Starting in the New Year - ROLL CALL

Hi there,
I did cambridge last year starting April and lost 6 stone and was within 5lbs of goal but then moved country, got married and put 7 stone back on!
Now am back on Cambridge although it's the USA food which I am finding a bit gross but am on day 3, headache is gone and am starting to feel loads better than the last 2 hellish days!
Good luck everyone! You can do it!
xxxx
L

Hi Blingbabe

Are you going to start on SS+ with 4 packs a day?

Hi All, I'm re-starting again tomorrow - Can I join you?

Hi everyone, happy 2010 to you all. I am re-starting after losing 31lbs last year from Feb to May. I have probably gained about 8lbs or so over the last 7 months, so not too disastrous.

My daughter, Mrs Lampard, who you might remember, is newly engaged and is having a party on 27th Feb., to which all my ex-in laws are invited and I am determined to look my absolute best!!!!!! They were always making 'fat' remarks about me even when I weighed only 9 stones. I wouldn't mind but they were all bigger than me :mad: Bitter??????? moi???????? :D

Anyway, seeing my CDC tonight at 6:30 and start tomorrow. I will start a new tracker once I have weighed :eek: in tonight.

Good luck everyone. Onwards and downwards.

Lorrayne x

How you doing today wannabslim? Hoping you are being good. Early night for you tonight and hot bath beforehand... always helps! Most people dont eat in the bath (although I have been known to - LOL)!

Good luck and stick with it, Im racing you remember!

A xx

Hey sweetie,

I'm doing great thanks! Have stuck to the plan and am pleased to say that Day 1 is almost under my belt, just a few hours to get through and then it'll be Day 2... and then there's no going back! :D not that I would break the diet now as I feel that even one day without cheating is an achievement!

I'm planning to have a bath in a minute once Neighbours is over, then go and sort out the spare room which is really my office/dressing room and is a complete mess as I haven't tidied up for ages. I have loads of work to do and need to really sit down at my desk and concentrate which I can't do until it's tidy... so I guess it serves a double purpose - 1) distract me away from food 2)give me a clear workspace so I can get my work done.

Then once it's all tidy, I can actually sit down and work over the coming weeks, which will serve as a further distraction!

Sounds like a plan methinks! How you going hun?
xxx

Ok, WI over, I've gained 9lbs since the end of May, so considering we've had Xmas etc., its not too bad at all.

Some people gain that in a week at this time of year!!

Day 1 tomorrow. I'm going to be doing SS+. Wish me luck as I wish everyone the best of luck too.

I've been to see my CDC tonight and start back on the diet tomorrow - I'm really looking forward to it (sadly). I've been pretty miserable over Christmas, luckily only to and at myself so nobody else noticed but it was all because I'd let another year go by ---- anyway after a hell of a year last year I really do feel that this could be my year so I'm in it for the long haul!

Hope everyone else who is starting over is feeling positive and the side effects aren't too bad.

Katie

wow - today started off great but by 5pm I was seriously flaking. Went to bed at 7 and just lay there for ages, had been severely grumpy for the past 2 hrs and my husband just suggested I go to sleep. He woke me up a couple of mins ago and I had to really fight the urge to eat something. Not hungry just so so exhausted and am REALLY cold.
I tested today and am in high ketosis which is good but probably why I am so cold.
Not the easiest few hours but felling better now and am finishing my bar. Urgh. Hope tomorrow is better, I have a major test, husband has a dentist appt in a town 2 hrs away and we always usually get fast food breakfast from this awesome restaurant and he will be getting it, hope I can resisit the urge to eat something! He will be getting a crown done so we will be there for the day so am taking a couple of bars with me in case I get hungry.
Hope everyone had a great day!
xxx
Lucy

Hi all

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me joining this thread.

I lost 4 1/2 st, in 2008, kept it off for most of last year, but it has crept back on.

I need to lose a stone quick (and i know i can).

I started on January 1st SS, and no cheating so far.... oddly motivated, and really focused this time.

