Starting all over again!!!

Allan145

Hi,
I joined slimming world in 2011 and lost approx 2 1/2 stone.
Due to wife becoming pregnant and eventual arrival of new baby I stopped going.
The weight has slowly creeped back and have become very unhappy with myself for allowing this to happen :mad::mad:.
Took the first step last night and went back to SW. Fingers crossed this time.
Weight at weigh in last night 17 st 13 1/2 lbs.
Hoping for 8 lb loss this month.

Hi Allan

Good luck you've taken the hardest step walking back in through the doors, this is my third and last time I hope!
Let us know how you get on.

Well first day down and it wasn't too bad. Not that hard getting back into it. Just have to stay focused.
During the week is usually the easy part, it's the weekend that's a killer. Have made a promise to myself to be good
and have no wine/guinness/beer and hopefully will have a good result on Monday. :scale:

Well done getting back into it. I find evenings the hardest am fine till about 9ish then looking about for things to eat!! Try to keep plenty of fruit around but after a while a hob nob biscuit sounds much nicer than another apple or grapes.
Have got my weigh in tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed. Have not done very well in recent weeks.

Ha ha, I know what you mean. Cadbury's Crunchies are very appealing around 9ish!!! Best of luck with your weigh in, I'm sure you'll do fine :)

A little disappointed this week I STS, I felt as though I had lost a small amount, still at least I did not put on as I have done in recent weeks! There is always next week lol

Have got work today then out for a run this evening as it is only 2 weeks until the Great South Run :eek: just hope the rain stops horrible out there at the moment.

How is your weekend going without the beer and wine?

Have a good day

Hi, at least you STS and didn't put up, thats the main thing. I'm sure you're looking good if you're training for the Great South Run. I used to run and play football but haven't done in years.
Weekend went ok, no wine or beer. Had a couple of Vodka and diet cokes (the lesser of all the evils, I think) and eating went well. Have my weigh in tonight so will keep you posted.

Morning,

Another week another STS, honestly really am getting fed up now, stuck to plan and did two 3 mile runs and one 8 mile run, not sure what to do next.
Unfortunately my consultant is not very good, I would go to another group if one was nearby. Shall just plod on for next couple of weeks then am away on holiday for nearly 4 weeks so will have good think about how to shift this last stone (will probably be more after my hol) ;) when I get back.

Enough of me moaning! How are you getting on? Just looked back on the posts you wanted an 8lb loss this month and you have done 7.5lbs in first week that is brilliant.

Better go and get ready for work, looks dull and wet out there today:(

Have a good day

Hiya,
Wow four weeks holidays, I wish I could get that long off work. Going anywhere nice? Did your consultant not ask you to do a food diary and she would analyze it for you? She really should. Well I wasn't great this week so was up one pound. Was a combination of things (mainly chocolate and alcohol) but at least I know where it came from. I'm going away this weekend so expecting to be up next Monday aswell. Just have to knuckle down after that.

Morning,

A gain is ok if you know where it has come from and you are expecting it and a lb will come off easy.

Am afraid my consultant is not that interested unless you are one of her little group, she used to be really good but as the group got bigger she rarely even says hello to you, I used to stay but not any more. I wanted some advice about 18 months ago so I sent her some texts never even bothered to reply. I am not the only one who has noticed how she has changed. Its a shame really. I did pick up a food diary from the weigh in ladies.
Mind you it was my husbands Birthday so I have put on this week I know!

Am going to Australia, my step daughter and husband live near Sydney, and my youngest son went out in January, he is in Byron Bay on the NSW, Queensland border. Looking forward to it, we fly on the 4th.

Great South Run on Sunday, the weather forecast is not good heavy showers by the looks of it:(, not so bad for me and my son, but my husband, mum and sons girlfriend who are coming over to cheer us on will get soaked. Fingers crossed it will not be as bad as predicted.

Hope you have a good weekend away, are you going some where nice?

Wow, I hope the fires in Blue Mountain aren't affecting them. Just staying in a place called Bray in Wicklow.
It's a big old grand hotel right on the seafront that I really love called the Esplanade. Not everybody's cup of tea but I think you cant beat sitting looking out the window at the sea crashing against the coast while the sun is setting with a nice glass of wine. I'll have to syn the wine of course, ha ha.

That's really poor that she won't look at your food diary. It's part of their job description and what you pay for. When I was in SW a couple of years ago, the class ballooned to about 120 people but the consultant still had time to look at food diaries.

Evening,

Hope you had a nice weekend away, sounds really nice. What was the weather like? We had quite strong winds but down here it was nothing like the media had warned us about.

I finished the Great South Run in 1hr 55mins, 2 mins slower than last year mostly due to the awful head winds the last 2 miles, it really was a killer along the sea front, my little legs were going but I was not moving! But it was a good day and the rain kept away am now looking forward to next year.

How is the slimming world going, I have stopped going now I will re-join when I come back from my holiday.

Have a good week.

Hiya,
Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I naughtily skipped last weeks class as I was bold when I was away for the weekend.
But went back last night and was down 3 pound so was happy with that. Its a great achievement to finish the run.
Well done you..

Over the years, I have joined every diet class in my area. This is approx the 8th time I've joined SW ... Lost 3stone my first time, and then never really stuck to it anytime after that. Having put that 3 stone back on, plus another 3... It's defo time for me to get strict and take it seriously!

Back