Starting slim fast...again!

aesir22

Silver Member
Think this must be the millionth time I tried to change my eating plan. Last year I got down from 19.5 stone to 14st 12lbs. I did it with a personal trainer but my housemate moving out means I'm too poor to afford a PT lol.

My step father died a week ago in a motorcycle accident. Very upsetting and its made me realise life is too short to be hating your body. So I'm gonna be super strict and try slim fast again. My weight has gone up to 18st ugh. I start uni in oct and would like to be at least a couple of stone lighter. Its Durham uni and Durham is all hills lol.

Any other blokes out there doing sf? I hear it can cause problems due to soya and increased oestrogen levels but I'm hoping to do some weight training to balance this.

I'm gonna set a target of 35lbs loss before uni and track it on here

14/07/2013 0lbs lost ~ 35lbs to go

R u having snacks as well? I normally have slim fast for breakfast & lunch (with water not milk) then have 2 snacks or something at 3ish worth about 120kals, I eat 1,200 kals a day. I'm sure men should be more. WI tomorrow morning (didn't have time last week) so I'm hoping for a good loss.

Good luck, but remember don't starve yourself! X

No I've eaten my tea at 800cal, snacks worth 200cal so got another one to have and my two shakes. And milk in coffees oops. I'm used to eating 3000+ cals a day lol think its gonna take me a few days to adjust

So about 1,500 a day that's not a lot for a man! See how u go but if your struggling then I would up it to about 1,750, that is still enough to lose weight. Good luck

It does get easier, I'm into my 3rd week but ran out of SF on Sunday, nearly freaked out eating normal food, had to make a smoothie instead! Never thought I'd be like that at the beginning, loved my food too much but it's amazing how your focus changes. Go to bed early, that's what I do. Lol

Aye lol I used to be up til 1am but am going to bed after I finish watching Fat: The Fight for My Life.

Well it's day 2! Day 1 was ok, toughest time was late afternoon but overall it was manageable

Day 3 on the go and so far its ok. Wednesday is a bad day for me. I work half a day on wed and when I finish at half 2 I normally go to the shop and buy pastys, crisps and chocolate. And then pizza on a night. But have resisted so far!

I'm gonna count day 4 as today instead of yesterday because if the kind of day it was. Decided to do measurements

Chest 116cm
Arms 40cm
Waist 122cm
Hips111cm
Thighs 73.5cm
Calf 45cm

Hello there!

Hope it is going well for you, I have been following your diary :) when is your weigh in day?

I've not really got a specific day to be honest. My scales are a little unreliable so I'm waiting til I can get back to the gym to use theirs

Baaaad day. Been ravenous for hours! Things I had I shouldnt have:

2 bananas
A milkpop
Tiny bowl of cheerios
Scrambed egg on toast

Back