Speed Food Challenge

Hope your daughters are well after their starlight walk Lily :D How did it all go? x

Hi Twinkle, they did an amazing job, they completed the 13 miles in 3 hours and 20 mins, not bad in my opinion for 4 ladies (they had another 2 friends with them) who have never walked anywhere close to that many miles until they started training for this walk and also from Slimming World club S.Oxhey, they are all astounding, in a bit of pain today but they are good, more tired than anything.
Hubby, myself and 2 of my eldest daughters children met them for breakfast this morning. I was awake all night talking to them and encouraging them, and I am definitely going to try to get fit enough to do it next year myself. Apart from anything else they got a snog from Martin Kemp, that alone is worth the pain in my opinion lol xx

Anyway, my list for today is very small, even though I was careful with most of what I had for breakfast at the cafe (they are superb nothing is too much trouble, they even get low fat sausages in for us, blinding), I have felt sick ever since, I think it was the white crusty bread lol, I just couldn't resist, I haven't had any for over a year now and I used to buy 3 crusty loafs a week...oh well it's taught me a lesson, stick with my wholemeal from now on...so onto my list.

Strawberries
Cherries
Cabbage
Baby Courgette
Carrots
French beans
Mushrooms
Onions
Banana*
Chicken

* free but not speed

Oh well nose back to the grindstone tomorrow, got WI on Tuesday
xxxxxxx

Hi Twinkle, they did an amazing job, they completed the 13 miles in 3 hours and 20 mins, not bad in my opinion for 4 ladies (they had another 2 friends with them) who have never walked anywhere close to that many miles until they started training for this walk and also from Slimming World club S.Oxhey, they are all astounding, in a bit of pain today but they are good, more tired than anything.
Hubby, myself and 2 of my eldest daughters children met them for breakfast this morning. I was awake all night talking to them and encouraging them, and I am definitely going to try to get fit enough to do it next year myself. Apart from anything else they got a snog from Martin Kemp, that alone is worth the pain in my opinion lol xx

Anyway, my list for today is very small, even though I was careful with most of what I had for breakfast at the cafe (they are superb nothing is too much trouble, they even get low fat sausages in for us, blinding), I have felt sick ever since, I think it was the white crusty bread lol, I just couldn't resist, I haven't had any for over a year now and I used to buy 3 crusty loafs a week...oh well it's taught me a lesson, stick with my wholemeal from now on...so onto my list.

Strawberries
Cherries
Cabbage
Baby Courgette
Carrots
French beans
Mushrooms
Onions
Banana*
Chicken

* free but not speed

Oh well nose back to the grindstone tomorrow, got WI on Tuesday
xxxxxxx

Oh good for them Lily!! And a lip lock with Martin Kemp! Lucky lasses!! :lilkiss:

Oh good for them Lily!! And a lip lock with Martin Kemp! Lucky lasses!! :lilkiss:

That's definitely the biggest reason to sign up for next years walk lol...oh and raising the money for charity of course.
Martin starts the walk every year, his wife is a local girl and they are often seen out and about in Watford .
My daughters said they were about 15 minutes later starting than anyone else cos they were determined he wasn't getting away until they'd got their snog lmao and I would do exactly the same lol

I have put some pics in my profile and hoping to add a couple more when they get them.

xx

That's definitely the biggest reason to sign up for next years walk lol...oh and raising the money for charity of course.
Martin starts the walk every year, his wife is a local girl and they are often seen out and about in Watford .
My daughters said they were about 15 minutes later starting than anyone else cos they were determined he wasn't getting away until they'd got their snog lmao and I would do exactly the same lol

I have put some pics in my profile and hoping to add a couple more when they get them.

xx

Oh I agree - he is soooo worth it :rotflmao:
Your daughters are beautiful Lily :D

Oh I agree - he is soooo worth it :rotflmao:
Your daughters are beautiful Lily :D

Thank you Twinkle, I think they are too but then I might be a little biased lol
Ooooh Martin Kemp or Johnny Depp...hmm tough choice, ahhh blow it I'll have both hahaha xxx

Thank you Twinkle, I think they are too but then I might be a little biased lol
Ooooh Martin Kemp or Johnny Depp...hmm tough choice, ahhh blow it I'll have both hahaha xxx

Haha, I'd be happy with Martin or his twin brother, :giggle:

