Starting in the New Year - ROLL CALL

Glad to see so many people starting back, i'm on day 2 after a hefty 5lb xmas gain in a week:eek:. Can't wait for it to disappear!!

Hiya, dont know if you remember me, I was doing CD the same time as you in 2006. Lost 5 1/2 stone, maintained for ages, but here I am back on the wagon at end of day 2. I have 56lbs to lose, and hoping to get this off ASAP. Trying for end of March.
See you back on the boards and good luck xxx

thanks wannabslim! i'm really excited about starting now and feeling really motivated!

juju_doll, i have gained 8lbs this christmas week! it's shocking!!! x

Best of luck hun, we're with you all the way! You CAN do it!
Hugs x x x

Hi everyone, I did Cambridge in 2008 and lost 2st but have put it all on and a bit more! I am getting my shakes tonight (and having the dreaded weigh in!!), and planning to start on January 1st - New Years Day. I want to loose 3.5stone which would take me down to around 10stone.
Last time I did this diet I really enjoyed it, it was hard obviously but you do feel great on it. I think my problem was that I didnt get down to goal, and then just stopped and ate crap for about 6months!
I have discussed this with my counsiller who has been great - she is coming to my house which I hope will stop me not weighing on a 'bad week', and she is going to carry on seeing me after I reach goal to help me maintain.
The sad thing is that I remember saying to everyone when I was thin at the end of doing the diet before, that I was so happy that I would never let myself get fat again - BUT here I am! I feel embarassed about that, and I'm not sure how it happened! It goes back on so gradual that I almost feel that I have just woke up fat again now!

Anyway - Im determined to use this forum everyday this time. I used it a bit before but just tended to read others posts for inspiration but want to be active this time and get support of others going through the same thing. Last time I did the diet with my mother and sister where as this time Im going alone.
My ultimate goal is to be 10.5stone, but my first goal to be celebrated is to get into Ketosis and feel great.

Good Luck everyone, and please help me! Im very scared as I have tried to get back on this before and failed - its much harder 2nd time round !

Emma x

Hiya, dont know if you remember me, I was doing CD the same time as you in 2006. Lost 5 1/2 stone, maintained for ages, but here I am back on the wagon at end of day 2. I have 56lbs to lose, and hoping to get this off ASAP. Trying for end of March.
See you back on the boards and good luck xxx

Hey honey, yep I definitely remember you - good on you for making the decision to come back - do you reckon you can lose all of the 4st before end March... don't forget average loss is 1st a month. Just wouldn't want you to set your goal too soon and then be gutted if you don't make it. I too want to ideally lose up to 4st (although initial goal is 3st 5lbs, I want to get to 10st really!) and am saying end of April... if you want to we could buddy up?

Welcome Emma, we have a similar amount of weight to lose too - you can do this! It'll be fine once we've started, it's just that fear of letting ourselves down that makes us nervous - but we WILL do it, and we WILL NOT let ourselves down, so there's no need to be worried :)

xxx

Hello!
Well......i am back, havent changed my settings yet but i need to as they are now very old and very out of date! Had a horrendous year and have regained all of it but as from new year I am back on Sole Source for 12 weeks and hope to be back where i was as soon as possible! Great reading the posts and the PMA out there - lets get started!!! :))))

Hi
I'm also starting again next week - will be starting on Tues or Wed (depending on what day I can see my Counsellor). Really do wish everyone the best of luck with their re-start - I'm sure we can all do it!

Katie

Hi all, I am restarting on the 1st of January after umming and ahhing for a while. Lost a bit on cambridge, put it back on, went to ww and was doing really well until the run up to xmas and I have fallen off the wagon completely. I have a holiday in spain in August and also my brothers wedding, so I need to do cambridge to lose a lot of my bulk by then.

I am really tired of always thinking of losing weight and being so unhappy with myself, so this HAS to be the year I do it, so all help with be great.

Here is to a great re start to us all x x

Hiya, I'm from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I allso will start the second time, 1 January 2010. Gained more than one third of the weight again. I hope I have forgive myself now and will succeed again. I wish you all the best, and I will support you, even as far away as Western-Europe, covered by snow. Rosette

Hey everyone! So good that there's a big bunch of us restarting, it will be great to support each other over the following weeks and months... and days actually, as we all know that the first few days are the hardest!

JodieJoJo, I remember you from first time around, so nice to see a few familiar faces on here!

So, only 11 hours and 7 minutes until the New Year. Personally, I am excited about 2010.... so many opportunities and a completely new decade! I am determined this decade will be spent as a slim person :)

xxx

I agree wannabslim!

2009 has been rubbish for me in so many ways so most of 2010 and onwards will be spend in Slimdom! x

:D here here (although 2009 has actually been a great year for me - wish I could do it all over again, just without all the job hassle malarky)

Hey honey, yep I definitely remember you - good on you for making the decision to come back - do you reckon you can lose all of the 4st before end March... don't forget average loss is 1st a month. Just wouldn't want you to set your goal too soon and then be gutted if you don't make it. I too want to ideally lose up to 4st (although initial goal is 3st 5lbs, I want to get to 10st really!) and am saying end of April... if you want to we could buddy up?
Not sure if I will make the 4 stone by end of March but going to give it a good old go! With 10lb loss this week, and I started the week before Jan 1st, I am hoping 1 stone Jan, 1 stone Feb and 1 stone March + 10lbs is more or less there!
We'll have to see. Would love to be your buddy hun! Im with you 100% lets loose this 4eva!
A x

Woohoo that's a good way of looking at it :) sure you will be very close to that 4st if not bang on it hun!

So I'm starting to get a bit nervous about tomorrow - I am pretty sure I can get through to the evening ok, but it's the evening that I'm worried about - that's when I always feel hungry... I can sometimes go a whole day without food but then in the evening I have to eat!

Fingers crossed it all goes ok - I'll probably be on here distracting myself in between essay writing!

Well done on those 10lbs :) that's great going xx

I'm starting tomorrow too so we'll be in it together! I've been faffing around over the last week and determined to start back properly tomorrow. So good luck! I'm going to focus on the next 2 weeks and try to get a stone off, then take it in 4 week blocks. That's the grand plan anyway, good luck!

Hello lovely ladies,

Can I join your gang please? I am restarting tomorrow (4th Jan). I am looking forward to it although only really decided today that I was going to do it. I was on ss early last year and really enjoyed the diet, I can honestly say that I have never felt better in my life than when I was food free. i found it sooooo liberating. Any how I lost nearly three stone and was so pleased withmyself, weighed myself this morning on my dodgy old scales and it looks like i've put about a stone back on (boooooo!).
I'm not going to update my tickertape until I have be "properly" weighed in by my cdc on tues, but will start back on it tomorrow with a few packs I found rattling around in the back of the cupboard.

Good luck to us all!!!!!

xxxxx

Hello all

Another re-starter, I lost about 3 and a half stones last year but gave up in November. Have gained at least a stone if not more, starting again today - 4th Jan x

Back