Splash's Countdown

Well 2lb off this week. I was on for a good loss and had hit the 3st mark but another binge on Fri night put paid to that.
Have come off CD until I get a job. Really annoyed that one I applied for still hasn't sent out interviews as the closing date was over 2 weeks ago. Why advertise a job...and I know they are desperately short staffed....and then leave everyone dangling. I'll stop moaning now!
Back on the diet front, I'm going to miss being in ketosis. Did consider Atkins but don't think I can handle all that fat. And I've heard that if you do a low fat version it stalls weight loss. So I'll probably go back to counting cals, 1200 - 1500, and try low GI and low fat. Can't wait to get back to CD though. I sent off for a tax rebate last week as I stopped working half way through the last tax year. I'm hoping to get around £400 back, if I've worked it out right. My kids need some winter clothes, it's amazing how much they've grown since last winter. Then I will treat myself with going back on CD. I'm feeling uncomfortable writing this....I always put my needs last and I guess that's something I need to work on. Growing up I was treated as an adult and expected to look after everyone else and I still find it difficult to do nice things for myself. Been feeling really down lately but I'm going to think positive, it's a new month, I'm going to get a job, get back on CD and lose another stone by the end of October. Currently 17st 6.5. :D

Sending you some major :hug99: Splash. I can imagine how frustrating this is for you - you were going great guns, and I like the sound of your plan to keep going. Fingers crossed for the rebate, and remember, you are so worth this. xx

Thinking of food is good - it means you are making conscious choices which is important. Like I said before, I have some ebooks that might help you if you want them, and you know I am always here babes :hug99:

Thinking of food is good - it means you are making conscious choices which is important. Like I said before, I have some ebooks that might help you if you want them, and you know I am always here babes :hug99:

Thats a really positive way of looking at food D_Q.....must remind myself of that advice....cheers....

LOL, I'm still around!! Will weigh tomorrow but don't think it'll be good news. How's everyone else doing? Still no news on job front but I'm still trying.

Just as I thought 1 lb on. Was doing ok until Thursday when I decided to 'treat' myself to a day off being careful. Well one day turned into 2 days of eating everything I could get my hands on! Back on course yesterday and today. I'm struggling emotionally at the moment, with worrying about money, losing confidence in my ability to get a job, feeling I have no support at home. Think I may be heading into depression but through it all I really don't want to regain all the weight I've lost. That would be the last straw. So I'm going to carry on trying to lose more weight on my own and look forward to the time when I can get back onto CD. I've stopped using my car for the time being. Have paid all my bills for this month but will have to cut back on all non essentials from 1st Nov....eg Sky and internet...if still no sign of a job.

On a more positive note, measured today and have lost 5" from bust, 5.5" from waist and 6" from hips!

wow-an incredible story from an incredible woman-good luck in your weight loss journey-you will make it to where you want to be!

:hug99: 1 lb on is ruddy brilliant, cos I can imagine how difficult this is for you Splash. Hold on in there woman, you're strong and you will make it!

Thanks everyone, your support is much appreciated. Today has gone well, will probably report in daily for a while to keep me on track!

Monday went well, so 3 days on track now....and unofficial weigh in this am showed 3lb loss! I'm putting it here because I reached this point last week and the week before then ruined it by binging! So need to stop playing about and make it a reality for next Sunday's weigh in.

Had coffee yesterday with a friend who doesn't know I'm dieting and she still hasn't noticed that I've lost 3 stone and am 2-3 dress sizes down! Mind you she never once commented when I kept getting bigger and bigger either!

On the job front, rang HR to see what was happening with my application as the closing date was 24 days ago. Apparently they have been inundated with applications and are still sorting them out! As I was doing the job I've applied for up to Oct last year I'm hoping that I stand a good chance....just wish they'd hurry up and get the interviews booked.

a big WELL DONE for keeping on the straight and narrow this week splash. You're doing brilliantly :D

Good luck for the job -fingers crossed for you that all goes well :)

Back