Startin Paul Mckenna, someone please tell me it works:)

Its all about enjoying your food. How many times do you give up on diets cos you pigged out? You CAN have that slice of cake, you CAN have that glass of wine.

For me it's taking the guilt out if my eating. Everything else comes later!

Shuffle said:
Its all about enjoying your food. How many times do you give up on diets cos you pigged out? You CAN have that slice of cake, you CAN have that glass of wine.

For me it's taking the guilt out if my eating. Everything else comes later!

Hiya, just read your posts on Paul McKenna, I'm doing a vcld right now and struggling. Considering pmk, hope you don't mind but can I ask whether you've lost weight on it and how you're finding it?

Thanks x

I lost over 80lbs on it in 2006. Pretty much kept it off too which is the big thing for me.
When I get complacent I put a few lbs back on but I find it really easy to go back to.
First time ever I have managed to keep the weight I have lost off. In the past I have regained it all within a year usually with a few extra lbs as well.

c2b said:
I lost over 80lbs on it in 2006. Pretty much kept it off too which is the big thing for me.
When I get complacent I put a few lbs back on but I find it really easy to go back to.
First time ever I have managed to keep the weight I have lost off. In the past I have regained it all within a year usually with a few extra lbs as well.

Wow that's amazing! Did you find the rules easy? And listen to the cd regularly?
What were the losses like per week or month? Sorry for the questions!

I found most of the rules easy. Stopping when full is what I found hardest. 50+ years of "you must clean your plate" is a hard habit to break. I got round this by using serving dishes on the table and only dishing up a little bit. Allowing myself to go back for more if still hungry.
At first I listened regularly to the cd. When it got to the point where I could have probably recited the whole thing from memory I gave up. Rarely listen to it now.
I can't remember much about losses per week. I remember in my first week I lost 10lb. I started in June. Jan/Feb the following year I remember losing 6lb in one of those months.

Several years ago after many diets, weight lost and regained I promised myself I would never diet again. This system is the only one I stand an outside chance of carrying on for life. I have given up on "perfect", settling for "good enough" instead.

c2b said:
I found most of the rules easy. Stopping when full is what I found hardest. 50+ years of "you must clean your plate" is a hard habit to break. I got round this by using serving dishes on the table and only dishing up a little bit. Allowing myself to go back for more if still hungry.
At first I listened regularly to the cd. When it got to the point where I could have probably recited the whole thing from memory I gave up. Rarely listen to it now.
I can't remember much about losses per week. I remember in my first week I lost 10lb. I started in June. Jan/Feb the following year I remember losing 6lb in one of those months.

Several years ago after many diets, weight lost and regained I promised myself I would never diet again. This system is the only one I stand an outside chance of carrying on for life. I have given up on "perfect", settling for "good enough" instead.

Thanks so much for the info. Sounds brilliant and it's really worked for you. Just wondered also if you did it after doing a vcld? I think my metabolism is messed up.

well fair play to you.. i have my doubhts it would help me lose weight but am planning on following alot of paul mc kenna's principles to help me keep weight off if i am lucky to lose weight..my problem is i crave the wrong foods all the time and am greedy

I have to decide whether to listen to paul mc kenna or glenn harold hypnois cd

I have the Pauk McKenna cd and use it quite regularly. Firstly I found it helped me get to sleep - yes, I know that's not what it is meant for! lol!
However, as he says on there it doesn't matter as the message is put into your brain anyway even tho' you are not aware of it.
I found without any doubt that it helped me to stop eating when I became full AND - something I used to think was ridiculous - but I often find that I put my knife and fork down whilst eating which means that the practice of being ever ready with the next forkfull to be shovelled in as quickly as possible is broken.
On occasion when I have gone out to eat as I wanted to make sure I got the full worth of the food I would eat every last morsel and pick over the bones of a chicken portion to the last minute piece, finishing up feeling totally bloated and uncomfortable!! Now I eat what is necessary and can easily leave when I know I have had sufficient.
I can recommend anyone at least give it a try and I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Happy weight loss to all....:)

I have lost weight on it yes, I have dropped 2 dress sizes.

I find that my motivation wavers sometimes and it will all go out the window, I find myself eating too fast and just having 1 more mouthful.

I am at that stage at the moment and havent lost any weight for about 6 weeks. But I haven't gained any either. I fluctuate up and down 1 or 2 lb each week and end up back to where I was. A normal christmas for me on slimming world or alike would see a gain of a stone or more as I would eat anything and everything in sight. So actually pleased with that!

