Speed Food Challenge

Hey :D Sorry to hear about the diabetes hun. I've heard some folk say that it becomes more controllable, even reduced to almost nothing once they've lost a lot of weight, so good vives :vibes: to you for that outcome; :fingerscrossed: too, never hurts ;)

The diabetes has become much more controllable since I started the weight loss and exercise and was actually the reason I began both, I can't take the tablets, tried metformin and gliclazide and a couple more I can't remember the names of but they all made me gassy and feel sick :sign0137: and kept burping eggs and after 3 years of that decided enough is enough, been really happy with my BS levels since but had to stuff it up with the take away last night and am so annoyed with myself :flamingmad: especially after the cafe incident last week too :coffee:

Had a good day food wise, but on a personal note I got very upset this morning when I went to collect my LO from nursery to find out they had done their sports day and no-one had told me :cry: :mad:
''Oh we put a note out on Friday didn't you get it?''
I muttered no, but felt like saying 'No you stupid woman!! Do you honestly think I wouldn't have been here if I had?!?!'
I was really upset :cry: but so, so angry :mad:
It's a 'first' I'll never get back.
Feel robbed. Apologies if that sounds OTT :sigh:
Sorry, to vent, but got no where else to do it ;)

Hope you have a good evening, and double double fingers crossed :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: for your weigh in :D
Mo x

Oh no, I would be just as angry and upset as you hun :flamingmad: as you said it's a 1st you won't get back...and no you're not OTT, I would be 10 times worse :rant2: but then what can you do it's over and done with now can't get it back...but at least now you know for next year that they do sports day round about this time, no consolation I know but you won't get caught out again cos you can ask .. I can't believe the schools these days, they all need a swift kick up the backside :whoopass: . xxxx

Am feeling a little excited about the WI .... feel like I have had a really good week apart from last night

So here is my list for today:

Cannellini beans
Strawberries
Raspberries
Peach
Nectarine
Blueberries
Garlic*
Onion
Peppers
Tomatoes (tinned and fresh)
Carrots
Sugarsnap peas
Spring greens
Celery
Chicken
Apple
Banana*
Beetroot
Gherkins
Chillies

*Free but not speed

Have a great evening everyone xxxx

Thanks for the support Lily :hug99:
Sounds like you sure know what you're doing in regards to your diabetes anyhoo ;)
You've got a good list there for today :D
Mine is surprisingly similar :giggle:

*Free but not Speed:

*garlic
*banana
*grapes
*blueberries

Strawberries
cherries
Melon
pepper
apricot
beetroot
Pineapple
Cannellini beans
celery
Apples
Carrots
onions
tomatoes
passata
Mackerel
lettuce
radish

Look forward to your reporting in after weigh in ;)

Thanks for the support Lily :hug99:
Sounds like you sure know what you're doing in regards to your diabetes anyhoo ;)
You've got a good list there for today :D
Mine is surprisingly similar :giggle:

*Free but not Speed:

*garlic
*banana
*grapes
*blueberries

Strawberries
cherries
Melon
pepper
apricot
beetroot
Pineapple
Cannellini beans
celery
Apples
Carrots
onions
tomatoes
passata
Mackerel
lettuce
radish

Look forward to your reporting in after weigh in ;)

You are more than welcome hunny, I know what it's like to miss out on kids 1st everything ....my accident left me unable to do most things and my self pity did the rest, but I have finally woken up...got my grandkids sports day tomorrow my 1st sports day since my youngest was 8 years old, she's 22 now...I am quite excited so please let the rain stay off and the school bless them, have laid on a chair for me, but their school is exceptional and everybody says so.
So going to be a hectic day for me tomorrow lol wish me luck ...I feel really nervous and of course excited tooxxx

Hmm wonder why our lists look very alike ? lol
Must give Mackerel another go ...had it as a kid and hated it :yuk: but then lots of things I have always hated I have suddenly begun to like ...50 years and never liked orange or anything orangey ie satsumas , madarins etc, love them all now and strawberries couldn't bear them or blueberries now I love them :heartpump: ...so Mackerel is my next taste challenge :eating: lol
Will let you know when I get back...fingers crossed my gut feeling is good xxxxx...oh and my scales :scale::8855:helped a little
xxxx

Have a lovely lovely day Lily, you've come so far and are going amazingly well :wow:
Good luck to all the littl'uns :D:D