Haha, I'd be happy with Martin or his twin brother, :giggle:

Gary? They aren't twins, Gary was born 16th October 1959 and Martin 10th October 1961, So Gary is actually 2 years older, but everyone remembers them as the Kray twins and assumes that they were twins in real life...but I get what you mean lol...Gary hmmm not quite as cute as Martin or Johnny but who am I to be fussy lol xx

todays list

lettuce (2 portions)
toms (2 portions)
cucumber (2 portions)
red pepper
sweetcorn
onion
carrot
plums
apricots
melon
cherries

Not a good day today...met the girls in the cafe after their walk and indulged and paid the price all day yesterday and today for it, that'll teach me something's I never seem to learn lol, so had a very easy day food wise, don't want to set off the volcano in my tummy again so here's my list:

Onions
Cannellini beans
Carrots
Celery
Strawberries
Cherries
Banana *

*Free but not speed

May have more later if hungry but right now that's it for today xx

Sorry not been around last few days - fell off the wagon in spectacular style however I'm back now and raring to go...
Here's yesterday:

Strawberries
Onion
Tomatoes
Yellow pepper
Red pepper
Garden peas
Quorn pieces

Think that's ok for throw together meals till I go shopping tonight! X

Well done everyone x

Well done for getting back in there Funky ;) Make sure you'r not hungry when you go shopping hun :D

*Free but not Speed:

*blueberries
*banana
*Sweetcorn

Baked beans
Apples
Cherries
Strawberries
Blackberries
Melon
Pineapple
Carrots
onions
peppers
tomatoes
bacon
Beetroot
Mushrooms
Swede
Parsnips

Today's list:

*Free but not Speed:

*blueberries
*grapes
*parsnip

Apricot
Apples
Cherries
Strawberries
Blackberries
Blackcurrants
Redcurrants
Pineapple
Melon
Carrots
onions
peppers
cucumber

Still suffering from Sunday's huge faux pas, tummy feels like hell and to top it all put on 3lbs this week and after such an amazing week last week....still will make doubly sure I work harder this week, so here is my list for today:

Mushrooms
Onions
Celery
Lettuce
Beetroot
Peppers
Cucumber
Carrots
Tomatoes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Raspberries
Grapes*
Banana*
Kiwi
Peach
Cannellini beans
Baked beans

* Free but not speed

Cya tomorrow xx

Ooh
yuk.gif
Hope you feel better soon Lily and are back to your super self
supernana.gif

:D xx

Ooh
yuk.gif
Hope you feel better soon Lily and are back to your super self
supernana.gif

:D xx

Thanks hun, I can't believe how silly I was :booboo:, but I am not going to dwell on it, tummy is still a little sore and haven't been able to stay away from the loo :sick0019:,but that's the price I had to pay, nose back to the grindstone this week for sure xx

Thanks hun, I can't believe how silly I was :booboo:, but I am not going to dwell on it, tummy is still a little sore and haven't been able to stay away from the loo :sick0019:,but that's the price I had to pay, nose back to the grindstone this week for sure xx

What on earth did you eat that disagreed so badly?

I think this is a great idea!

Today I've had...

Lettace
Cucumber
Spring Onions
Pepper
Pineapple
Melon
Apple

After all your inspiring lists, I hope to eat much more speed foods this week

I think this is a great idea!

Today I've had...

Lettace
Cucumber
Spring Onions
Pepper
Pineapple
Melon
Apple

After all your inspiring lists, I hope to eat much more speed foods this week

welcome-dudette.gif
NiaX and good luck ;)

What on earth did you eat that disagreed so badly?

I had the ultimate sin hun, went to the cafe had ...and I feel so silly that I allowed myself to be tempted after 18 months of not going anywhere near that kind of stuff ....1 full fat fried sausage, I fried egg, 2 slices fried black pudding, I large bubble and squeak again fried, 2 rashers of bacon yep fried again, heaps of mushrooms fried in butter and 2 slices of thick white crusty bread with lashings of butter then had a cup of tea with skimmed milk and a sweetener lol after all that muck I remembered the sweetener and skimmed milk oh well ...won't be doing that again, I know my body can no longer tolerate all that fat, so looking to lose the 3lb and 1lb extra if I can this week xxx

Oh man! no wonder your tum's not been happy :( Well here's to your better behaviour this week :p ;)

Back