Stagnation/Willpower fail

DeeCe

Silver Member
Hi, new to the forum!

Started Dukan on the 5th September, on cruise atm and have lost seven pounds in total so far..

Then BAM. Complete stagnation this week, weighed myself every morning and nothing.. I go to the gym about 3 times a week and fit in a walk on other days ... :(

Need some & advice because now my will power is failing me due to a bit of "oh well, haven't lost anything anyway" mentality :sigh:
and sweet treat cravings!

Any advice? Especially to get weight shifting again..

DeeCee you haven't put up your height which makes it easier for people to give you advice on your rate of loss, also have you tried putting up your menu in the daily menu thread to see whether you're eating anything that's making you stall?
Also, just as an aside all manner of things can have an affect on your loss, water retention etc, if it was two weeks with no loss that would be unusual but you may have a great loss next week! Stick with it and don't fall off the wagon x

Staying the same for a week is common in the run up to TOTM, and is usually followed by a bigger than usual drop - could this apply to you?

Posting menus is usually the best way (and yes your height is missing) if TOTM isn't the issue. Some people (like me) are sensitive to certain products (dairy... salty pre packaged hams etc.) and that can cause a stall.

Dee Cee, I started on sep17, lost 3lbs and put on 1lb. I am really struggling, no much will power left due to the lack of results but still hanging on in there. I keep going cause I still have hope the diet will work!

Also - make sure you're drinking enough water! Congrats on the weight loss so far and pleeeease don't give up!

Dee Cee, I started on sep17, lost 3lbs and put on 1lb. I am really struggling, no much will power left due to the lack of results but still hanging on in there. I keep going cause I still have hope the diet will work!

Thanks! That's how I feel, so I thought I'd join here for encouragement even though I'm pretty happy with what I've lost so far, I think it's the boredom as well! But I'll keep at it, in hope to get where I want to and I'm sure you have a bigger breakthrough to come!! :D

TOTM isn't really an issue at the moment, could be water retention; anyone know how to combat this?:confused:

I drink the recommended 1 and half litres plus more (I carry a litre bottle around with me and re-fill when necessary). And I make sure I especially drink more when I'm at the gym.

My boyfriend mentioned that I look firmer and more toned; I've been toning with weights at the gym and he reckons I might have started building muscle weight.. ? Any thoughts?

Thanks wkdstepmum & Maintainer I'll try posting up menus on Monday; I'm always better at keeping doing things when I start at the beginning of a week and I've added my height (got a bit confused at the start cos I didn't know my height in inches!)

x

My boyfriend mentioned that I look firmer and more toned; I've been toning with weights at the gym and he reckons I might have started building muscle weight.. ? Any thoughts?

It would be a good idea to get your fat percentage checked. If you're going to the gym 3x a week and weight training then you will be building muscle. This is where a number on scales falls down because it doesn't say what sort of tissue that number is made of - if you are looking more toned, then chances are you could be losing fat, but gaining muscle so the scales may not appear to move every now and then.

It would be a good idea to get your fat percentage checked. If you're going to the gym 3x a week and weight training then you will be building muscle. This is where a number on scales falls down because it doesn't say what sort of tissue that number is made of - if you are looking more toned, then chances are you could be losing fat, but gaining muscle so the scales may not appear to move every now and then.

Hey, not sure if this will sound silly but do you know how/where to get fat percentage ?

Hey, not sure if this will sound silly but do you know how/where to get fat percentage ?

The local GP surgery can do it (generally with calipers), but there's also a number of 'all singing, all dancing' scales which also do it...either home grade ones or the sort you often find in places like Boots and pay £1 to use.

The home scales used to cost a fortune, but they've become very affordable now. There's quite a few here on the Argos site.

Also don't forget that weight loss isn't an even thing - there will be weeks where you lose 4lbs, there will be weeks where you lose nothing. Overall, it does come off though so keep it up (and yes, it can be really hard on your willpower!).

Back