Speed Food Challenge

In the summer hahaha, no I keep mine in the fridge for 3 days and use what I want, if there is any left after that I use the zip lock bags from Tesco and freeze it and just take it out the morning I am going to use it. But it rarely, if ever has lasted that long, my daughter and son in law both take it to work with them, just drain the juice off and heat it in the microwave at work xx
Oh and I have been known to have it as a late night snack when I get those odd days when nothing will satisfy me, usually time of the month times, even tho i had a hysterectomy 14 years ago I still get the TOTM munchies lol

Thanks again Lily :D I'll leave you in peace now xx

Thanks again Lily :D I'll leave you in peace now xx

Any time hun you are most welcome xx...just let me know what you think of the soup I just adore it and my weight loss seems to be doing ok on it lol xx

Any time hun you are most welcome xx...just let me know what you think of the soup I just adore it and my weight loss seems to be doing ok on it lol xx

Thanks Lily - will do :D

My list today includes:

melon
strawberries
raspberries
kiwi
nectarine
baked beans
carrots
courgettes
mushrooms
onions
petit pois
sprouts
green beans
swede
another nectarine
2 ryvitas
tomatoes

Wooooooo!!! Thats 17 today! pretty impressive for me. :D Also had some blueberries and a banana but neither speed so didn't add them to the list.

Oh, and in answer to someone's earlier question - its very gassy in our house this last few days. :eek: but the losses are usually better so its worth the increased costs in air freshener! :D

Wow some impressive lists here.

I am going to start doing this again now I am back from holiday and on a mission to get back in target range and stay there !!!!

Todays list is short but having a lot of each food

raspberries
apple
melon (whole melon)
stir free mix (mainly bean sprouts and cabbage)
tomatoes
onions?
peppers
cucumber
quorn

Wow better than i expected there with 9

Hi everyone can i join you please, i have seriously been falling back on my speed food thanx to having a few easy weeks but now i need to get serious because i know my weightloss will stall x

:welcome: Safia :wavey:
Mo x

Wow some impressive lists here.

I am going to start doing this again now I am back from holiday and on a mission to get back in target range and stay there !!!!

Todays list is short but having a lot of each food

raspberries
apple
melon (whole melon)
stir free mix (mainly bean sprouts and cabbage)
tomatoes
onions?
peppers
cucumber
quorn

Wow better than i expected there with 9

Hi Derbynanny :wavey:
Hope you had a good holiday :D Where'd you go?
Mo x

Here's today's little lot
icon_lol.gif

*Free but not Speed:

*sweetcorn
*grapes

Apples
Strawberries
Blackberries
Blueberries
Redcurrants
Blackcurrants
Melon
Pineapple
Strawberries
peppers
cucumber
lettuce
beetroot
onions
mushrooms
tuna
tomatoes
wow that is great - how do you fit it all in? what portion size of each do you eat or does it even matter?

wow that is great - how do you fit it all in? what portion size of each do you eat or does it even matter?

Hey debtin :D I have fruit for breakfast, mid morning, afternoon and evening. I have salad & or veg at lunch & dinner.
I don't have full portions of everything, for example a 'Portion' of Apricots is 3 apricots, blueberries is 4 heaped tbsp. An adult fruit portion is 80g. I definitely have more than 80g at breakfast, but not full individual portions of each fruit. EG, this morning I had Pineapple (approx 2 sliced rings), Melon (approx 1/4), Strawberries (approx 6 sliced), blueberries (handful), kiwi (1) & apple (1/2) in my dish. All yummy yum ;) My most frequently eaten fruit is apples because they are cheap ;)

If you're interested here's a link for portion guide :D

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/5ADAY/Documents/Downloads/5ADAY_portion_guide.pdf

Today's list

*Free but not Speed:

*grapes
*blueberries

Apples
Strawberries
Blueberries
Melon
Pineapple
cucumber
lettuce
beetroot
onions
mushrooms
tomatoes
apricot
kiwi
turkey

Here's my list for today:

Banana *
Cherries
Grapes*
Kiwi
Melon
Satsumas
Strawberries
Beetroot
Baby courgettes
Cabbage
Carrots
Cannellini beans
Celery
Onions
Petit pois
French beans
Sweetcorn*
Tomatoes
Butternut squash
Haddock
Cod
Mussels
Prawns
Squid
Winkles

Had a great day today and made a very expensive but very delicious fish pie yummy yum yum lol xxxx

*Free but not speed

Here's my list for today:

