Spicy potato and parsnip topped cottage pie

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by jojothejo, 27 May 2010 Social URL.

1. jojothejo

jojothejo Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(34.43%)
    God that's a mouthful lol

Made this last night from a recipe I got from BBC Good food.

Very easy, peel and boil potatoes and parsnips. In the meantime fry onions and garlic in fry light and add 2 tablespoons of medium curry powder and although the recipe recommends fresh ginger, I just used 2 teaspoons of ground. Add mince, a beef oxo cube, salt and pepper, carrots, peas and mushrooms and brown. Add a tin of chopped tomotes and leave to simmer for about ten mins on low. Add some extra curry powder if you prefer it with a kick.

When they're boiled, mash together the pots and parsnips, add two teaspoons of cumin, a splash of lemon juice and a teaspoon of corriander. The recipe called for a chopped green chilli but I left that out. You can also add some extra light marg if you've got the syns.

Add the mince to a dish and top the mash, bake in the oven for about twenty mins. Was lush!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. zombiecakes

zombiecakes Will be slinky!

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(11.06%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Ooo i look forward to making this in the week! Just ordering my online shopping atm :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.