I found that when I really listened to what I wanted to eat I didn't really want cream cakes and chocolate what I wanted were things like blueberries and fruit smoothies. I also found that my tastes change with the seasons. In summer I want light fruity smoothies for breakfast. In winter when I have been at the farm in the cold I want porrige or scrambled eggs!

Things that helped me in the early days or when I really need to concentrate were
setting the alarm on my phone to go off every 2 hours to check in how hungry I was, using the 10 point scale to decide to eat or not.
Using serving dishes to serve myself a tiny portion allowing myself to go back for more if I needed it.
Allowing myself to have what I really wanted when I wanted it. Apple pie and custard for breakfast has been known however odd it felt.

Like Shuffle I find it easy to drift off and back into old ways very easy, but equally easy is the ability to get back on board again.
This way of eating is for me for life and is sustainable for life. I could not go through life feeling bad if I ate a calorie laden dessert or never having chocolate again.

After reading this and many other success stories i've dug out my copy of paul mckenna and have decided to give it a go. I'm currently following ww but not with much success - well i've lost 5lb in 8wks so i suppose its better than nothing but like many have said on here i keep getting myself down because sometimes i just find it so hard to stick to and hate feeling like a failure. I'm not looking to loose weight quickly or a massive amount (around 12lbs) my problem is i cant seem to control my cravings esp when its my totm. I've already got the book but have misplaced the cd, do i NEED the cd? I dont mind re-buying the book to get the cd again unless you can buy the cd seperate? I've also just ordered the 90 day journal book to go with it.
How's everyone else been getting on?

After reading this and many other success stories i've dug out my copy of paul mckenna and have decided to give it a go. I'm currently following ww but not with much success - well i've lost 5lb in 8wks so i suppose its better than nothing but like many have said on here i keep getting myself down because sometimes i just find it so hard to stick to and hate feeling like a failure. I'm not looking to loose weight quickly or a massive amount (around 12lbs) my problem is i cant seem to control my cravings esp when its my totm. I've already got the book but have misplaced the cd, do i NEED the cd? I dont mind re-buying the book to get the cd again unless you can buy the cd seperate? I've also just ordered the 90 day journal book to go with it.
How's everyone else been getting on?

First of all savvymummy, I find it is better to be on a particular diet regime. I have incorporated PMcK along with WW as it gives me something tangible to stick with. Secondly, yes it is important to have the cd and to listen to it regularly even tho' as C2b says it can seem to get boring. The important bit is to listen to it when you are quite tired - before going to sleep at night if poss. - that way the brain is much more receptive to the suggestions and even if you fall off to sleep it really doesn't matter.
Give it a try and let me know how you get on.

Thanks for the quick reply Emmaline. I'm still signed up with ww online for another 3 or 4 weeks so will give it a go at combining the 2. Hopefully by the time my ww sub runs out i just be able to continue on with pmk. I noticed a cd on amazon called easy weight loss by pmk. Is it the same as the one with the book?
Anyway i've read through the book and i've started practacing my tapping so i'll see how i get on with it

Never got the hang of the tapping although my daughter used it when she was studying to be a teacher and does so even now and swears by it.
As for the Cd's, I am quite sure that it is the same one.

I am combining not only the OLD WW but also Calorie counting and PMK! It's whatever suits best really, isn't it?

Onwards and Downwards!!

Hi, new to Paul Mck.... 4th day and so far so good.... although I struggle with the tapping too.. and the visualising techniques. I find that if I don't fall asleep, my mind drifts off and I start thinking about what I've got to do at work tomorrow or what's on at the cinema etc.. lol Hope it's doing something for everone though...

I am on my third day of Paul McKenna (I also go to S. World) and think it is going really well. I have DVD's, books and C.D's. I am very impressed. I have watched the first DVD and read the corresponding part of his book. So tonight I will be playing the CD's when I am in bed.
I am still eating too much, but gradually I am finding it easier to leave food on my plate. I put my knife and fork down between mouthfuls (when I remember) I am also using a smaller plate than normal.
I am tempted to get on the scales but am resisting so far!

hello all!!
im new to PMK, im on day 4, and so far loving it!! :D ive tried almost every diet there is and been dieting all my life, but i can honestly say the sense of liberation is amazing! i feel better, am less bloated and feel relaxed around food, which i cant remember ever feeling!
im feeling positive and really hoping the weight loss will happen! im naturally choosing healthier foods, as i know i can have whatever i want! would be good to keep this thread going if any of you are up for it?!
:)

Back