Spending too much!

She sounds like a wonderful girl karin xxx

she is sid, she's a lovely clever and intelligent little girl, could do with better hearing LOL, but we are always so proud of her.

dukannotsofatty said:
We try to teach our DD about spending within budget now, had a few cards and stuff in the past but got on top of it all. She gets pocket money and if she wants to buy something specific it has to come within the pocket money amount. Quite often it does, but of course there is still usually a little sulk if she hasn't quite got enough. Doesn't harm the kids to say no every now and then.

Bless her she came out of school week before last with the letter for years 5/6 saying about school residential trip next year, they only do them every two years and this is her last year. So she said, I know I probably can't go because of Daddy's job........but the teacher says we can pay a little at a time, I answered that was probably what we would do. She flung herself into my arms saying thank you, thank you, when she pulled back she had tears in her eyes.......she knew we prob couldn't afford and had already resigned herself to not going. So proud ofher for thinking about it.

If I have to scrimp every penny I am gonna make sure she gets to go, its a once in a lifetime opportunity forher.

What a lovely girl, you should be proud she certainly is learning. A lot of kids are so spoilt these days , they would have kicked and screamed about it!

I have started giving Brad pocket money to try and teach him savings, affording and that sometimes you have to wait before you can buy things. I don't buy him any sweets now or little figurine toys. And if he spends it all he knows there won't be any more sweets till next pocket money! I Have explained what all that mean but being 5 I obviously still get these are my pennies can I afford pizza for dinner!!!! Or if he uses it all up before Friday ( pay day!) then he asks me why I gave him the money on Friday instead if that day as its my fault he now has none!!!!

Love kids logic xxx

What a lovely girl, you should be proud she certainly is learning. A lot of kids are so spoilt these days , they would have kicked and screamed about it!

I have started giving Brad pocket money to try and teach him savings, affording and that sometimes you have to wait before you can buy things. I don't buy him any sweets now or little figurine toys. And if he spends it all he knows there won't be any more sweets till next pocket money! I Have explained what all that mean but being 5 I obviously still get these are my pennies can I afford pizza for dinner!!!! Or if he uses it all up before Friday ( pay day!) then he asks me why I gave him the money on Friday instead if that day as its my fault he now has none!!!!

We have done that when she has birthday money to spend, even if its only 50p we tell her she can't have anymore and that she has to decide.

Makes me laugh when the comment is somethign like "its only £40" yeah, only.......I wish.

Back