Starting S&S today!

Just had maraconi cheese for lunch with brocolli didn't think it was as nice as the mushroom pasta which was delicious. Also wanted to ask what do you look for when buying sweeteners? As i am wanting to buy some, tesco have there own brand of sweeteners with aspartame is that ok to use?

I heard that you had to not have Aspartame in it, Splenda was one I think I may have heard that was okay?

I don't use sweetners, except the little tab ones in my coffee/tea :) but might make the oatmeal cookie thing at some point..

I heard that you had to not have Aspartame in it, Splenda was one I think I may have heard that was okay?

I don't use sweetners, except the little tab ones in my coffee/tea :) but might make the oatmeal cookie thing at some point..

Ok thanks Geegee

Funnily enough I didn't order many mushroom pasta as I didn't think I'd like it, but ordered a few macaroni cheese packs as I miss cheese a bit.

I just had the cafe latte shake, was ok, not sweet enough though.. still prefer the chocolate shake by far! Probably won't order any more cafe latte ones.. looking forward to trying the crispy chocolate shake.

Do you all have your veg and milk allowance? I do.. doesn't seem to be stopping weight loss..

TOTM started today though :mad: came off the Pill about 2 weeks ago and so I didn't know if/when it would come back. I don't feel bad though, so hopefully it won't do too much damage..

I just started with the vegetables yesterday. Just bought milk today ready to use on my oatmeal or porridge tomorrow for breakfast. Don't drink tea really just water. Just water in my shakes.

Just to let you know that the porridge doesn't really taste any different made with milk compared to water. I make it with water (I have the oatmeal) and save the milk for coffee or leave it out altogether.

That's handy to know BG.. I like the oatmeal as it is, but did consider it with milk.

I just have 2 coffee's a day with milk, make a big difference to be to be able to have those.

I also have a couple of Coke Zero's a day too and doesn't seem to cause a problem, helps me with any sweet cravings too.

I always think that using the milk in a shake or the porridge / oatmeal is a bit of a waste personally :). I don't have the milk every day but I do have a skinny latte treat at weekends that I use the milk allowance for and really enjoy. My little weekend treat and totally on plan :)

I have decided to use milk in my porrigde and oatmeal as when i used to have it i always used milk. Although it will taste the same its more of a mind over matter for me i don't think i could eat it knowing that it was made with water. Plus oatmeal and porrigde won't be an every day thing and thats the only thing milk will be used for. Also contacted slim and save they said that sweeteners with aspartame are fine. Only pill or tablet form maybe used no powders.

Tayvion - thanks for sweetner info! don't know where I read the no aspartame then! What will you be using it for?

I've found all the packs fairly ok sweetness wise, usually I'd add sweetner to cereal etc, but found it ok, and love the oatmeal, feel 'normal' lol.

BG - love coffee, oooh, might do a skinny latte at Starbucks one day lol.

Just got the sweeteners just in case, i need to add a little sweetness to my oatmeal or porrigde. I also bought cinnamon as i have seen people say they added it to there porrigde or oatmeal. Will be tasting one of them tomorrow for breakfast for the first time. I get back to you on how it tasted for me. Have had a great day back to 100%. Roll on weigh in day thursday.

How are Geegee? What foods, shakes and bars have you tasted and liked or disliked?

Ironically the 'sweet' porridge was the only pack I've ever needed to add sweetener to. It tasted strangely salty and odd without. I like the oatmeal as it comes but it's not to everyone's taste.

Tayvion - My favs so far are the Chocolate Shake, Chilli meal, Oatmeal and the Lemon bar.. I've had the spaghetti and wasn't too fussed with it, truffa bar was nice but prefer the lemon one, vanilla milkshakes were horrid and cafe latte wasn't that great either!

Generally having boiled veg with an evening meal, but going to have some fresh fish and salad this week, got it today from the supermarket.

Got a few new ones like Macaroni cheese, mushroom pasta etc coming this week to try, so I might change my mind yet.

How about you? what's your favourites so far?

BD- I never tried the other porridge, sounds like I struck it lucky with the Oatmeal I ordered in the silver packet. How long until you reach goal?

Geegee- I like the chocolate milk shake, mushroom pasta is delicious. Don't really like the macarconi or the vegetable soup, they where ok just not my favs. The lemon yoghurt and chocolate truffle are ok but won't be ordering them again. Didn't like the cafe latte. Still have some samples to taste.

I have just added veg to my evening meal packs. Maybe in a few weeks i add chicken, or fish.

Hi Bordersgirl how long have you been on s&s?

Wish I had ordered more mushroom pasta now lol.

I like the bars but prefer something more substantial for a meal, good for if I'm out for the afternoon though and can't make any packs up.

Soup isn't my thing, prefer to have a shake or oatmeal, so not ordered any of them.

Been slow with water today so trying to squeeze a litre in now, going to be wee'ing all night.!

I've been on S&S since last August and have lost 5 and a half stone so far. I stepped up to 800 calories a month or so ago and am losing a couple of pounds a week at the moment on average. I still have 18 pounds to go. I'm ok with losing slower now as I feel a million per cent better and I'm learning more about eating and portion sizes in the real world which is all good for maintenance. I'm on a break for Easter (I take a break for a week every 12 weeks as per the S&S guidelines) and am learning that food doesn't necessarily taste as good as you think it will, and that you can be just as satisfied with a small amount as a big portion.

BG - I tend to overstuff myself too much and feel awful for hours, so I can see what you mean about having to 'learn'.

Are you still losing well on the 800 calories then? Is your long term plan to build up the calories very slowly week by week?

Yes, I'm losing a couple of pounds a week on 800 calories and am ensuring that I keep to around 60g of carbs to ensure that I stay in ketosis. I use My Fitness Pal to track the cals / carbs.

I intend to get to goal (or pretty much) with 800 calories. Then I will refeed by upping the cals to 1000 but keeping ketosis. Then I will start introducing carbs (I intend to low GL in maintenance) to reach a point where I come out of ketosis but maintain my weight. I know that I put on around half a stone when I leave ketosis so I need to take things gradually otherwise I will gain unintended weight. Eventually I want to keep to around 1200 calories during the working week that is under my maintenance level that leaves me a bit of slack at weekends to indulge in some treats and alcohol. I can have treats and alcohol in maintenance - I just can't have them all the time like I used to do pre diet. That's the plan anyway :)

Sounds like a good plan.. I was doing a 1200 calorie diet recently and still managed to eat quite a lot, so it's definately possible.

Day 6 today - going strong!

Got a cafe latte shake in hand, ergh.. going to have spicy spaghetti for lunch, another shake this afternoon, and then fish and salad tonight.

I bought 3 portions of fish, so once it's used I'm going to just have the meals until next week.

Hope everyone is still going strong! Week 1 nearly over with.

So true about 'learning' about food and portion control. It sounds ike a very sensible approach Bordersgirl, im thinking along the very same lines regarding maintenance and low GI because ive unfortunately been down this road before :eek::eek: didnt follow re-feed :eek: didnt follow maintenance :eek: = lost 4 stone and gained 2! This time will be very different.

Good luck to all on S&S, its a great plan x

Back