1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Spicy potato and parsnip topped cottage pie

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by jojothejo, 27 May 2010 Social URL.

1. jojothejo

jojothejo Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    God that's a mouthful lol

Made this last night from a recipe I got from BBC Good food.

Very easy, peel and boil potatoes and parsnips. In the meantime fry onions and garlic in fry light and add 2 tablespoons of medium curry powder and although the recipe recommends fresh ginger, I just used 2 teaspoons of ground. Add mince, a beef oxo cube, salt and pepper, carrots, peas and mushrooms and brown. Add a tin of chopped tomotes and leave to simmer for about ten mins on low. Add some extra curry powder if you prefer it with a kick.

When they're boiled, mash together the pots and parsnips, add two teaspoons of cumin, a splash of lemon juice and a teaspoon of corriander. The recipe called for a chopped green chilli but I left that out. You can also add some extra light marg if you've got the syns.

Add the mince to a dish and top the mash, bake in the oven for about twenty mins. Was lush!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. zombiecakes

zombiecakes Will be slinky!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Ooo i look forward to making this in the week! Just ordering my online shopping atm :)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.