I want to lose it by the end of February, which should be easy peasy.

Lost 3lb in the last 3 days, so going well so far..... i am a compulsive weigher, so i'll update my ticker and hopefully it will change daily hehe

Yep, booked CDC appointment today - starting big time tomorrow xxx

Yep, booked CDC appointment today - starting big time tomorrow xxx

Good luck. Today is my first day of re-start. I've just had my first shake of the day. Toffee & Walnut....yum!!! I need to shed my 19lbs by end of Feb, which should be relatively easy if I behave myself........and I will :D

Good luck with your first day hun - I am sure that these 19 lbs will be gone in no time xxx

Thanks Chloe. When I started CD last Feb I lost 15lbs in three weeks so I know that it can be done. My problem was not going up through the plans properly and I don't want to make that mistake again. :cry:

Hiya
Well done you on all your efforts to remain on the wagon - it seems to be working! I am ok - on day 8 and the struggling seems to have subsided. I find it harder in the evenings and obviously at weekends... see my plan below!

A xx

Hiya!

I'm on day 2 and nearly done for the day :) yay am really pleased with myself - have been VERY hungry today but stuck to the plan 100%, drank plenty of water, had my packs evenly spread across the day and I'm looking forward to getting into ketosis (as I clearly wasn't yesterday).

Hope you've all had a good day - week 1 will become week 2 before we know it!

xx

I've had a good day - not drank enough water though so am going to have to get drinking some more ---- it's onwards and downwards!

wow. This has been my worst day by far. Yesterday was very hard, after my nap in the evening I couldn't sleep for 3 hours when I actually went to bed. argh!
I knew today would be hard because whenever hubby and I travel to the town where our dentist is we always eat out for breakfast and lunch. Surviving him scoffing down the delicious breakfast was ok, but the crunch came when we went out to lunch with his brother. They ate yummy looking meals and I had a water! It was TORTURE!
I had a total melt down in the car on the way home, cried and said how hard it is to do this, I wanted to totally give up and just go and buy some choccy and crisps but the revulsion I have for the way I look now was the only thing stopping me. I admitted to my husband that I can't even look at myself naked in the mirror as I hate my figure so much. It's crap having an eating problem. It consumes your whole life. I would go into a panic if we didn't have any choccy in the house and now I'm doing this diet. I hope I can kee it off this time. I just want to be normal and not be so obsessed with food. Is anyone else like me and jealous of those people who are slim and not bothered about food?
Managing to carry on into day 6 without stumbling but the last two days have been very hard emotionally. Being so tired and cold all the time really doesn't help either.
Oh well, onwards and upwards!
xxxx
L

Well done Lucy on getting through the day - you did so well today and have shown yourself you can do it. Honestly it does get easier to be with people who are eating but I do understand that it can be a big struggle especially at the beginning.

I think it's great for you to be able to tell your hubby how you're feeling - if he's aware of that he'll be more able to support you while you're on the diet.

Tomorrow's another day and I'm sure it will be a much better one for you xx

Well done for surviving today honey, you've showed tremendous strength, and yes, it is crappy having an eating problem, and yes I too feel very envious of those who seem to be naturally slim yet eat ridiculous amounts of junky food!

But we are not like those people, we will always have to work to lose weight and stay trim, and I'm starting to realise that the sooner I accept that, the more control I will have over my shape and the less likely I am to regain in future. Still sucks though!

I'm going to bed now - day 2 over and done, bring on day 3 tomorrow :)

xxx

Day 2 almost done!!!!

It's 8pm and almost 2nd day completed. Feel ok at the moment, bit hungry but just trying to drink water/black coffee to help. We are snowed in here in Surrey (like the whole country it seems) and so we were all given the day off work. I can't see anyone risking travelling in tomorrow either, so at least I havent had the temptation of all the office cakes/sweets. Every week it seems like there is at least one birthday to be celebrating!!!!

Hope everyone is ok and not too snowed in.

Lorrayne

Back