Sports relief (3 mile) advice pls

Lyndsey

Hi There, I'm on W8 so less than 500 cals a day. Next Sunday I am doing the 3 mile sports relief run (or more likely walk...he he he).

I am lucky that next week is add a meal week so can have something to eat, but when do you think is the best time to have it? Before or after the 3 miles?

I do get a bit light headed on the diet but nothing extreme, just for a few seconds and soon passes. I think i should be stocking up on calories before the 3 miles just to make sure I dont get a light head, but is eating before it when I'm on such low calories anyway a good idea?

Any advice any one? Thanks x

advice

hi there i'm not on your diet i'm on C/D!!
i do however know about excercise.. you need to have calories a good cereal/ banana a while before you attempt to do this 3 miles, i run the race for life last year (also 3 miles) and at the end of the run i thought i was going to flake out, and that was without being on a diet, i was training ( running 3 miles 3 times a week ) for 12 weeks up until the race.
if its so soon with no training i would recomend walking.. just a thought why don't you try it this week some time see how you fair up. :girlpower:
and best of luck

Thanks for the advice Katerina, I'm doing it with my sister, mum and 2 nephews, so think it will be more of a walk with a bit of jogging with my eldest nephew. We are not going for any records, just a bit of a fun day.

I used to go to the gym before starting the diet but advised not to since starting due to the low calories, so just a little concerned about 3 miles since no exercise in 6 weeks.

Will definately have a shake and a meal before we go to top-up the cals. Thanks x

Back