Banana *
Cherries
Grapes*
Kiwi
Melon
Satsumas
Strawberries
Beetroot
Baby courgettes
Cabbage
Carrots
Cannellini beans
Celery
Onions
Petit pois
French beans
Sweetcorn*
Tomatoes
Butternut squash
Haddock
Cod
Mussels
Prawns
Squid
Winkles

Had a great day today and made a very expensive but very delicious fish pie yummy yum yum lol xxxx

*Free but not speed

That's 22 on your list Lily! :D - Awesome :wow:

That's 22 on your list Lily! :D - Awesome :wow:

It was an awesome fish pie hun, had loads of fish and seafood in the freezer so decided to splash out a bit and boy was it delicious lol but I think I am fit to burst ...been 3 hours since dinner and I am still full to bursting lol and I didn't clear my plate, now there's a first lol
Hope that means I might well get my 6lb loss this week although feeling like this its hard to believe, even tho i know from last week and other weeks, that I could possibly feel this full and still lose weight, I LOVEEEEE SLIMMING WORLD !!! xx

Sorry you were disappointed with your weight loss :-(

Well being creative today to get speed food in as have not shopped yet

forest fruits frozen (mostly speed berries)
melon
tomatoes
swede and carrots
quorn

not sure what else as i am off to a meeting later where everything will be sw friendly but nto necessarily speedy.

Was only down half a pound at weigh in , was gutted , i have never had so much ss food in all my life

Aww hun don't be gutted it's a loss and all losses are good.
Maybe you need to look at other stuff, like the things that kept me from losing when I had in my opinion been the best I could be and really stuck to the plan as I saw it, but have since learned that maybe I was overdoing it in some areas and under doing it in others i.e. I was drinking 6-8 pints of water a day as well as tea and coffee, have cut that back to 3-4 pints, also I was only eating 3 maybe 4 at a push syns a day, I am now eating 12-14 a day, saw a video on you tube that made me realise I have to eat a certain amount of fat a day to encourage my body to give up the fat I am storing and with just those few little tweaks (along with the speed and super speed foods increase), I have gone from losing on average 1/2 -1lb a week to the last 3 weeks I have managed to lose 8lbs and had my birthday within those 3 weeks and while I was aware of what I was putting in my mouth I didn't really hold back too much either. Just a thought hun, either way keep up the good work, onwards and downwards xxxx

Aww hun don't be gutted it's a loss and all losses are good.
Maybe you need to look at other stuff, like the things that kept me from losing when I had in my opinion been the best I could be and really stuck to the plan as I saw it, but have since learned that maybe I was overdoing it in some areas and under doing it in others i.e. I was drinking 6-8 pints of water a day as well as tea and coffee, have cut that back to 3-4 pints, also I was only eating 3 maybe 4 at a push syns a day, I am now eating 12-14 a day, saw a video on you tube that made me realise I have to eat a certain amount of fat a day to encourage my body to give up the fat I am storing and with just those few little tweaks (along with the speed and super speed foods increase), I have gone from losing on average 1/2 -1lb a week to the last 3 weeks I have managed to lose 8lbs and had my birthday within those 3 weeks and while I was aware of what I was putting in my mouth I didn't really hold back too much either. Just a thought hun, either way keep up the good work, onwards and downwards xxxx

What video Lily, can you remember? Maybe post the link for me/us, out of interest? Could be helpful to others :D
:D x

Didn't manage to get online yesterday so here's yesterday's list

melon
strawberries
raspberries
kiwi
2 ryvitas
tomatoes
cucumber
tuna
apple
peppers
chicken
mushrooms
onions
courgettes
aubergine
more tomatoes

Weighed in this morning and I've managed to lose 1.5 lb this week, not bad but not as much as I expected but *week has snuck up on me unexpectedly (I'm fast approaching that age when my body no longer behaves as it should, lol. :rolleyes:)

Will be back online later with today's list.

What video Lily, can you remember? Maybe post the link for me/us, out of interest? Could be helpful to others :D
:D x

Hi hun I am the biggest techno-phobe there is but I do remember what it was called and that it's in 6 parts...It's 10 things you need to know about losing weight

Well worth a watch and if you can find one called Dead Fat with Stephen Nolan, that was on You tube too, but seems to be only a trailer of it now and not the full programme (both of these were originally shown on BBC1), then watch that too if you're not squeamish (it shows an autopsy of a Morbidly Obese woman), as it too is very informative and definitely made me stick to the plan xxx

Back