Thank you. So far today have eaten these, made a fruit salad for breakfast and added salad to lunch, planning on a stir fry for dinner. Hugs Crystal xx
Clementine
Lettuce
Orange
Satsuma
Nectarine
Cucumber
Pear
Apple

Hope everyone has had a good day :D
My list for today:

*Free but not Speed:

*garlic
*banana
*grapes
*blueberries

Strawberries
cherries
Melon
pepper
red cabbage
beetroot
Pineapple
Cannellini beans
celery
Apples
Carrots
onions
tomatoes
passata
baby sweetcorn
peppers
leek
mangetout

Ciao for now ;) x

Hey all, had my WI tonight, lost 3lb (that's brilliant lost the 3lb I put on last week, so can get back on track now), really really happy with that, have decided to be really focused this week, would like to get 4.5lb if I can, but I have put in my cosmic order for 6lb lol, might as well aim for my 4 and half stone shiny eh? lol, so here is my list for today:

Banana*
Kiwi
Cherries
Strawberries
Blueberries
Nectarine
Pear
2 x Plums
Cannellini Beans
Carrots
Onions
Garlic*
Celery
Mushrooms
Baked Beans
Beetroot
Gherkins

*Free but not speed

Hope you're all having a great evening, cya tomorrow xxx

Hope everyone has had a good day :D
My list for today:

*Free but not Speed:

*garlic
*banana
*grapes
*blueberries

Strawberries
cherries
Melon
pepper
red cabbage
beetroot
Pineapple
Cannellini beans
celery
Apples
Carrots
onions
tomatoes
passata
baby sweetcorn
peppers
leek
mangetout

Ciao for now ;) x

Hey hun, another fantastic speed food day for you...are you ok...I know this sounds silly but...you have been quiet on here today,just hoping you're ok, tc speak soon, Lily xx

Here is my list for today:

Cannellini beans
Carrots
Celery
Garlic*
Onions
Cabbage
Butternut squash
Baked Beans
Chicken
Strawberries
Cherries
Nectarine
Banana*
Raspberries
Plums
Pear

* Free but not speed

take care till tomorrow ....miss you twinkle xxx

Forgot to come back and update the stir fry ended up having
Beansprouts,
Cabbage
Carrots
Onions

Since I am here may as well do yesterday and today's as well
Yesterday
Lettuce
Cabbage
Onions
Carrots
Nectarines
Peppers
Satsumas
Garden Peas
Grapes
Sweetcorn
Apple

Today
Green Beans
Broccoli
Garden Peas
Leeks
Onions
Apples
Satsuma
Pear
Melon
Pineapple
Orange
Nectarines

Can I join you on the speed food challenge please??? I re-joined SW yesterday after falling off the wagon dramatically so really determined this time :)

Can I join you on the speed food challenge please??? I re-joined SW yesterday after falling off the wagon dramatically so really determined this time :)

Welcome :welcome: back Vicki, of course you can join and gl with your journey, you can do it xx :D

Had a late girlie night last night, so didn't get round to doing my list for yesterday but here it is and will do my today list later xx

Strawberries
Cherries
Orange
Mango*
Pineapple
Pear
Celery
Carrot
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Beetroot
Onions
Spring onions
Passata
Smoked Haddock
Prawns
Garlic *
Lettuce
Lentils

* Free but not speed

have a great day xxx

Last edited:
Hi Everyone

Ok so here is my very first list so hope it's ok if i forget anything i will add later.

Raspberries
Blackberries
Strawberries
Apple
Pineapple
Carrot
Swede
Onions
Garlic*
Parsnips*
Tomatoes
Potatoes*
Melon

Vicki xx

Last edited:
Here's my list for today, hope you all had a good one xx

Strawberries
Cherries
Chillies
Cannellini Beans
Butter Beans
Chick peas
Green Beans
Garlic*
Tomatoes
Onions
Celery
Orange
Banana*
Chicken
Pineapple
Carrot
Celeriac
Butternut Squash

*Free but not speed

Have a good evening all xxx

Last edited:
Here's my list for today so far

Strawberries
Blackberries
Raspberries
Melon
Banana*
carrot
Swede
Parsnip*
onion
Beansprouts
Cherries
Chicken

Think that's all not really a very big list but will keep going

Not big but not bad

*Free but not Speed:

*banana

Strawberries
cherries
Blacberries
Blackcurrants
Melon
Pineapple
Apples
onions
tomatoes
beetroot
peppers
mushrooms
lettuce
cucumber

More minestrone soup being made tomorrow & liver for tea, so yummy yum for my tum :D

Back