Starting in the New Year - ROLL CALL

Ah, I should be so lucky. MM

hello ladies,
haven't been on in a while, fell off the wagon, had a friend to stay who is going through a messy divorce and sympathy eating commenced! It's been about a week and a half since I fell off and am going to re start tomorrow. Will weigh myself tom morning but suspect I will have put on all 11lbs lost!
Oh well, onwards and upwards!
xxxx
Lucy

Hi Lucy -- Welcome back! You sound like a good friend. Maybe she (if she needs to lose weight) can join you in this process and you can do this together. If she doesn't need to lose weight - then get her to walk, go the gym, an aquafit class, etc .with you. She should focus on herself in a healthy way -- and you can help her do this!

By the way, I've been there... but we were "sympathy" drinking. Those darn free drinks ladies' nights they used to have Florida. You could find somewhere to drink for free every night of the week! Even Fridays and Saturdays! I think we gained 10 to 15 pounds between drinks and "Happy Hour" food -- while sitting around a complaining about her soon-to-be ex.

MM

Last edited:
Lucy Loop - ok I'm a numpty just noticed who it is - doh - its my CD buddy from Georgia - HUGS - come on Lu - you can do it - I know you can - I saw it first hand the first time round!! xxx Claire x

lol, hey Clairey :)
I can't believe I'm at 17 stone! Heaviest EVER!
Still, good impetus to get started again. Day one is ok so far, totally caved at day 6 last time. Got hideously freezing. Plus hubby had pizza 2 nights in a row! Booo!!!!
I now have a wide variety of clothes sizes but still have my old skinny stuff here so am aiming for that :)
Just got my permit to work so hopefully will get a job and that will take my mind off it!
MinnieMel - thanks very much, you're kind to say so :)
Onwards and upwards ladies!
xxxx
L

well done Jason - just put him in charge of cooking and it might be the push you need!! ;)

I am a bit fed up this morning got on my scales (I am weighing myself not CDC - just for logistical reasons) and have lost 1lb since Thurs ... grrrr

Keep it up Lu XX

well I added a load of worcestershire sauce to my tom soup last night and it tasted just like UK one so was pleased! Also had possibly my worst nights sleep ever. Does anyone else find they sleep less well on CD? However, had a sneaky weigh this am and have lost 4lbs! yay!
xxxx
L

Hey Lucy --

Good Tip on the soup. I'll have to try it out tonight. Although, I always crave a grilled cheese when having tomato soup (it was one of our quick winter dinners when I was child).

I am not a good sleeper anyway -- so hard for me to tell the difference.

MM

The worcestershire sauce SERIOUSLY made all the difference. Apparently you can put parsely and onion powder in as well. Also black pepper.
Had a bit of a mad day today. For some reason my Dr. is the least time efficient man in the world. Waited 2 HOURS to see him just to check in on my meds. URGH.
Bonus is I don't have to go back for a couple of months hurrah!
In ketosis now hooray! Early too!
xxx
L

Hi Lucy -- Does your doctor know you are doing CD? And, if so, what was his opinion on it.

MM

Hello my lovely new year restarters!

Well it's been around 3 weeks since I started this thread - and I'm pleased to say I'm still here and doing fine :)

Wonder how many others have stuck with it? I've noticed it's got a lot quieter on here since those first few days after NY.

So... let's do a roll call. Who is still here who said they were going to restart originally and has stuck to the plan?

X

wannabslim - I started, managed 6 days, lost 10lbs, fell off, restarted yesterday, back in ketosis already and lost 4lbs overnight ;)
MinnieMel - I think he thinks it's a bit extreme and is dubious about the weight staying off but he is a huge atkins fan and is really rather round himself. We discussed the awesome merits of ketosis today. lol!

I am still here - so far 11lb in week one, but only 1lb since then (day 5 days) .... defo in ketosis and Loop I am with you wholeheartedly on the merits of Ketosis - some days I am not hungry at all and could easily only have two packs - make sure I have them all though x

Hi WBS, LL, D -- I am still doing CD. I started the 4th and SS'd the first week and lost 5 pounds. I got into ketosis and think I have been drifting in and out of it since I moved to an SS+ program on week 2. I only lost a pound, so I am going to have to be a lot more careful this week and see if I can make my 3 pound per week target, if I am not SSing. My BMI is just over 26 and so I want to try to lose the weight without totally SSing. But, if I get to Valentines Day and have not made what should have been an easy goal -- I may SS even if the literature says it is not ideal. I just need to learn how to "manage" my food and maintain my weight once I get where I need to be.

MM

Back