for him hunny and he knows that hopefully he'll be happy when he settles in and as said before then you can enjoy more quality time together
Just wanted to say I know it must be really hard but you're doing the right thing
Sending lots of love and cuddles your way x

Hi Darcy,

Sorry to hear about your dad.

I really think you've done the best thing for both of you.

Please don't be too hard on yourself :bighug:

Back