Splash's Countdown

Have decided to carry on with CD on the 790 plan. My boys are going to help me out and I will shave a little off the family food bill. Things will be very tight until I get a job but all 4 of my kids want me to stick to this diet, especially as my weight loss is noticeable now. I've explained that they'll have no take-aways (not a bad thing!) and will have to buy any extras from the little bit of pocket money they get.

Went off the rails a bit and I now know that I will have to change my diet forever. I seem to react to something......sneezing, runny nose, loads of mucous, stuffy nose, headache and sleepiness....I've known for sometime that carbs make me very woolly headed and sleepy but I seemed to get the biggest reaction after eating chocolate. Have eaten it twice recently and all the above reactions happened within 10-15 mins. I always used to joke that I wished I was allergy to chocolate so I couldn't eat it anymore and now I seem to have my wish! Also felt very stressed and irritable whilst off the wagon.

So I'm now doing a shake for breakfast, AAM for lunch and 790 for dinner until I can pick up new supplies. Got through yesterday OK and feel more alert and energetic already. Looking forward to getting more weight off.

Oh and I forgot on Sunday to report on my measurements, which I'm doing every 4 weeks. Very pleased with blood pressure, now 113/79...heading back to my old usual of 110/70. But most surprised with my vitals....despite losing 12lb, clothes being baggier my bust, waist and hips have lost nothing!!! Lost 1.5"from widest part, 3/4" from thigh, 1/4" from ankle and 1/4" from arm. As I said on a previous post I do seem to be losing weight differently on this diet. I am getting a hint of my collarbones showing, shoulders seem thinner and legs,bum and tum distinctly softer & wobblier.....my youngest 2 think it's hilarious. :rolleyes:

Oh that's good splash. I have joined the fallen angels thread to try and get back on the straight and narrow. I am on the 1500 plan but it's not working out. :break_diet:

I want to get this damned weight off and start living but it's only me who can do it lol.:rolleyes:

I know, it's so hard. I proved with my few days off that I still have no control around food. I find it actually easier to SS than try and count calories, points etc. I guess the answer is to keep trying. Good luck with the fallen angels, they seem very supportive.:)

I know, it's so hard. I proved with my few days off that I still have no control around food. I find it actually easier to SS than try and count calories, points etc. I guess the answer is to keep trying. Good luck with the fallen angels, they seem very supportive.:)

Thats great new about staying on CD...its fab that you have such great support from the kids (you must be so proud of them!). I agree with your thoughts on food....I really wonder if I will every be able to eat sensibly again..as all the cravings are there..LOL.. I think its just down to determination and getting "a buzz" from something other than food and reward ourselves....

Oh that's good splash. I have joined the fallen angels thread to try and get back on the straight and narrow. I am on the 1500 plan but it's not working out. :break_diet:

I want to get this damned weight off and start living but it's only me who can do it lol.:rolleyes:

Oh poor you...its so hard to get on the wagon....any chance you could SS for a few weeks to get started?

4.5lb off this week....really pleased considering I had a bad start to the week and couldn't SS. I've been eating chicken, tuna or salmon with salad leaves, cucumber or green veg and have managed to get back into ketosis. Going to see my CDC tomorrow and will be pleased to get some packs again as I've been worried that I'm not getting full nutrition. Oh and it's been lovely to have a cup of tea again....don't mind black coffee but black tea...yuk! So will be able to do the 790 plan properly tomorrow. Going to get some white fish and chicken in as hate cottage cheese. Does anyone know why salmon isn't allowed on the 790? I know it's an oily fish and assume it has more cals, but (DQ don't read this bit!) I might have the occasional piece because I love it so much, especially sprinkled with hot chilli powder prior to cooking. In fact I shall be having just that tonight while my kids have toad in the hole.

well done on ur loss splash...great to see u r going to continue with CD it's worth it.

Oh poor you...its so hard to get on the wagon....any chance you could SS for a few weeks to get started?

Nah Bea, even less chance of me ss'ing. After breaking ss on LL last year I just couldn't get back into it. I'm still happy with my weightloss because its the most I've lost since I fell off the LL wagon last year. :D

Splash excellent loss this week. :)

Nah Bea, even less chance of me ss'ing. After breaking ss on LL last year I just couldn't get back into it. I'm still happy with my weightloss because its the most I've lost since I fell off the LL wagon last year. :D

Oh thats great....you go girl!:D

4.5lb off this week....really pleased considering I had a bad start to the week and couldn't SS. I've been eating chicken, tuna or salmon with salad leaves, cucumber or green veg and have managed to get back into ketosis. Going to see my CDC tomorrow and will be pleased to get some packs again as I've been worried that I'm not getting full nutrition. Oh and it's been lovely to have a cup of tea again....don't mind black coffee but black tea...yuk! So will be able to do the 790 plan properly tomorrow. Going to get some white fish and chicken in as hate cottage cheese. Does anyone know why salmon isn't allowed on the 790? I know it's an oily fish and assume it has more cals, but (DQ don't read this bit!) I might have the occasional piece because I love it so much, especially sprinkled with hot chilli powder prior to cooking. In fact I shall be having just that tonight while my kids have toad in the hole.

Oh Splash...thats a fab loss given you had a difficult start....so eel done. I think Salmon is much high in calories than cod, tuna for white fish....still its so so good for you.. keep going you are doing great!!!

Why is it when we're a bit down life continues to kick you up the rear? My ex has moved into a new flat. Dropped my girls off yesterday am and went back at 5pm. Parked, walked upstairs to his door, waited for my girls to get their shoes on, came down just as my car was being clamped. £120 to get it removed. So all in all nearly £200 down this week! So job hunting continues in earnest, and in future my ex can come and get his kids.....licence taken away so he will have to get a bus or train. Think i've been a mug too long where he's concerned. Sorry for the rant, hope in a few months I can look back and laugh at all this.
On a positive note I stuck to my diet. Usually would have indulged in a chocolate feast!

What awful bad luck....so unfair!!! But really well done for not eating crap...(so tempting in these situtation).....best of luck with the job hunting....

Hey skinny!!! :D Just wanted to say how nice it was to see you yesterday - I can't believe how incredibly well you're doing, and you look fab!! :cool: Keep it going, cos you are rocking this!!

Thank you Bea, you're always very supportive and it is really appreciated!

:thankyou:

Hey you are sooooo welcome! How have the past few days been?

Back